• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New here from CA!

Would you recommend any other brands/models to look at?
I've been assimilated by the BORG aka FX. I've got 2 MAVERICKS a VP .25 and a .22 Compact, they do the job and are moderately easy to work on. Their customer service is excellent, you can either get it and shoot it or jump down various branches of the Rabbit Hole® and spend a ton of money in the process. My personal favorite is the VP .25, gets enough velocity to shove pellets 125 yards accurately and doesn't take a lot of air in the process. If you're doing up close and personal, say 50 yards, the .22 works well in either the compact or the VP. There are a lot of good guns out there, just search on this forum for the pros and cons of various makes/models.

Nothing yet...... was looking at buying a RAW HM1000X in 25 cal
Check out the FX Royale platform too. Similar to the RAW. Superbly simple, quiet, dependable, repeatable, ACCURATE & no tinkering! Getting a great out of the box shooter as a 1st pcp is a positive, non-frustrating experience for entrance to the rabbit hole! (y) ;)

The RTI brand guns are a good choice also.
I've got two, with one having a small air leak, but was simple to fix, they are as accurate as any, easy to work on when required, have a fewer o-ring count than most. Easy to shoot well.

Welcome, from SoCal also.

Mike
...I have two of them; they shoot like lasers...and welcome from the Netherlands/France (summer)...

Thank you all for the information, I'll do some more searching on the board and order something on Monday........do you guys reccomend any vendors to use?
Welcome. I used to live in Carson just across from the KIA dealership!

Try this for a local airgun dealer:

TOP AIRGUNS​

15608 Graham Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

1-714-907-0067​

Check out the FX Royale platform too. Similar to the RAW. Superbly simple, quiet, dependable, repeatable, ACCURATE & no tinkering! Getting a great out of the box shooter as a 1st pcp is a positive, non-frustrating experience for entrance to the rabbit hole! (y) ;)
WHAT you are trying to get him assimilated by the Borg? That's cruel.