New Hatsan FlashPup review by 13C gunreviews on YouTube

I have this gun in .25 cal, love it, but this isn't really a great review. I'm having a hard time believing they're getting 910 fps with a H&N Baracuda 30.86 gr without a tune. Later he says it's shooting around 1000 fps, we all know it's nowhere near that. I also have to mention that the .25 cal is 10 per clip, not 12, so that is ten shots. Also noticed that after filling it, when he went to shoot that he forgot to put the plug back into the air tube. Make sure you pop it back in there.

Love this gun, it's well worth the price, and a great hunting gun, but this video seems to be stretching the truth, I don't like that, especially from a company that has a reputation for being realistic about what their guns are doing.

I'm having a hard time believing they're getting 910 fps with a H&N Baracuda 30.86 gr without a tune. Later he says it's shooting around 1000 fps, we all know it's nowhere near that. I also have to mention that the .25 cal is 10 per clip, not 12, so that is ten shots.

Love this gun, it's well worth the price, and a great hunting gun, but this video seems to be stretching the truth, I don't like that, especially from a company that has a reputation for being realistic about what their guns are doing.

Hi BnHappy,

First, this is my first PCP airgun review and the first one I've ever owned. I tried my best to convey that right out of the gate, in fact I did, several times. I come from the firearms side of things and there is honestly a much wider difference in terminology and technology than I would have initially thought.

Second I think you may have skipped through the video and perhaps only caught pieces of a few things, for example when talking about the differences in FPS between calibers, shots per tank difference between caliber and magazine capacity between caliber.

I listed FPS (correctly) initially and again at 6:03, at 6:23 I say "It looks like that 910 is pretty close to what I was getting on the crono" and then at 9:40~ seconds I start talking about the FPS I got using the 30.8gr Barracuda using a crono and again say Hatsan lists FPS at 910. 

I was also crono'ing several super and subsonic .300 blackout loads the day I was cronoing the FlashPup and I used the Federal Suppressor brand ammo that is listed at 1,000 FPS as my baseline and the crono was pulling speeds from them at +/- 25~ FPS. Unless there is some special crono I have to use for pellets, I'm confident that my tests were accurate. I just skipped back through the video looking for those highlights, I didn't hear anywhere that I said the .25cal was 1,000fps.

Hatsan isn't responsible for the content of this video or anything I said in it, I'm sorry if you got that impression somehow. Hatsan shared this of their own volition and until I just did a check on my YT analytics, I had no idea it was posted here, or by them. Thank you for the share though , I appreciate it. My videos are made by me and are based on my experiences with the products I'm using. If you go back and re-watch the video without skipping through, or at least check the time stamps I listed if you don't have 20 minutes, I don't see where I stretched anything.

Joe -the air rifle noob

I understand that it's new to you, I'm not really an old timer myself, but I have a couple of PCP's that I've owned for about a year, and I've probably spent way too much time reading about them, watching reviews, etc. You know what I mean, you do it with firearms. 

I watched the video all the way through, several times, even watched it on my big screen tv (how I noticed the missing plug, lol) because I love this gun, and want to see how it's working for others. I did also think that it was an advertisement, a lot of people do it in this industry, so I owe you an appology on that. Air gunners know that the air gun industry likes to stretch the truth on numbers, Hatsan lists this rifle at 900 fps with lead- free pellets, Hatsan has always been a company that is pretty close to what they claim, so yeah, it bothered me. 

Again, I owe you an appology, in your defense, I will say that I am finding that some people are saying their guns are shooting at the speeds you stated right out of the box, nothing I have seen from the first batch of guns that came out, I preordered mine as soon as It was put up to do so. The fps difference may due to a simple hammer spring adjustment in the factory, some may be turned out a little more than others, smoother working parts, etc. I know the gun has power, and some are going to work a little different than others, I know it can do it, and that alone leads me to believe that you're being honest. Yes, I've been digging in forums and asking questions over this video, I think I need to take my stock off and turn my hammer spring out because mines only pushing the Baracudas in the low 800's at the fastest, (editing here... average of Baracudas seem to be around 735 fps top, not 800, the JSB 25.39 are moving at 800 avg.) and seems to be the norm with other owners I know. I guess I'm a "gotta see it to believe it" type and not seeing it being chrony'd weighed in on my thoughts on the vid. I hope you understand, there's a lot of BS in any industry to make sales, and when I thought this was an ad, pffft, from that point I'm not believing it until I see it. 

As for the 1000 fps, wrong vid, that was the Riton video at 1:25. The airgun community split hairs just like the firearms community, this is an excellent little gun, but that much difference in fps in an airgun is huge. I also know that when dealing with the firearm community they like big numbers, especially on a pellet gun, and there's not many that will listen to how they work, why lower speeds are better due to the bc of regular pellets, you need to move into higher power guns that can push slugs with a better bc to use higher speeds. 

Anyway, not trying to rag on ya just to be annoying, not my thing, just my gun man, my favorite pcp, lol. Have a good day, and thanks for the video, seriously, I think this little gun is seriously underrated.

I understand that it's new to you, I'm not really an old timer myself, but I have a couple of PCP's that I've owned for about a year, and I've probably spent way too much time reading about them, watching reviews, etc. You know what I mean, you do it with firearms. 

I watched the video all the way through, several times, even watched it on my big screen tv (how I noticed the missing plug, lol) because I love this gun, and want to see how it's working for others. I did also think that it was an advertisement, a lot of people do it in this industry, so I owe you an appology on that. Air gunners know that the air gun industry likes to stretch the truth on numbers, Hatsan lists this rifle at 900 fps with lead- free pellets, Hatsan has always been a company that is pretty close to what they claim, so yeah, it bothered me. 

Again, I owe you an appology, in your defense, I will say that I am finding that some people are saying their guns are shooting at the speeds you stated right out of the box, nothing I have seen from the first batch of guns that came out, I preordered mine as soon as It was put up to do so. The fps difference may due to a simple hammer spring adjustment in the factory, some may be turned out a little more than others, smoother working parts, etc. I know the gun has power, and some are going to work a little different than others, I know it can do it, and that alone leads me to believe that you're being honest. Yes, I've been digging in forums and asking questions over this video, I think I need to take my stock off and turn my hammer spring out because mines only pushing the Baracudas in the low 800's at the fastest, (editing here... average of Baracudas seem to be around 735 fps top, not 800, the JSB 25.39 are moving at 800 avg.) and seems to be the norm with other owners I know. I guess I'm a "gotta see it to believe it" type and not seeing it being chrony'd weighed in on my thoughts on the vid. I hope you understand, there's a lot of BS in any industry to make sales, and when I thought this was an ad, pffft, from that point I'm not believing it until I see it. 

As for the 1000 fps, wrong vid, that was the Riton video at 1:25. The airgun community split hairs just like the firearms community, this is an excellent little gun, but that much difference in fps in an airgun is huge. I also know that when dealing with the firearm community they like big numbers, especially on a pellet gun, and there's not many that will listen to how they work, why lower speeds are better due to the bc of regular pellets, you need to move into higher power guns that can push slugs with a better bc to use higher speeds. 

Anyway, not trying to rag on ya just to be annoying, not my thing, just my gun man, my favorite pcp, lol. Have a good day, and thanks for the video, seriously, I think this little gun is seriously underrated.

No problem and thanks for watching and feedback. The airgun bug has fully bit me and my subscribers are enjoying it as well so there will be more in the future. With winter coming up my focus will shift back to long guns for the most part from January through February, might see another airgun before the first of the year depending on what goes down for black friday.