New H&N products, big and small!

The small one – H&N Baracuda 8 in .177​

Baracuda_8_45_WEB.jpg
Weighing just 8.44 grains, the H&N Baracuda 8 is a lightweight addition to our line of .177 caliber Field Target and Hunter Field Target pellets. Why another pellet in the same weight class as the H&N Field Target Trophy, some might ask? The answer is simple: the FTT does not achieve optimal results in every weapon, so an alternative is needed. And here it is.

As with all domed head airgun pellets, the Baracuda 8 is extremely versatile and is also a good choice for small game hunting and pest control. It will be initially available in the popular 4.51mm head size.

Production has just started.

The big one – H&N Slug HP II .30​

Slug_HP_II_762_WEB_2022-12-12.jpg
The latest and much requested addition to our range of premium slugs bridges the gap in our product portfolio between the .25 and .35 calibers. The chosen diameter of .301 / 7.65 mm proved to be the most suitable for all of our test guns from different manufacturers. Initially we will offer two weight options: 50 grains and 54 grains - we may offer other options in the future as well.

The Slug HP II .30 features our two-stage hollow point "T-Slot": the upper part with a shallow angle ensures a quick start of the deformation, the lower part with an acute angle keeps the deformation going. The result is a secure and massively expanding projectile.

Production is running, worldwide deliveries will start shortly.

Airhunter Gerhard tested our new slugs on a hunting trip to the USA - check out his latest video on YouTube.

View attachment 333089Weighing just 8.44 grains, the H&N Baracuda 8 is a lightweight addition to our line of .177 caliber Field Target and Hunter Field Target pellets. Why another pellet in the same weight class as the H&N Field Target Trophy, some might ask? The answer is simple: the FTT does not achieve optimal results in every weapon, so an alternative is needed. And here it is.

As with all domed head airgun pellets, the Baracuda 8 is extremely versatile and is also a good choice for small game hunting and pest control. It will be initially available in the popular 4.51mm head size.

View attachment 333085The latest and much requested addition to our range of premium slugs bridges the gap in our product portfolio between the .25 and .35 calibers. The chosen diameter of .301 / 7.65 mm proved to be the most suitable for all of our test guns from different manufacturers. Initially we will offer two weight options: 50 grains and 54 grains - we may offer other options in the future as well.

The Slug HP II .30 features our two-stage hollow point "T-Slot": the upper part with a shallow angle ensures a quick start of the deformation, the lower part with an acute angle keeps the deformation going. The result is a secure and massively expanding projectile.

Airhunter Gerhard tested our new slugs on a hunting trip to the USA - check out his latest video on YouTube.

If that new 177 pellet is as good as your Baracuda FT 9.57 pellet, t will be a keeper for sure. I enjoy shooting repeated one hole 5 shot groups with my Weihrach HW44 and that pellet. They just are that good, straight from the tin.

Daft question maybe to all you experienced PCP shooters maybe but here goes , can a FX impact with a 700mm liner and power plenum fitted ,fire a 34grain slug and remain under the sub12lbft UK law and be effective for close distance pest rat control ? Apologies for my ignorance I think I'm having my chain pulled by aguy trying to sell me a MK2 impact ?

Daft question maybe to all you experienced PCP shooters maybe but here goes , can a FX impact with a 700mm liner and power plenum fitted ,fire a 34grain slug and remain under the sub12lbft UK law and be effective for close distance pest rat control ? Apologies for my ignorance I think I'm having my chain pulled by aguy trying to sell me a MK2 impact ?
In order to shoot a 34 gr slug to meet the 12 foot pound requirement would mean the pellet can only travel at 390 feet per second.

I suggest a .177 caliber seven or eight grain pellet for pest control. Much easier to hit stuff.

In order to shoot a 34 gr slug to meet the 12 foot pound requirement would mean the pellet can only travel at 390 feet per second.

I suggest a .177 caliber seven or eight grain pellet for pest control. Much easier to hit stuff.

Thanks for your reply , the rats come out on mass like a carpet so no time to aim , the owner wants them dead and the guy selling the gun quoted the figures you are , I was thinking a 34 grain slug would get suck up the barrel in sub 12, is he messing with my brain or will it fire them , thanks again for your reply , we walk into the rats so it's very close work , we don't want them escaping down pipes to rot down and stink they are very big critters

The little ones, well might have to get a tin of those to try as i am contemplating getting a pistol.
The big boys, well i would like those too, but sadly i live in a place where some strongly feel the need to protect me against myself, so sadly out of the question.
You mention this many times.

Why keeps you from getting a huntinglicence and go buy whatever you desire?.

Well not much of course, well at least not in the greater perspective.
But why cant i just go and get a owners permission, i have no interest in hunting anything, so why should i memorize the hunting season for god know how many things.
I would also take some form of test that will indicate if i am able to handle and transport a weapon safely, but the hunting part is the biggest thing of getting the hunting license i think

Same:
I have been driving a car for 40 years without accidents, and i have been certified to drive trucks loaded with explosives - highly flammable and or toxic stuff for 15 years.
So why now if say i wanted to get a motorcycle would i have to pass a theoretical test once again, when i have proven for 40 years i know how to drive, really in my perspective a number of hours on a track learning to handle / understand the after all different motorcycle should be sufficient, but i would also go along with passing a driving test.
CUZ my logic say, if they think i do not know how to drive, well shouldent they then take my licenses immediately.
And if i have to take at least a theoretical test again, that to me is like saying well you are demented and you have forgotten what you have learned 2 times.
And i take that as a insult to my persone from the people in charge mere ( one insult out of many - many )

Sure i could easy take the theoretical test too as after all it only take like 10 - 15 minutes, but on principal i think it is silly, and principals and standing on then as politicians are not able to, well it is what keep our country from spinning out of control.

At least in the military in the old days, you pass driving exam for car, and got motorcycle - truck hell i even think tank driving licence in 1 go.
Of course thats also something you can argue against or for, to me it just say that there was a time when Denmark wasent such a nanny state.

View attachment 333089Weighing just 8.44 grains, the H&N Baracuda 8 is a lightweight addition to our line of .177 caliber Field Target and Hunter Field Target pellets. Why another pellet in the same weight class as the H&N Field Target Trophy, some might ask? The answer is simple: the FTT does not achieve optimal results in every weapon, so an alternative is needed. And here it is.

View attachment 333085The latest and much requested addition to our range of premium slugs bridges the gap in our product portfolio between the .25 and .35 calibers. The chosen diameter of .301 / 7.65 mm proved to be the most suitable for all of our test guns from different manufacturers. Initially we will offer two weight options: 50 grains and 54 grains - we may offer other options in the future as well.

When will the 30 slugs be available?