New guy

Hi folks.

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been into air guns since late 60s-early 70s. My first being a Crosman 760 pump. I mounted a cheap scope on it and shot the crap out of it. Later I acquired a Daisy 300 CO2 rifle. 5 shot semi auto BB only. Not really accurate, but loads of fun.

That was many years ago and I made the natural progression to rimfire and later on my real obsession began with Thompson Center Contenders, but that a story for a different forum.

Recently my air gun interests have been rekindled. This was partially due to the ammo shortages and price increases, so I started looking at PCPs.

I had sights set on some of the higher end PCPs but figured I might want to test the waters first with an entry level rifle just to see if this was really for me. So on a recent trip into Academy for some rain gear, I did as I always do and routed through the gun section to see if there was any ammo on the shelves. Well the ammo sections had been repurposed as the airgun display and there on the shelf was the Umarex Origin with a price tag that just screamed Take Me Home! so I did.

So far I am liking it and suspect that that Kral Puncher I was lusting after is going to get some more serious consideration.

Thats it for now. I hope to learn a lot hear and maybe even share some things as I become more familiar with the intricacies of this hobby.

Jerry

download.png
IMG_1838sm.1623250902.jpg

I forgot to post a picture of my Origin. I hope I did this right.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Welcome Jerry! If you really like shooting, and it seems like you do you might as well start saving for a compressor and a high end rifle lol! The bug is going to bite you hard as soon as you see the kind of accuracy that you can have with the high end air rifles. I absolutely loved the Thompson contenders. I’m afraid that you are going to need a HW44 pistol for sure, accurate out to 60 yards off of bags. Google videos on the HW44!

Hi folks.

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been into air guns since late 60s-early 70s. My first being a Crosman 760 pump. I mounted a cheap scope on it and shot the crap out of it. Later I acquired a Daisy 300 CO2 rifle. 5 shot semi auto BB only. Not really accurate, but loads of fun.

That was many years ago and I made the natural progression to rimfire and later on my real obsession began with Thompson Center Contenders, but that a story for a different forum.

Recently my air gun interests have been rekindled. This was partially due to the ammo shortages and price increases, so I started looking at PCPs.

I had sights set on some of the higher end PCPs but figured I might want to test the waters first with an entry level rifle just to see if this was really for me. So on a recent trip into Academy for some rain gear, I did as I always do and routed through the gun section to see if there was any ammo on the shelves. Well the ammo sections had been repurposed as the airgun display and there on the shelf was the Umarex Origin with a price tag that just screamed Take Me Home! so I did.

So far I am liking it and suspect that that Kral Puncher I was lusting after is going to get some more serious consideration.

Thats it for now. I hope to learn a lot hear and maybe even share some things as I become more familiar with the intricacies of this hobby.

Jerry
Welcome Jerry.

ThomasT

Reactions: jmohme
Quick question.

After creating this thread, I can now get a message that I can not start a new subject. Is there a minimum time or number of replies before I can do things here?

Thanks

Jerry
Yes, it's like 10 or so replies. It's in the FQS somewhere.

Welcome, I followed the same path with my Daisy 717 and powder burners then jumped down the rabbit hole and still falling. Bought a Remington Nitro that was an education, then a Zbroia Sapsan, which I MAY get back some day...then a FX Maverick VP .25, have a FX Maverick Sniper .25 coming tomorrow from a forum member. Enjoy the fall.

Reactions: jmohme