• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New guy set up?

Hopper,
Yong Heng has 8mm quick-disconnect female, you'll need a male foster fitting to air up gun. Some guns have foster fitting installed, others use fill probe. Fill probe has threaded end opposite part that slides into gun. You'll need a $9.99 adapter (Pyramyd Air) which screws on fill probe. Search under adapters, has "Air Venturi" stamped on it. I've no idea if your gun has foster fitting or fill probe. SecoLube 500 has a 520-degree flash point, Royal Purple has 470-degree flash point, IIRC, just like the HUSKY Full Synthetic Air Compressor oil, I use. Higher flash points are preferred, I plan to use SecoLube at next oil change. I only fill guns; Husky works for now. Water pump provided with Yong Heng is fine. Here's my fill station, green bottles are frozen, used to chill water, 10-inch box fan behind YH helps, as well. WM
IMG_20220322_203924.jpg

Reactions: Hopper
Hopper,
I'll explain moisture removal system. Started with $60 gold filter, has 3-media plastic cartridge. The small black (cotton-filled) filter came with Yong Heng, blue $14 (cotton-filled) filter was left over from hand pumping days. High humidity in Florida garage soaked cotton in small black filter while filling guns. Purchased $125 water-coalescing, copper-colored filter on eBay. Not really a filter, as has no media, just baffles and chambers which direct heavier water and oil molecules to bottom and fresh air out top. Small black knob vents to sink. Black YH filter has been clean and dry since. Note elevated placement for items being filled and upright filters, uphill battle for moisture is a good thing. WM

Hopper,
Yong Heng has 8mm quick-disconnect female, you'll need a male foster fitting to air up gun. Some guns have foster fitting installed, others use fill probe. Fill probe has threaded end opposite part that slides into gun. You'll need a $9.99 adapter (Pyramyd Air) which screws on fill probe. Search under adapters, has "Air Venturi" stamped on it. I've no idea if your gun has foster fitting or fill probe. SecoLube 500 has a 520-degree flash point, Royal Purple has 470-degree flash point, IIRC, just like the HUSKY Full Synthetic Air Compressor oil, I use. Higher flash points are preferred, I plan to use SecoLube at next oil change. I only fill guns; Husky works for now. Water pump provided with Yong Heng is fine. Here's my fill station, green bottles are frozen, used to chill water, 10-inch box fan behind YH helps, as well. WMView attachment 302270
Thanks it does come with a fill probe

Screenshot_20221101-211712_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Hopper,
I'll explain moisture removal system. Started with $60 gold filter, has 3-media plastic cartridge. The small black (cotton-filled) filter came with Yong Heng, blue $14 (cotton-filled) filter was left over from hand pumping days. High humidity in Florida garage soaked cotton in small black filter while filling guns. Purchased $125 water-coalescing, copper-colored filter on eBay. Not really a filter, as has no media, just baffles and chambers which direct heavier water and oil molecules to bottom and fresh air out top. Small black knob vents to sink. Black YH filter has been clean and dry since. Note elevated placement for items being filled and upright filters, uphill battle for moisture is a good thing. WM
Appreciate the picture. All seems complicated at moment since I have no idea. I think once I get my feet wet and do few fills it will all start to make since. I did order this filter with the YH not sure if it's worth a dang or not.30Mpa Oil Water Separator PCP Air Compressor Pump 4500Psi High Pressure Air Filter Diving Separator L300mm OD50mm with 8mm Female and Male Quick Connector (Blue) https://a.co/d/8mJN2uG

Hopper,
That filter is the same, or very similar, to my M50 gold one, I'll include copy of the Owner's Manual Cover, for reference. Fill probe looks like no need for adapter, already has male foster end. Silicone grease is a big plus for PCP owners, little dab on clean fingertips lightly smeared on those two "o" rings can help with sealing and smoother fit in gun. All seems complicated but you'll get used to it. I had to buy a few high-pressure hoses and adapters to get system going, imagine most have to. The items on shelf don't get removed, the stand, bucket, water pump/hoses and bottles all get put away after fill session is complete. Dump water in washing machine or on garden. Don't hesitate to ask questions, many here willing to help. This is a very welcoming place. WM
IMG_20221022_234748.jpg

Thanks.
I added the Royal Purple to my order. Is that the stuff?
Royal Purple has a lower flash point than the SECO. After running for a spell you will find some black carbon deposits on the upper stage using that oil.

You can continue to use the pump that came with it, I know people "upgrade" to higher flow pumps but the thermal transfer probably won't be noticeable.

Smitty