• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New guy deciding on what Bull pup

I am in USA = Ma. Looking for advice on Bullpup 22 or 25.

My thoughts are so far Vulcan,Cricket or Wildcat. So many versions........ So many options......

This would be my first Airgun. I have a Remington shotgun,pair of stubby 38's ,45, 2 - Bereta's.

Most likely a used one around 1,000.

Is there anyone near Boston or north?

Can someone give advice what to look out for?

Thanks in Advance

Your choices are all excellent. My friend’s cricket is a lazer but a bit heavy and you have to cock it from the rear. The others have forward cocking levers, a big plus on follow up shots. I had a rear cocking Edgun R3 single shot and that’s the only reason I sold it. I just got a forward cocking R5 and the difference is phenomenal. So in short, I’d recommend a forward cocking bullpup.

I’d recommend the classifieds here. I’ve purchased all my guns second hand through here with no bad experiences. You definitely get more for your money and they ship anywhere. You don’t have to limit yourself to only what’s available locally.

A lot of people like the taipan vet for the trigger, build quality and accuracy. I use a edgun. I like it. I am also very interested in the rti prophet. It is a redesign of the priest 2, the rti team went to extreme benchrest and did exceptional. Can’t go wrong with any of your choices you listed. As always, some of the best deals are found in agn classifieds. Good luck.

A lot of people like the taipan vet for the trigger, build quality and accuracy. I use a edgun. I like it. I am also very interested in the rti prophet. It is a redesign of the priest 2, the rti team went to extreme benchrest and did exceptional. Can’t go wrong with any of your choices you listed. As always, some of the best deals are found in agn classifieds. Good luck.

All good choices. I do second what drew said on the rti prophet. I had a priest 2 but the direct cocking bolt drove me nuts, and then they announced the prophet so I sold it in anticipation. Come to find out they are making an upgraded cocking kit for the priest lineup. 😒😒. I will say the cz barrel on it is lights out accurate, the gun ergonomics are tight, and very comfortable to shoot and carry in the field. 

Tnt19, great response. Ugh, I bought my grail rifle, the leyla 2, love it, I hunt, so I like edguns, so well built. I said NO MORE NEW GUNS! Well I’ll be damned if I saw the rti priest 2 and saw what the rti team did at extreme benchrest, and I thought man, it’s a less complicated, cheaper impact. Well I think this damn corona virus has delayed shipping if the rti, but I am seriously considering beginning a new gun fund for the rti.

I'm no expert on bull pups, in fact, I don't much like'em. But, not long ago I bought a Taipan Veteran Standard in .22. It is as accurate as my RAW, an extremely robust design, about as complicated as a hammer. And the real bonus, it has an excellent trigger. It is harder to shoot than a full length rifle, but the accuracy is amazing. It is my only bull pup experience, but I can highly recommend it. 

Thanks all for the advice.

I wonder about the FX dreamline bullpup. I did not know about that one. I am going to dig in the net to find out more.

I am leaning heavy to the Vulcan but there are several versions of bull pup so more info needed.

What country is the FX made in? Anyone know more about these? They are less $ than my other choices? Why?

Tnt19, great response. Ugh, I bought my grail rifle, the leyla 2, love it, I hunt, so I like edguns, so well built. I said NO MORE NEW GUNS! Well I’ll be damned if I saw the rti priest 2 and saw what the rti team did at extreme benchrest, and I thought man, it’s a less complicated, cheaper impact. Well I think this damn corona virus has delayed shipping if the rti, but I am seriously considering beginning a new gun fund for the rti.

Yeah Drew, I liked it over the impact for it's ergonomics, easy adjustment of the regulator and hammer spring, and the minimal amount o-ring to replace. @Mk there are a ton of choices and it makes so hard since you can't shoot them lol. I can speak for what I have done. I have shot the vet, and impact all great guns, but I can't get on with the weight of the vet and the complexity of the impacts. I have modified all my airguns I shoot better than factory setup so I am no slouch. I drilled ports modified the valves etc. I wish you the best on your endeavor. 

I would also recommend a DreamPup. I had a Wildcat, which is a great rifle but it lacked a power adjuster wheel, which I needed for my varying hunting locations. I bought the DreamPup (in .22) and couldn’t be more pleased. The WC has a forward cocking lever which is a tad easier to use, whereas the DreamPup has a rear lever but I don’t find it any less useful. I do a lot of pigeon hunting, inside dairy bars and find the power wheel to be very useful for my applications.

I have had a Taipan veteran 25, Wildcat MKI, 22 and a Vulcan Tactic 25. I sold the Wildcat and Taipan. All three rifles shot great!!

I like the mid cocking better on the Vulcan, but you can get a biathlon lever for the Taipan and it is great.....I have a Uragan Compact in 22 and a Lelya in 25 also. If I could find a Taipan short in 25 I might just sell the Lelya.....Taipan’s have such a great trigger, easy to tune, and a laser to shoot.

You can’t go wrong with any of the rifles you mentioned and like folks have said the classified section here is great...I have bought all the rifles I have owned here.

Tony P