• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New gun, New member

Great introduction and nice looking rifle. I hope you have better luck making your own projectiles than I have had. I have a mold from NOE that I think is a good mold but neither of my 25s likes the pellets it makes. They are more consistent in weight than JSBs I've compared them to but they just don't shoot that well. It could be my casting abilities but I'm leaning toward it is just not a good fit of projectile to rifle. Unfortunately there is not a good way to know in advance if your gun likes the pellets a mold makes. Anyway, good luck. JSB pellets are good but they are not the cheapest.

Reactions: the_derelict
Welcome the_derelict!
As you are already aware, there is a TON of great information on this site and LOTS of friendly folks as well.
Lakeside area for me, shot with Gerry52, Centercut and Bigragu some in the past, great bunch!
Repeat from above....nice pics and nice stock!
Enjoy!
Mike

Thanks, Revoman! It's cool to find out how many people share this hobby locally. I had no idea!

Great introduction and nice looking rifle. I hope you have better luck making your own projectiles than I have had. I have a mold from NOE that I think is a good mold but neither of my 25s likes the pellets it makes. They are more consistent in weight than JSBs I've compared them to but they just don't shoot that well. It could be my casting abilities but I'm leaning toward it is just not a good fit of projectile to rifle. Unfortunately there is not a good way to know in advance if your gun likes the pellets a mold makes. Anyway, good luck. JSB pellets are good but they are not the cheapest.

Thank you. That's a good point you make about casting... I bet it'll take me a while to find which molds work best, plus the actual technique needed. Heck, I haven't even fully tested the commercially available options in this gun yet so it sounds like I have a big hill to climb 😅 Luckily, I'm pretty patient when learning a new hobby... but we'll see how long that lasts! :LOL: