• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New gun Help

Kind of conflicting desires. Deer at 100 yards require some serious power and back yard friendly generally means quiet and not so powerful as to present a clear problem with containing the projectiles.
I hope you can come up with something but I don’t see how the two coexist.
Maybe someone can give me an education

i'am in the market for a new pcp, iam looking at the AEA challenger 24" (seem to be out of stock everywhere ) and the new pro series both in .35 or a benjamin bulldog 357. Any thoughts/info are welcome thanks.
The 24-in Challenger is probably the most powerful but the pro model is regulated and will give you more consistent velocity and accuracy.
If you're only going to take that one possibly two shots then the basic bullpup will do the job very nicely.
If you want to shoot groups then the pro version will do the best. Challenger 300 ft lbs... 2 shots, Pro model 160 ft lbs 18 shots

@Airisking I don’t know of an airgun capable of taking deer out to 100 yards that is backyard friendly. Not only is sound an issue, but a safe backstop as well. That is unless your in a rural area and your backyard is in the woods, mountains, or desert. If yo search the AGN threads you should find that you aren’t the first to pose this question. There some pretty good information already out there on the topic.

With that said, before addressing your question I’d like to ask, how much are you willing to spend for the gun alone?

personally i think 100 yard deer is a powder burner only shot .
@beerthief I thought about that as well, but there are some air gunners that can pull it off. There are certainly some high-powered air rifles advertised as capable of doing so. Personally I like the approach of “thinking of airgun hunting from an archery perspective.” I am practicing to take deer from within 50 yards. When I see them, enough show up around that range where I don’t have to worry about shooting further. If they’re out beyond 50 yards, that means to wait for them to come in closer or stalk them if possible. It’s the backyard friendly part of the question that seems pretty unrealistic. I certainly wouldn’t recommend that a person completely new to big bore airguns try to shoot any animal out to 100 yards.

@beerthief I thought about that as well, but there are some air gunners that can pull it off. There are certainly some high-powered air rifles advertised as capable of doing so. Personally I like the approach of “thinking of airgun hunting from an archery perspective.” I am practicing to take deer from within 50 yards. When I see them, enough show up around that range where I don’t have to worry about shooting further. If they’re out beyond 50 yards, that means to wait for them to come in closer or stalk them if possible. It’s the backyard friendly part of the question that seems pretty unrealistic. I certainly wouldn’t recommend that a person completely new to big bore airguns try to shoot any animal out to 100 yards.
key word "some air gunners" just think how many changes in wind speed there is in 100 yard distance and a pellet or slug BC