• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New gun for Sillhouette and Target/Plinking

I`m saving some money to get me a new airgun and would like your opinion about it...

The facts:
  • I'm not a hunter, so I don't need a powerful gun;
  • I don't have long ranges to shoot (actually there is one club but is kind of expensive to go very often);
  • And I Iike pistols more than rifles
So, would you consider a HW45 suitable for silhouettes (the max. distance will be 18,04 yards) and plinking ? I read a lot about her and I think she can be very good for this kind of match and can go a little further for plinking.

The other gun I was looking is also a Weihrauch but it's a HW30s (air rifle)...

Any opinion will be appreciated, thanks again !!

2014-12-02%2018.30.40_zpskp2badsi.jpg

I have today 4 pistols (2x Weihrauch HW 45 / Diana RWS LP 8 magnum / Browning 800 express all in .177). Without doubt I rate the Weirauch at the top.
As you can see I have mounted an aimpoint red dot on the black HW 45. 
My other HW 45, the STL, is the same gun, but I do not like the "silver metal look finish". It looks nice in the brochure, but the "silver coating" is just that - a coating.
-The Diana LP 8 is a 100% iron made gun. No plastic here and it gives you the good feeling. 
-The Browning has the highest velocity, but do not match the others. But then again - the Browning is also the cheapest 
So........ IN MY OPINION, you do no wrong if you go for the Weirauch HW 45. 

I suggest that you wait for a few more comments before you jump on an HW45. They are a reasonably powerful, well made, and accurate pistol however it is a spring piston affair. It is an effort to cock and has considerable recoil. A single stroke pneumatic or pcp has less recoil and is easier to cock. My silhouette pistols are a P-3, an IZH, and a Crosman 1701.