• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

New gun day, HW100 with very nice stock

I bought an extremely nice .177 HW100 from @Lewis here on the forum that arrived today. The rifle has a very nicely figured walnut stock. I mounted up a Hawke Frontier scope on it and turns out it shoots as good as it looks. I’ve been going back and forth on picking one of these up and am very glad that I did. If your looking for a nice sporting rifle, the HW100 should be on your list to check out.
82A56724-64CF-4FD6-B5F3-BA9BE7F9DC45.jpeg
D3CBBA61-2F8F-4A39-A582-DD391E64D36C.jpeg
807361C5-E1BC-445E-B37F-8C330C92110D.jpeg

My gosh, what a STOCK!!

How about that trigger eh? Is it nice or what? It can go lighter for target work with a simple mod if you love uber light triggers....

Hard to believe that they are essentially unchanged since they came out almost 20 years ago, and still ahead of most guns today in the trigger and magazine department.

I have two myself that I've been tinkering and modifying over the years, and they are my favorite PCPs I've ever owned. Enjoy it, looks like yours is a winner!

My gosh, what a STOCK!!

How about that trigger eh? Is it nice or what? It can go lighter for target work with a simple mod if you love uber light triggers....

Hard to believe that they are essentially unchanged since they came out almost 20 years ago, and still ahead of most guns today in the trigger and magazine department.

I have two myself that I've been tinkering and modifying over the years, and they are my favorite PCPs I've ever owned. Enjoy it, looks like yours is a winner!
Please get with me on the trigger. I was actually planning on tearing into it to see what could be done. I might shoot an occasional FT match with it and would like to get it under 4 ounces if possible.

Most excellent.
Hated selling it but I can't keep them all.
How many shots and what distance?
Were those the pellets I sent or something else?
5 shots at 30 yards, and yes it was the copper Crosman pellets in that pictured group. I also used some 10.34 JSB’s. It would put 3 or 4 of them in the same exact hole and then throw a flyer. I’ll plan on polishing my barrel and see what that does.

5 shots at 30 yards, and yes it was the copper Crosman pellets in that pictured group. I also used some 10.34 JSB’s. It would put 3 or 4 of them in the same exact hole and then throw a flyer. I’ll plan on polishing my barrel and see what that does.
If you can, try the 9,56gr QYS pellets. Mine shot the streamline variant like nothing on earth. It also shot the jsb 10gr similarly to how you describe, with the odd flyer ruining things.

I have the same rifle in the laminate stock. I prefer the looks of a good piece of walnut, but the adjustable comb is a feature I really wanted. I have mine tuned down to a bit under 12 fpe, which is terrific for yard shooting, and still lethal on squirrels out to 35 yards or so. With that tuning I get 70 regulated shots, which is great for a short cylinder carbine. It's shooting the 10.3 g JSB around 700 fps. If I decide to try FT, I'll use this rifle, just tune it back up. And yes, it is a great trigger, one of the few real, two-stage triggers. I have mine adjusted to a bit under 6 ounces, and I'm holding about 3 ounces at the first stage stop, so about 3 more ounces to release. And that is as light as I want it. You can probably get it down to 4 ounces with some spring work. I find a 2 stage trigger that light hard to manage, just too easy to pull through the first stage stop, because it is super light at that point. But, if you have a very sensitive feel, it might work for you.

Reactions: Cannonball