• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New goodies arrive, Shoebox Compressor, 12b Tank & MTM Rifle Rest

HTech

Aug 23, 2015
Got back from work and new goodies all ready to go.

My son built up the MTM rifle rest for me.

zbnO1b.jpg

The new 12b tank filled and ready to use with new 8bar compressor.

73sHOj.jpg

The new Shoebox up and running :)

OiWvNb.jpg

Exciting times :)
Now to should a few pellets in the garden.

Very cool! I have the ShoeBox Max 4500 Model. Here are a couple tips to keep it running trouble free. Get some white lithium grease and keep the piston rods and bushings well lubed. (on the far right in your photo), (also do not use the silicon oil for the rods and bushings, it will not lube them properly and they will wear quickly). Keep the felt pads of the auto lube feature wet with silicon oil. Last but not least check the tension of the belt and keep it nice and tight like it is when new. If you don't it will stretch and then it will strip the cogs off the belt then you will be dead in the water. Its a good idea to order a spare just in case. This is from personal experience. If you do those basic things it should be very reliable.

Good shootin!

Also You will need to get a water filter of some type to go between the two compressors. Other wise you will pump water into
your Shoebox and guns. That's very bad! Here's my set up:

In photo above R-L: 1. A regulator set to 90 psi, 2. A Wilkerson desiccant bead drier. 3. A Wilkerson 1 micron particle filter because the desiccant beads will generate dust with use. I shopped on E-bay and total cost with pipe fittings from hardware store was $110. USD I dry the beads in a shallow baking dish in the oven set to 225 degrees F for 30-60 min. I do this after every refill of the tank. Works good for me.

The whole set up I have was $110. If you will be using your shop compressor only for the Shoebox then you can skip the regulator. I use mine for other things and don't like having to remember to set the output on it down to 90 psi for the Shoebox. This is the desiccant drier I have and the place I found it. They also have the best price I could find at the time: http://www.zoro.com/wilkerson-dryer-desiccant-x06-02-000/i/G0641864/

Wilkerson does make a larger one that's around $100. That some people use. Its to large to mount on the Shoebox like I did but if it's humid where you live and/or you do a lot of shooting it may be a better option. The small one I have is just adequate. There are also "sieve" driers that remove even more water but of course are much more expensive. I may get one eventually. There is a thread or two about all this in the "Air Tanks, Pumps and Compressor" forum. Use the search feature.

Good luck!