New Glass for Atomic XR

I was running an Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 FFP IR on my Atomic and though I love the scope and reticle, it's too long (15") for the gun. Was looking at the Tac Veyron, but definitely wanted an IR. Luckily fellow forum members steered me in the right direction. 
So I ordered an Westhunter 3-12x44 SFIR FFP at 9.6" long, it fits the Atomic nicely. Got it today, after work I mounted it to the Atomic. Three shots later it was sighted in at 25 yards, then I went to work on black walnut husks from 25 to 50 yards. I'm not a scope connoisseur, I own an Athlon Helos G1 and the Emerald. Am loving the clarity of the glass. The turrets click are loud and easy to hear, the IR is daylight bright. Meaning just that, also at 3x with the IR it's very easy to pick up the targets. I shot a few walnuts at 25 and 40 yards at 3x with the IR on to put the low magnification to the test. I have no doubt this scope will be deadly on pests. I can see picking up another for one of my ARs. I will post up further impressions on the scope as I put it to use pesting and shooting groups with it.

image.1648248651.jpeg

Thank you gentlemen... The Atomic feels much lighter now and easier to handle. Plus, like @wall-e.t, said, it looks bad__s. I like that it is a LPVO with SF and non chevron or semi doughnut reticle, just a nice, easy to see center dot.

@orion, don't want to go higher, there just enough room to fit two sheets of paper, very, very close. Am mulling cutting off 1-1/2" to 2" off the front of the picatinny rail. 

Thank you gentlemen... The Atomic feels much lighter now and easier to handle. Plus, like @wall-e.t, said, it looks bad__s. I like that it is a LPVO with SF and non chevron or semi doughnut reticle, just a nice, easy to see center dot.

@orion, don't want to go higher, there just enough room to fit two sheets of paper, very, very close. Am mulling cutting off 1-1/2" to 2" off the front of the picatinny rail.

I'm with ya, I like it as low as I can, I would also lop off the end of the rail for extra clearance, you'll never use/need it and it's dead weight.

@mr.H, don't know if they're the same scopes or not. Some fellow forums members believe them to be the same scopes with different feature sets. If they are the same, it doesn't matter to me as I was shopping based on size, magnification range, having and IR. @ezana4ce, thanks for the link, what I like about the WHT is the short length, the entire reticle lights up and is daylight bright. Will try and see what a few pests think of the new scope.