• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK New Ghost leaking, question

Posted this in the "how to fix ghost regulator" thread, but not getting any feedback, so thought I would try a new thread.
I am having an air leak issue, and can't seem to locate where it is, and suspect it may be from the regulator. A couple of questions. When I unscrew the bottle from the gun, all of the air leaks out of the gun itself. It doesn't hold the pressure as the video shows. I also notice what "looks" like rusty gunk on the bottle valve and on the port on the gun that screws into the bottle. Is this from rust, or is it just brown grease from the factory? And what would cause all of the air to evacuate from the gun when the bottle is unscrewed (the bottle itself doesn't appear to leak)?
Brand new Ghost by the way. For the price paid, I don't feel like a should have to disassemble and replace seals on a brand new gun. However, if it is a very simple fix, and the brown gunk is just grease, I could live with that. If it is rust, I worry what the other internals look like.
Thanks
Here's some pics of the gunk.
PXL_20240215_023502460.jpg
PXL_20240215_023540303.jpg

Couple things....

If your regulator is set low it can dump the air in the chassis. When I have a low reg pressure, or when I'm shooting down the pressure in the chassis (no bottle) it'll get to a certain point and then vent the air that's still left in the chassis.

Is the valve in the bottles neck working? Ie, do you lose all the air from the bottle too, when you unscrew it?

What's your fill source? Wet air can = rust, VERY quickly. I don't remember brown grease on the bottle threads in those early days when I was removing bottles often.

Does the gun leak when the bottle is in place, screwed into the chassis?

The bottle doesn't appear to lose air when unscrewed, just the gun loses all of the air within a few seconds after the bottle is removed. Being that the gun is brand new, I have only filled it once which is from a larger tank that is filled w/ a GX CS 4 compressor, with 2 of the very large Tuxing filters between the tank and compressor. If that is indeed rust that I'm seeing, that is from the factory. The gun does leak slowly when the bottle is attached, but does not show any bubbles w/ a soapy solution test in the normal areas, which suggest to me that it is likely the regulator leaking out of the barrel. I will check that the regulator isn't too low as I could see that possibly being the issue. I'm still very concerned about this rusty looking stuff. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the screw port on the gun was a lot worse when I first unscrewed the bottle. I figured if it was indeed just brown grease, someone else would have noticed this on theirs.

So the gun leaks when the bottle is attached, but slowly. How slowly? Completely empty overnight? Or a couple hundred psi overnight?

There's also the air cooling off after being filled that will lower the pressure. That wouldn't be a leak, just the nature of hot air.

You seem to think the regulator is leaking....air wouldn't be coming out the barrel is the reg was leaking. Air coming out of the barrel would be a leaking main valve (opposite end of the gun from the regulator).

Call whoever sold you the gun.

Posted this in the "how to fix ghost regulator" thread, but not getting any feedback, so thought I would try a new thread.
I am having an air leak issue, and can't seem to locate where it is, and suspect it may be from the regulator. A couple of questions. When I unscrew the bottle from the gun, all of the air leaks out of the gun itself. It doesn't hold the pressure as the video shows. I also notice what "looks" like rusty gunk on the bottle valve and on the port on the gun that screws into the bottle. Is this from rust, or is it just brown grease from the factory? And what would cause all of the air to evacuate from the gun when the bottle is unscrewed (the bottle itself doesn't appear to leak)?
Brand new Ghost by the way. For the price paid, I don't feel like a should have to disassemble and replace seals on a brand new gun. However, if it is a very simple fix, and the brown gunk is just grease, I could live with that. If it is rust, I worry what the other internals look like.
Thanks
Here's some pics of the gunk.
View attachment 435776View attachment 435777
Send it back