• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NEW Garmin xero testing 👍🏼

So. Picked up the Garmin to try out and compare it to my fx ballistics, first impressions is sweet, small as a gopro, didn't miss one shot out of 136 from slow shooting too rapid fire. Ran it alongside my airgun, 10/22 and AR. 30rd mag dumps picked up every shot. It's alittle slower picking up shots compared to the FX. But for size being the same size as say a fx V1 it's soild. Great to toss in your range bag or pocket.
It does not give you BC like the fx model but other then that it's really good. Dare I say it. But it's a game changer, size weight price it's a winner in my opinion with the name Garmin behind it.
I'll do more testing and answer anything I can if someone's Interested.
I did purchase it out of my Own pocket just like anything else I Own so no swaying opinions

IMG-20240105-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20240105-WA0003.jpeg

20240105_162502.jpg

Nice! How much did you pay for it? FX chrono v1 costs around $200, this Garmin Xero C1 Pro is around $800+ according to Amazon price history. It looks neat, but it costs 4x more than FX. Except the LCD screen, what are the features vs FX that would motivate you to switch from FX to Garmin? Thank you for the review and info on this new gadget :)!

Nice! How much did you pay for it? FX chrono v1 costs around $200, this Garmin Xero C1 Pro is around $800+ according to Amazon price history. It looks neat, but it costs 4x more than FX. Except the LCD screen, what are the features vs FX that would motivate you to switch from FX to Garmin? Thank you for the review and info on this new gadget :)!
I have no clue where you got 800 from but it's 600 everywhere normally. But you get a coupon or catch a sale. (Bass pro shop) had it at 450 for 2hours before it was sold out. It's rechargeable so no battery's to be buying. No hanging on a barrel. No need for apps, extra parts like lab radar. I don't use the v1 anymore because of missing shots if it not setup correctly. As anything new out it's always pricey then it comes down.

Screenshot_20240114_180029_Chrome.jpg

So. Picked up the Garmin to try out and compare it to my fx ballistics, first impressions is sweet, small as a gopro, didn't miss one shot out of 136 from slow shooting too rapid fire. Ran it alongside my airgun, 10/22 and AR. 30rd mag dumps picked up every shot. It's alittle slower picking up shots compared to the FX. But for size being the same size as say a fx V1 it's soild. Great to toss in your range bag or pocket.
It does not give you BC like the fx model but other then that it's really good. Dare I say it. But it's a game changer, size weight price it's a winner in my opinion with the name Garmin behind it.
I'll do more testing and answer anything I can if someone's Interested.
I did purchase it out of my Own pocket just like anything else I Own so no swaying opinions

View attachment 425236

View attachment 425237

View attachment 425238
I've been following this chrony since it came out and will probably buy one at some point. At $450 I bet it didn't last long..lol.
I keep reading that you have to register with Garmin to use it, what's that all about?

My debate is do I need the bc ability of the fx. Sure it's nice to know for putting in kestrel and strelok but it seems I am always tweaking my bc, scope height, speed to get it accurate in the programs anyways. Plus, I always try to actually verify my drops for eft and ft.
For $400 more for the FX the answer for me is no.

I've been following this chrony since it came out and will probably buy one at some point. At $450 I bet it didn't last long..lol.
I keep reading that you have to register with Garmin to use it, what's that all about?
No registration needed. And no if I watched and followed you see no one has them in stock for long and lots of lab radar,magneto speeds 4 sale.

True your dope no need to get bc read. It helps but not necessary