New Garmin XERO C1 Chrono vs FX Pocket Chrono V2

I know it's brand new, but curious what you all think about the new Garmin Chrono spec wise. It seems to be a high end version of the FX Chrono more based for powder burners as the FX has a 1250 FPS limit while the Garmin goes up to 5000 FPS. Neither have the down range measurement capabilities that the Labradar and FX True Ballistics currently have.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience "pre release" and can share their thoughts if the Garmin Chrono is worth the premium of over 2x $ over the FX. And of course this is based on exclusive use for sub 1250 FPS.

I've been following this for a bit mow. It's very likely my next chronograph. Does anyone know if the app allows for multiple distance BC calcs? I like the new FX pro model but it is still large and at 1k it seems too expensive. The new FX pocket chrony is an improvement over the last one but still requires you to define a narrow speed bandwidth and only goes up to 1250.

I've been using an Oehler 35P since 1990. Have seriously considered and looked into the LR for ease of use. I shoot lots of wildcat .17 and .20 cal centerfires that exceed 4,000 fps. Unfortunately, the LR dopler will not register these small calibers shooting over 4K. The Oehler has dual proof screens to record the bullet 2x's as it passes through the chrono. Until a chrono can outperform and be more reliable than the Oehler, I have no reason to change. The Garmin is very intriguing.

I know it's brand new, but curious what you all think about the new Garmin Chrono spec wise. It seems to be a high end version of the FX Chrono more based for powder burners as the FX has a 1250 FPS limit while the Garmin goes up to 5000 FPS. Neither have the down range measurement capabilities that the Labradar and FX True Ballistics currently have.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience "pre release" and can share their thoughts if the Garmin Chrono is worth the premium of over 2x $ over the FX. And of course this is based on exclusive use for sub 1250 FPS.

I bought a labradar when they first came out. I haven't used it in years. too many missed shots are frustrating. too long to setup, just been using my crony. I seen the garmin online yesterday. I ordered one yesterday. I will sell my labradar for half its worth. I don't need the down range info of the lab. shot to shot velocity. small footprint.

Reactions: CajunBlake
I have an Lab Radar and now have the Garmin, FX, and Green Chrony w/ printer.

The Lab Radar is going to be sold it's worthless now to me.
Does the Garmin give speeds at different distances and/or calculate BC? These would be the reasons I might want something more than the FX pocket chronograph I currently use.