• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Garmin XERO C1 Chrono vs FX Pocket Chrono V2

Does the Garmin give speeds at different distances and/or calculate BC? These would be the reasons I might want something more than the FX pocket chronograph I currently use.
Yea the FX Chrono is great for airguns, but I shoot way more than just airguns and there are great apps and software that will figure out BC better than the labradar. One reason I own all the different chrony's.

And yet another chrony hits the market. LOL

I would not own any other FX one's. and then is not worth 899... no way

:(

Last edited:
I know it's brand new, but curious what you all think about the new Garmin Chrono spec wise. It seems to be a high end version of the FX Chrono more based for powder burners as the FX has a 1250 FPS limit while the Garmin goes up to 5000 FPS. Neither have the down range measurement capabilities that the Labradar and FX True Ballistics currently have.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience "pre release" and can share their thoughts if the Garmin Chrono is worth the premium of over 2x $ over the FX. And of course this is based on exclusive use for sub 1250 FPS.

Garmin XERO C1 Chrono vs FX Pocket Chrono V2​

Those 2 are worlds apart!

One is very small, mobile, and is made to attach to gun.
The other is larger, stationary, and provides more data.
Either one has its own unique advantages.
Chronies have certainly evolved over the last 10 years!

I love the microscopic size of the FX pocket V2.
I purchased one, and like it very much, primarily for that factor alone...

If I primarily sat at a bench, and needed more data, I would have gone with a different model.
My biggest dilema now, is what to do with a dusty, 7 year old Beta Shooting chrony, that folds in half, and uses the long rods!
Keep as a bench back up, or let it go?

I have a Chrony, the Pocket Radar and the LabRadar. Each has its good points.

Hate setting up the Crony - such a PIA to line up both screens and the bore - so many ERR messages. 😬 Having to manually copy all the data to a notebook is a big inconvenience. Still, it works and for indoor use it's better than the more powerful radar units that can get confused by false reflections off of nearby walls and stuff.

The Pocket Radar, small enough to keep in the shooting bag, is great for quick spot checks. I really like the voice call out of the velocities. It's not the most featured unit available but it's convenient because it's always handy when you need it. The V2 is nice but I've no complaints about the original (batteries have not been an issue for me) and have no need to upgrade.

The LabRadar is my mainstay. I set it up for tuning, to gather performance data or just monitor things (like shot count) while I'm shooting. Call it my "orange stenographer", always sitting quietly taking notes 🙂 Same deal with the new FX chronograph - it's very nice but I can't justify the cost replacing a unit that's perfectly fine for my subsonic airgun, archery and slingshot needs.

My chronographs are like my airguns, I have different ones for different applications. I can't see ditching any one of them just because something new comes out. As long as they give me the information I need, they're paid for and I'll be keeping them.

If one of my chronographs dies then I'll research the market for a new and improved one. In the mean time I'll spend the money on pellets 😉

Cheers!

Reactions: Airgun Al