Gamo NEW Gamo Variable Pumper for '24?

That kind of velocity must be with light weight alloy pellets. I seriously doubt it will launch
8-10 gr lead pellets @ 1200fps.
That's almost always the case with manufacturer claims, but I'm hoping it will be better than the six to seven hundred fps or so we're used to from the majority of pumpers, especially at this price point. I reckon we'll just have to wait and see, although patience usually isn't one of my more notable virtues. Still, if I see a spankin' new Gamo pumper later this year, priced somewhere close to a very affordable eighty bucks? As long as it's accurate, I'll likely be placing an order. ;-)

Reactions: Bandito
Hi Bubba,
For all who are interested in the Vapor 10X pumper rifle. The posts are true! I contacted someone who is very closely connected to Gamo and is not a person to lie or distort anything! Here is the reply to this question I asked. "Can or will you confirm or deny the existence of the Gamo Vapor 10x and the tentative August 2024 release with a Retail price of only $79" This is the reply, "I can confirm, I have heard from a Gamo rep they’re working on the Vapor". Nothing else was offered to any of the other details. So it is in the pipe line! Whether the rest of the details remain, like price, we will have to wait and see. I agree with "Marflow 777" you get what you pay for. To make sure it is not a cheap disposable product, I would pay $10- 20 more for something that lasts like quality of the parts in the 1977XS.
I know my fingers are gonna stay crossed... :)

That's almost always the case with manufacturer claims, but I'm hoping it will be better than the six to seven hundred fps or so we're used to from the majority of pumpers, especially at this price point. I reckon we'll just have to wait and see, although patience usually isn't one of my more notable virtues. Still, if I see a spankin' new Gamo pumper later this year, priced somewhere close to a very affordable eighty bucks? As long as it's accurate, I'll likely be placing an order. ;-)
Most every airgun ( break barrel) I've owned shot right at rated velocity.

Most every airgun ( break barrel) I've owned shot right at rated velocity.
I'm guessing you already may be familiar with some, or even most, of the following information, but I'll toss it out there JIC. ;-) With variable pumpers, it genuinely seems like it's completely the opposite situation, in that it's generally all but impossible for the purchaser to meet the FPS advertised for that model, even with lead free pellets (generally what the manufacturer uses to produce those numbers). Basically, the pumper manufacturers don't seem too worried about anything other than boosting that number as high as possible, so even something as important (to us) as accuracy doesn't really matter -- they just want to get that number as high as they can. In so doing, it seems to me that the less expensive variable pump pneumatic airguns especially end up having trouble meeting the desired FPS/FPE, based on most of the widespread, currently published charts illustrating the speed and energy numbers for which the user should be <ahem> shooting. That doesn't mean shooters still aren't taking out small game animals with these airguns, even fairly regularly, especially at the close ranges at which pumpers are most effective, it may be they just aren't getting the advertised fps necessary to create the FPE (with perhaps a small, built-in fudge factor, I believe) advertised for that target animal. Most airgun enthusiasts realize it isn't ALL about the speed (although it is necessary): it's the FPE on impact that makes -the- difference, but a very general rule of thumb actually is: the higher the FPS, the higher the FPE, so manufacturers do everything they can to get those numbers up there. The sneaky devils. :)

Based on my admittedly limited experience with the types (I do have a few), springers and gas-piston breakers simply are just more powerful than pumpers, so it isn't an issue. I'd go as far as saying just about every one made today (in the U.S.) is capable of producing enough -- and more -- impact energy necessary for one-shot kills on small game animals (when using the smaller caliber, slower models made specifically for small game). Conversely, most variable pumpers seem to be below or right on the sharp edge of being able to produce that energy, so the manufacturers typically (judging by articles written by professionals supposedly in the know) seem to try and boost those numbers by whatever means possible; even the FPS number printed on the retail product box could be off by as much as 100 fps or more. Sad bit true. This was why the release in the past few years of variable pump airguns like the Seneca Dragonfly Mk2's and Crosman 362 & 2023 carbines (and a few others) was such a big deal: these airguns met or exceeded those generally accepted numbers.

For the most part, this whole thing basically represents my opinion on the subject, but I also am of the opinion it might not be all that far off the mark, at least as far as telling the real story. As with everything else (as the reliable sage Popeye tells us): you pays yer money and you takes yer chances. ;-)

Last edited:
You got to figure Gamo 1200 fps is with a lite alloy/ pba pellets.. probably a normal 8-10g lead .177 may get ya 925+/-

Gamo should do like hatsan and give pba rates and the lead pellet fps rates ..

Still rach gun out of any box can just be +/- of claim or pellet used ..
I'd bet it won't even achieve 925 fps.

It's the usual fps wars, kids. It's aimed at new shooters who don't know and think they're getting the latest, greatest, most fantastic shooting air rifle made only to find out the exact opposite. Read the finer print on most rifle boxes and they say something about the super lightweight pellets used to get the claimed speeds. Most of them end up online and here, asking what's going on with said new super fantastic rifle.
Don't know if Hatsan still uses real lead for their numbers but they used to. At one time, they were the only ones, even if they were using the lightest weight lead pellets they could get. Their claimed fps numbers were, at least in the guns I bought, within 30-50fps of what they claimed depending on the weight of the pellets I was using.
I'll add my name to the list of people waiting to see what happens when the first ones roll out, shooters get to play with them in the real world and then come here to post their findings.

It's the usual fps wars, kids. It's aimed at new shooters who don't know and think they're getting the latest, greatest, most fantastic shooting air rifle made only to find out the exact opposite. Read the finer print on most rifle boxes and they say something about the super lightweight pellets used to get the claimed speeds. Most of them end up online and here, asking what's going on with said new super fantastic rifle.
Don't know if Hatsan still uses real lead for their numbers but they used to. At one time, they were the only ones, even if they were using the lightest weight lead pellets they could get. Their claimed fps numbers were, at least in the guns I bought, within 30-50fps of what they claimed depending on the weight of the pellets I was using.
I'll add my name to the list of people waiting to see what happens when the first ones roll out, shooters get to play with them in the real world and then come here to post their findings.
Another point to bring up regarding àirgun manufacturers velocity
claims are these two words...." up to " **** fps.

Another point to bring up regarding àirgun manufacturers velocity
claims are these two words...." up to " **** fps.
Welk you can't expect every a gun to be exact carbon copy to the letter under any condition . Can you ?

To like I said above that ahd guy in like Arizona and shot it in a dry 100° day and the ram pressure could of been hotter due to it's hotter there that day bs you in 60° .

His run of like pellets could of run a size that shot faster then your like run of pellets you shot .

Dude there's so many variables that affect performance even same guns same pellets.

Hay All;
Just a reminder everyone that Gamo/Daisy/Winchester had the Winchester Maximum Velocity alloy pellets which were 4.32g. These pellets were discontinued a few years ago. I still have a only a few left. These Winchester pellets are the testing pellet used to calculate the .177 alloy pellet speed. The H&N field target trophy alloy pellet in 22 caliber are 9.57g and are a good testing pellet for 22 air rifles.

Well, I suppose there could be some remote-but-highly-unlikely possibility Gamo USA still might be about to offer us a new, powerful-as-a-break-barrel variable pumper come autumn (or later), but I wouldn't recommend holding one's breath. The new Gamo USA 2024 catalog has been released, but in it, there is no mention whatever of a variable pump air rifle, powerful or otherwise. I very strongly hope the Vapor 10x wasn't just another example of Airgun vaporware, but since that oft-copied but single original article appeared online earlier this year, there doesn't seem to have been one additional article about a new Gamo variable pumper I could find, online or off, and believe me, I tried! ;-)

Officially, the last word I had from Gamo was an email in which I was told Gamo USA had not been informed of any plans for a multi-pump air rifle release, but the new 2024 products were not yet cast in stone, so I should wait for the official '24 catalog to see what happens. Well... I waited, and while I waited, I searched the wide, wide web the world over for anything else regarding a Gamo pump-em-up air rifle release, until finally, the new and official Gamo catalog did made its appearance. Unfortunately, a VERY careful perusal of the catalog included not only NO mention whatever of a multi-stroke air rifle with the appellation Vapor 10x (or anything else), the catalog doesn't even include a category for variable pumpers in the whole danged document. Not good!

I don't know quite what to tell you, folks. I guess there's a remote possibility a Gamo pumper still might magically appear somehow, sometime later this year, maybe even early in '25, but I for one will be extremely disappointed if, as things are looking now, this turns out to have been just another case of 'vaporware.' The original article I found (or more probably, was sent my way by a zealous advertising AI) could have been meant as a joke, I suppose, but if so, I'm not laughing at all. I guess trotting out the old saw reminding us "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" might be appropriate, but it doesn't make me feel any better, unfortunately. Shucks. I really was looking forward to a super powerful, super affordable new pumper from Gamo, or at least official confirmation it was really in the pipeline. As mentioned earlier, it still -might- be possible, but probably isn't very likely. I'll keep hoping something good will come of this joke or rumor or whatever it was supposed to be, but I won't be holding my breath until it happens. I'm sorry folks!

Sorry there are no new pumpers in the pipeline? Oh heck no!!!!!! Last night, I read something online about a new Gamo pumper planned for release around August of '24! Incredibly, they're claiming this beastie of a 10-pump variable pump pneumatic air rifle will have an all-new, breakthrough tech making it capable of sending pellets on their way at a blistering, breakbarrel-like 1200 fps! Even better, IIRC, the target price is planned to be in the neighborhood of a very affordable ninety bucks or so! A new 10-pump air rifle capable of 1200 fps for less than a hundred dollars... from Gamo? Color me sold! ;-) I've only seen the one blurb so far, so I can't be sure this is all on the up-and-up, but I thought I'd post a heads-up for the variable pumper enthusiasts out there, in case it is comin' down the pike. You better believe I'm keeping all my appendages crossed! ;-) Oh yeah, I think this already fairly amazing variable pumper is supposed to support a 10-shot magazine as well, making the whole idea even more attractive (if possible)! If this thing is for real, I can't wait to see a photo and hard proof of imminent release (and coincidentally, I just happen to have a birthday comin' up in early September). :) We will see...

And we all know Gamo has never exaggerated their product specifications!

With a name like Gamo... it must be a Gamo.:unsure:

Reactions: xsarfc9x
Hi Bubba,
For all who are interested in the Vapor 10X pumper rifle. The posts are true! I contacted someone who is very closely connected to Gamo and is not a person to lie or distort anything! Here is the reply to this question I asked. "Can or will you confirm or deny the existence of the Gamo Vapor 10x and the tentative August 2024 release with a Retail price of only $79" This is the reply, "I can confirm, I have heard from a Gamo rep they’re working on the Vapor". Nothing else was offered to any of the other details. So it is in the pipe line! Whether the rest of the details remain, like price, we will have to wait and see. I agree with "Marflow 777" you get what you pay for. To make sure it is not a cheap disposable product, I would pay $10- 20 more for something that lasts like quality of the parts in the 1977XS.
Howdy GMan414!

If it isn't too large an imposition, would you consider talking to your source again about this rumor? The last time I talked to Gamo USA, the 'official' word was they had no knowledge of a variable pump rifle being planned for release, but I should wait for the 2024 catalog to be published, which should include everything Gamo would have available for the year. If the new air rifle appeared therein (or it did not), I'd have my answer. Well, I have waited, doing considerable additional research in the interim, but none of my efforts turned up anything more than that original article, appearing again and again, in whole or part, on a number of other airgun and hunting related sites all over the web. Plenty of rumors and discussion, but no hard evidence.

Now the wait is over.

Unfortunately for those hoping for confirmation of the release of a powerful new Gamo pumper (like me, for example), the 2024 Gamo catalog indeed is now available, but it makes no mention whatsoever of variable pump pneumatic airguns. Zilch. In fact, that isn't even one of the different airgun types mentioned! There are Youth and Adult models. 1000FPS (and up) models. Synthetic. Wood. Underlever. Spring and Air Piston Break Barrels. And naturally, PCP airguns. Many different categories, but the only mention of "pump" I could find anywhere was in the area of hand pumps for PCP airguns. Variable Pumpers? Sorry, no cigar. Rats!!!!!!!!!

I'm about a pessimistic optimist at this point, so I'm hoping it still magically could be released somehow later this year, but it not being included in their 2024 catalog definitely has me a bit worried! Time will tell, I suppose, and hopefully the mysterious someone closely connected to Gamo will tell us something, but I don't think I'll hold my breath while I'm waiting.

Naturally, I'm not going to hold GMan414 accountable for anything an unknown third party might have to say, but if the person does have access to inside information about the rumored rifle, I would REALLY like to know if there is anything I might like to know! :) If it isn't too much trouble, I sure would appreciate any and all help I can get!. I guess I'll try to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

And when all is said and done, if it turns out the answer is the worst ... to have my lofty, lovely dream of break barrel power in an inexpensive variable pumper so cruelly crushed ... oh, the horror! ;-)

Howdy GMan414!

If it isn't too large an imposition, would you consider talking to your source again about this rumor? The last time I talked to Gamo USA, the 'official' word was they had no knowledge of a variable pump rifle being planned for release, but I should wait for the 2024 catalog to be published, which should include everything Gamo would have available for the year. If the new air rifle appeared therein (or it did not), I'd have my answer. Well, I have waited, doing considerable additional research in the interim, but none of my efforts turned up anything more than that original article, appearing again and again, in whole or part, on a number of other airgun and hunting related sites all over the web. Plenty of rumors and discussion, but no hard evidence.

Now the wait is over.

Unfortunately for those hoping for confirmation of the release of a powerful new Gamo pumper (like me, for example), the 2024 Gamo catalog indeed is now available, but it makes no mention whatsoever of variable pump pneumatic airguns. Zilch. In fact, that isn't even one of the different airgun types mentioned! There are Youth and Adult models. 1000FPS (and up) models. Synthetic. Wood. Underlever. Spring and Air Piston Break Barrels. And naturally, PCP airguns. Many different categories, but the only mention of "pump" I could find anywhere was in the area of hand pumps for PCP airguns. Variable Pumpers? Sorry, no cigar. Rats!!!!!!!!!

I'm about a pessimistic optimist at this point, so I'm hoping it still magically could be released somehow later this year, but it not being included in their 2024 catalog definitely has me a bit worried! Time will tell, I suppose, and hopefully the mysterious someone closely connected to Gamo will tell us something, but I don't think I'll hold my breath while I'm waiting.

Naturally, I'm not going to hold GMan414 accountable for anything an unknown third party might have to say, but if the person does have access to inside information about the rumored rifle, I would REALLY like to know if there is anything I might like to know! :) If it isn't too much trouble, I sure would appreciate any and all help I can get!. I guess I'll try to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

And when all is said and done, if it turns out the answer is the worst ... to have my lofty, lovely dream of break barrel power in an inexpensive variable pumper so cruelly crushed ... oh, the horror! ;-)
Hi Bubba,
Sorry my world has been crazy with family illness and hospitals and me trying buy a different house to move. I have nothing else to report to about the Gamo Vapor 10x. My source still has no further or new information. The contact person from the Gamo Vapor article is Lawrence Taylor, his email is listed as [email protected]. It is April 30 and I read on Hard Air Magazine, today, the holding company which owns Daisy/ Gamo / BSA has acquired the Crosman Corporation and the related airgun sub companies like Benjamin and Centerpoint. With that huge event there will be many changes to come in the near future.

Last edited:
Hi Bubba,
Sorry my world has been crazy with family illness and hospitals and me trying buy a different house to move. I have nothing else to report to about the Gamo Vapor 10x. My source still has no further or new information. The contact person from the Gamo Vapor article is Lawrence Taylor, his email is listed as [email protected]. It is April 30 and I read on Hard Air Magazine, today, the holding company which owns Daisy/ Gamo / BSA has acquired the Crosman Corporation and the related airgun sub companies like Benjamin and Centerpoint. With that huge event there will be many changes to come in the near future.
Hey, no problem whatsoever. I appreciate you finding the time to write me the note. Just take care of you and those that mean something to you. Selling, buying, packing up, moving and trying to get moved in can be about too much fun too. You've got about a full load on board and no mistake. Reminds me of that song by Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen, in which the singer laments: "There's a whole lotta things that I never done; I ain't never had too much fun." ;-) Seriously, no need to worry about anything having to do with this thread.