Gamo NEW Gamo Variable Pumper for '24?

Sorry there are no new pumpers in the pipeline? Oh heck no!!!!!! Last night, I read something online about a new Gamo pumper planned for release around August of '24! Incredibly, they're claiming this beastie of a 10-pump variable pump pneumatic air rifle will have an all-new, breakthrough tech making it capable of sending pellets on their way at a blistering, breakbarrel-like 1200 fps! Even better, IIRC, the target price is planned to be in the neighborhood of a very affordable ninety bucks or so! A new 10-pump air rifle capable of 1200 fps for less than a hundred dollars... from Gamo? Color me sold! ;-) I've only seen the one blurb so far, so I can't be sure this is all on the up-and-up, but I thought I'd post a heads-up for the variable pumper enthusiasts out there, in case it is comin' down the pike. You better believe I'm keeping all my appendages crossed! ;-) Oh yeah, I think this already fairly amazing variable pumper is supposed to support a 10-shot magazine as well, making the whole idea even more attractive (if possible)! If this thing is for real, I can't wait to see a photo and hard proof of imminent release (and coincidentally, I just happen to have a birthday comin' up in early September). :) We will see...

well its definitely not a looker that's for sure :). but if it performs the way their claiming it will, ill be purchasing at least 1
Beauty is only a lightswitch away.....a NV scope seems spendy for an $80 rifle just so you shoot without having to look at it lol. That being said, the concept is interesting. A mag on a pumper seems odd.....unless again they just don't want you fiddling around with single pellets in the dark.

Reactions: Bandito
Beauty is only a lightswitch away.....a NV scope seems spendy for an $80 rifle just so you shoot without having to look at it lol. That being said, the concept is interesting. A mag on a pumper seems odd.....unless again they just don't want you fiddling around with single pellets in the dark.
the dragonfly pumpers are magazine guns as well, personally, I think the only reason really to do that is to be different than all the pumpers of yesteryear

the dragonfly pumpers are magazine guns as well, personally, I think the only reason really to do that is to be different than all the pumpers of yesteryear
I hear ya. I'm a huge variable pumper fan, but for me, magazines and/or clips are not much more than an interesting novelty (if well made and properly executed) or an out-and-out nuisance (as in the case of the manually advanced for every shot, 5-pellet clips necessary with the variable pump Crosman M4177, designed -on purpose- with no way whatever to load/shoot only one pellet), when it comes to variable pump air rifles. I have both the .177 and .22 caliber versions of the excellent Dragonfly Mk2 (currently the best pumpers available, for many folks), but after trying out the magazines with which they shipped, eventually it proved to be more of a hassle than benefit, so eventually, I went back to the single-shot pellet trays exclusively and put the mags in storage. I can see them still being useful for hunting, however, since I wouldn't need to carry around a tin of pellets as well as the airgun. Besides, ten shots usually would be more than enough to get what game I needed. However, I'm really not likely to do much if any hunting from here on out, so again, I don't have the need for 'em withj mine. Not only that, but so far, I haven't tried one single pumper from any manufacturer that's equipped with a magazine/clip option, where I didn't end up going back to simply loading each pellet individually. I really don't much care for mags in my breakers either, but I quite like using them with my semi-auto or other CO2 airguns, and easily can see how they'd be even more useful for PCP users, so they do have their place -- for me, that just isn't in one of my pumpers, for the most part. ;-)

well its definitely not a looker that's for sure :). but if it performs the way their claiming it will, ill be purchasing at least 1
Until I got the Crosman C2023 (their awesome (to me) anniversary edition air rifle), I thought my Crosman 362 was the greatest little air rifle going, and not only was it more expensive on release than the planned MSRP of the Gamo Vapor 10X, I think I'd have to admit it's not all that good looking either (even worse than the Gamo, maybe). Regardless, the C362 remained my favorite air rifle for a good long while, and remains one to this day. I'm hoping this planned new Gamo might be something along the same lines; not that good looking, but depending on just how easy or hard it proves to be at pumping it up to all 10 iterations, with that 1200fps performance (hopefully), I think the thing will sell like hotcakes on release (IF the information online actually is for real -- I went to the Gamo website and found no mention of it yet, so I wrote them a request for information when I first posted about it and haven't yet received a reply). I also have a somewhat vague feeling-slash-hope that maybe we'll start to see more genuinely good-looking, maybe even wood-stocked, variable pumpers showing up on the market, because of the success of the sweet Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 air rifles, but who the heck knows? ;-) Like you, I'll be plunkin' down my money, if/when this amazing new powerhouse does make an appearance!

Okay, this is totally off the wall (hopefully!), but I can't wait to hear an affirmation from Gamo about this whole thing, if they actually do choose to get back to me (I got an automatic, automated email response from them that said they would, but it might take a while...). As it happens, I'm an old computer nerd, so their name for the air rifle, "Vapor 10X," worries me a bit, and has from the start, reminding me of the "Vaporware" title assigned to all the fantastic, affordable, do-everything, almost ready for release software products that never made it to market. Nah, no way it's anything like that... Right? :)

That has me wondering as well. Is the barrel rifled? There's no mention of it.

Cheers,

J~
IF the new Vapor 10X really is coming to market soon (still waiting to hear an official yea or nay from Gamo), it seems to me it would be counter-productive to create a 1200fps variable pump air rifle with a smoothbore barrel. We should know the scoop fairly soon. I'm just hoping it's everything I'm hoping it is. :)

"Bubba,
Thank you for contacting GAMO. Sorry, we have not received any information on the new rifles coming this Summer at this time.

Thank you,

Norma

Daisy/GAMO/BSA/Winchester
Consumer Service
479-636-1200"

I just got this reply to my email asking Gamo to confirm or deny the upcoming release of the new pumper, and if yes, to provide official information about it. I'm not entirely sure whether it says yes, no or maybe, but there it is. I suppose it could be construed as a yes regarding it being on the way, but I sent them another email asking in the simplest terms possible if there IS a new Gamo variable pumper scheduled for release.. Stay tuned.

Well, this was an eye-opener and no mistake! Almost but not quite a "no," still with some wiggle room to "we will see?" No official confirmation confirmation at any rate. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'll leave it to readers to determine the meaning of the response I received from Gamo USA customer service regarding the purported release of a pumper called the Vapor 10X:

"Bubba,

We haven’t been told of anything being released. Our 2024 catalog has not been announced yet. Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully we’ll know soon!

Thank you,
Amanda
Customer Service Representative
Daisy/GAMO/BSA/Winchester
479-636-1200"

Bubba…. When I read in your original post “Incredibly, they're claiming this beastie of a 10-pump variable pump pneumatic air rifle will have an all-new, breakthrough tech”…. I got so excited!!! I thought they were finally going to announce a brand new, redesigned, fully adjustable, two stage Gamo trigger 😳😳😳
But alas, no 😞

Hi Bubba,
For all who are interested in the Vapor 10X pumper rifle. The posts are true! I contacted someone who is very closely connected to Gamo and is not a person to lie or distort anything! Here is the reply to this question I asked. "Can or will you confirm or deny the existence of the Gamo Vapor 10x and the tentative August 2024 release with a Retail price of only $79" This is the reply, "I can confirm, I have heard from a Gamo rep they’re working on the Vapor". Nothing else was offered to any of the other details. So it is in the pipe line! Whether the rest of the details remain, like price, we will have to wait and see. I agree with "Marflow 777" you get what you pay for. To make sure it is not a cheap disposable product, I would pay $10- 20 more for something that lasts like quality of the parts in the 1977XS.