• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo New Gamo guns

My thoughts on one is it seems the better the warranty . Gamo has 1,3 and 5 year. I'm not hip on auto loaders just one more thing to deal with i really don't need . I did have to send one in for a bad ram , but Gamo took care of it pretty easy and quick. And it got shot alot over 4+ years and hits well..

The 33mm piston deal if you need to tune or replace it's another send it in to gamo , Gamo will not sell or send you one unlell you hold a ffl or go overseas to c.a.s Australia to get one. ( only place in the world outside Gamo to have it )

I like my Gamo and I rode it hard for years posted some groups here , but that 33mm seal deal is what put it in the corner.. it's a shame..

I can't speak for the Gen 3 mag systems but Gens 1 and 2 were hot garbage. They were very picky with what pellets worked in them and they broke often. Both of mine have been removed and are now single shot.

Gas pistons are absolutely fine if they were made well. You'll know within the first tin or two whether it'll last a couple of years or not usually.

The CAT trigger is hot garbage. It isn't particularly predictable and it basically just pulls through until it fires. That being said you can get used to it. If you get a CDA replacement trigger I hear they do wonders.

Accuracy will be hit or miss unfortunately. Gamo barrels are not great and have a tendency to be very, very picky. My .22 Magnum can hold about a 1.25-1.5" average at 50yds (occasionally break an inch) but it can do that with one pellet only out of the 15 different ones I keep on my shelf.

The big issue with Gamo is those plastic (coated?) breeches they use. If you shoot a lot they will eventually wear. The real issue there is that Gamo, in their infinite cheapness, have opted to make the pivot non adjustable. Once you have side to side play there is no fixing it without modification.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
FFL license required to buy parts. I ones I've owned didn't stay around long, dumped them pretty quick. Do you like barrels that look like a bottle of Coke laying on its side?
I like it better then hatsan qe that my 95 has. One thing I will say again is my gamos stock fits me / shoulders well and comfortable.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I like it better then hatsan qe that my 95 has. One thing I will say again is my gamos stock fits me / shoulders well and comfortable.
The Gamo stocks are very comfortable (with the exception of the Magnum) and I like them better than my Hatsan 95 too. The moderators on almost all cheaper guns are definitely hideous though. The standard coated Gamo barrels without them look much better.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
That hunter extreme pro is on sale .

Wood stock , Straight steel ( not plastic shrouded soda straw ). But still has the whisper baffle ..

If I did not already have this w/f mach 1 .22 I'd kinda like it ..

That hunter extreme pro is on sale .

Wood stock , Straight steel ( not plastic shrouded soda straw ). But still has the whisper baffle ..

If I did not already have this w/f mach 1 .22 I'd kinda like it ..

I hate to say it, but the green thumbhole ones look pretty good.

I hate to say it, but the green thumbhole ones look pretty good.
If the gr magnum

Ive read one or 2 early ones the stock cracked , but nothing in some time .

Also if your talking the GR it's also a spring not a ram power. That could be a plus ..

If a gamo ram were to fail it fails close to new .. if it holds past a good break in period time it's likely not to fail after.