New - FX WILDCAT MKIII BT - Available Now!

Question to the group:
I'm reading this new Wildcat BT is "exactly the same as a Maverick but with the typical Wildcat stock."
As far as i can tell, Maverick is a bit pricier.
Now why would i pick a Maverick over this new Wildcat BT? Is this just about looks? 
I'm sure there are other differences besides the Wildcat stock vs the Mav's more tactical looks right? 
Can someone please explain? Thank you.

They are the exactly the same price.

There aren't many technical differences as far as the interchangeable barrel/caliber system, interchangeable air bottles and the amount of power that can be generated. The only difference is the 20MOA rail that is on the Maverick, which makes long range shooting easier to do.

I just bought the Maverick VP .30cal, and I would have much preferred the Wildcat BT because I feel the open frame design of the Maverick is a tad too delicate for a hunting gun. The cocking rail mechanics are exposed on the Maverick, while they are enclosed and more protected from the elements in the Wildcat housing.

I have 2 Mavericks right now, one in 22 and one in 25. I was getting ready to buy a Wildcat MKIII Sniper, but I may get the VP and add a 480cc carbon tank on it. I have 3 FX's and they shoot slugs so well the VP would be nice as it has more power than the standard Wildcat MKIII with a shorter barrel, plus you need the extra air with slugs, and there are 300bar tanks available as well. I can see why FX went this route. 

I have 2 Mavericks right now, one in 22 and one in 25. I was getting ready to buy a Wildcat MKIII Sniper, but I may get the VP and add a 480cc carbon tank on it. I have 3 FX's and they shoot slugs so well the VP would be nice as it has more power than the standard Wildcat MKIII with a shorter barrel, plus you need the extra air with slugs, and there are 300bar tanks available as well. I can see why FX went this route.

This is exactly what I have done. Ordered the Wildcat BT VP in .22. I plan to take off the heavy aluminum bottle and replace it with a 480 CF bottle that I have lying around. Since I have a bunch of barrel sets for my Impacts and Dreamline (all of which fit the Wildcat/Maverick line perfectly) and I have a .25 500mm Wildcat probe from my previous ownership of a MK III Compact (which I sold because the shot count was just a little too low for me) I am set. The option to go to 300 bar is just the cherry on top!

I have several bottle and Tube guns. I have the original Wildcat 22 caliber. It will shoot 6 magazines on that one tube tank. It will shoulder well. it will bipod and tripod well. now they're throwing a big bottle on the front which is going to make it harder to bi pod, tripod and throw the balance of the gun forward. There was most consistently accurate gun I've ever shot I just think some things are perfect and you could leave them alone

But all they have done is offer another option, they haven’t ruined anything, because they haven’t changed the original Wildcat. The Wildcat is still offered with the tube. I agree that personally I like the tube better, but I don’t have a problem with them offering the bottle version for those that prefer that. In fact I would say it’s a good move more options are good for us.

+!

This makes perfect sense. They have given us another option. The tube version is still there for those that love it. For me, the tube Sniper was too big, while the Compact was almost perfect, except for the low shot count. As a result I sold both of those last year. I’ve already ordered the BT.

And yes “more options are good for us.”

Chris

I don’t understand how the offering of a new platform from fx would bring out posts that show anger management issues. My god, it’s a new platform, being “offered” to the public. You don’t have to buy it, lol. If fx didn’t put out anything new I guarantee complaints would come from the same people. 
The wildcat is a great great platform, and in my opinion, second only to the impact. It is meant to be a hunting out in the woods gun. Light, somewhat compact even in the sniper configuration. The move to slugs requires more air, so converting to a bottle design to add shot count was a good move to an already great gun. It wasn’t meant to be a bench Gun where you cock and maintain cheekweld with your eye on target. 

I see complaints on the safety location. I think the safety on the impact with a short throw cocking lever and larger cocking handle is worse, but I’ve adapted like others I’m sure.The LCS SK19 with the AR style safety up front, my thumb while on the hand grip cannot flip that easily, but I’ve adapted like others have I’m sure.

Lastly, there’s two pieces of PPE that you’re suppose to wear when shooting is involved- eye and ear protection.

Oh, and to the newbies looking at this gun as a potential buy, or anyone that’s unfamiliar with the wildcats design, the magazine does not emit emit any type of ear shattering noise. Just a simple click as the next round cycles forward. The sound of an AR being locked and loaded is way louder. 
the hammer is at the rear of the gun, which hits the valve which is just directly under the mag. You will get a ping noise thats less in noise when compared to a marauder, whose valve is also at the rear of the gun, and also under the mag. 

the only design that I know of with the mag under your cheek along with the valve, but has the hammer farther away up front is the impact, but that design also has its quirks.

the further forward a mag is placed in a pcp design means the valve/hammer assembly is also moved forward. There’s no getting around it. And the further forward that valve gets moved the closer it is to the reg, which would then affect the plenum space between the reg and the valve. 

Reactions: weehooker
Oh, and to the newbies looking at this gun as a potential buy, or anyone that’s unfamiliar with the wildcats design, the magazine does not emit emit any type of ear shattering noise. Just a simple click as the next round cycles forward. The sound of an AR being locked and loaded is way louder. 
the hammer is at the rear of the gun, which hits the valve which is just directly under the mag. You will get a ping noise thats less in noise when compared to a marauder, whose valve is also at the rear of the gun, and also under the mag. 

the only design that I know of with the mag under your cheek along with the valve, but has the hammer farther away up front is the impact, but that design also has its quirks.

the further forward a mag is placed in a pcp design means the valve/hammer assembly is also moved forward. There’s no getting around it. And the further forward that valve gets moved the closer it is to the reg, which would then affect the plenum space between the reg and the valve.

+1

I don’t understand how the offering of a new platform from fx would bring out posts that show anger management issues. My god, it’s a new platform, being “offered” to the public. You don’t have to buy it, lol. If fx didn’t put out anything new I guarantee complaints would come from the same people. 
The wildcat is a great great platform, and in my opinion, second only to the impact. It is meant to be a hunting out in the woods gun. Light, somewhat compact even in the sniper configuration. The move to slugs requires more air, so converting to a bottle design to add shot count was a good move to an already great gun. It wasn’t meant to be a bench Gun where you cock and maintain cheekweld with your eye on target. 

I see complaints on the safety location. I think the safety on the impact with a short throw cocking lever and larger cocking handle is worse, but I’ve adapted like others I’m sure.The LCS SK19 with the AR style safety up front, my thumb while on the hand grip cannot flip that easily, but I’ve adapted like others have I’m sure.

Lastly, there’s two pieces of PPE that you’re suppose to wear when shooting is involved- eye and ear protection.

Well said. ( Don't really understand the complaining about the ears when you can just get a headset if you know you have sensitive ears lol) But not here to make jabs. Super excited about this platform btw, I really think the biggest difference and the nicest difference since the price is basically the same (If one was more expensive and they were like this like dramatically more expensive I could see the hate but this isn't the case) the wildcat takes the advantages of a walk around hunting weapon. Like it was said before the maverick is very exposed that can be a cause for concern when long distance or even short distance hunting. Anyway great retorts guys, remember its all fun and games who cares at the end of the day take my money let me shoot things haha. 

Frank