• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning NEW FX Wildcat Mk3 Sniper (.22) - NEED HELP, NEW GUN NOT SHOOTING

All - Thanks for all your responses and help with this. I don't believe there are multiple pellets stuck in the barrel. I only ever cocked one pellet into the rifle, when the magazine was loaded into the gun, and when it didn't fire, I removed the magazine. But just to be sure...I'd like the check that real quick. How do I go about checking that there are no pellets loaded? What do I need to take apart? I already removed the shroud. Is it safe to check when there is air in the gun? I already filled it back up with air, after degassing it.

FYI: I'm watching a disassembly video on youtube right now, on the FX channel. Might help me figure out my way around this gun a bit.

All - Thanks for all your responses and help with this. I don't believe there are multiple pellets stuck in the barrel. I only ever cocked one pellet into the rifle, when the magazine was loaded into the gun, and when it didn't fire, I removed the magazine. But just to be sure...I'd like the check that real quick. How do I go about checking that there are no pellets loaded? What do I need to take apart? I already removed the shroud. Is it safe to check when there is air in the gun? I already filled it back up with air, after degassing it.

FYI: I'm watching a disassembly video on youtube right now, on the FX channel. Might help me figure out my way around this gun a bit.

Grab a wooden or fiberglass or carbon fiber dowel rod stick it in the barrel muzzle loader style cock the side lever open position push the pellets back in out of the breech.

If it's a real motha to push you probably got several pellets stuck.

UPDATE: Sorry for the delay in response. I had to go to the hardware store to get a slimmer wrench, to fit onto the manometer nut (didn't want to scratch or damage the gun with my fat wrenches). I have partially disassembled the rifle (see pic below), and pushed 2 pellets (JSB Exact 18gr .22) out of the barrel with a barrel cleaning rod. What should I do next? Should I reassemble the gun and air it back up, and then try to dry fire it (without pellet) to see if it pushes air out this time? Please advise!

20210119_181820.1611102117.jpg

Cheers,

Brett

OK....I can not get this gun to air up for poop. The pellet probe is lined up with the barrel when I put it back together. Everything is correct. I can however, hear air escaping inside of the breach block after i give it a couple minutes worth of pumping (yes, im using a hand pump). What do I do now? It seems to be leaking air audibly, around the the hammer adjuster area. UGH.

Since the spring does not put any pressure on the valve, cocking may not help. you can try tipping rifle muzzle up to ensure the hammer is not resting on the valve, but the valve spring should be stronger than the hammer weight, so that may not help.

Easiest way would be to find someone with an air tank.

I have heard that loading a pellet can do it, as when the probe is home, the air will be escaping down the barrel

[edit] keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, as the pellet may fly out when the pressure is high enough

Actually loading ONE PELLET (always pointed in a safe direction) and put it on SAFE might be enough to air or up. Beware that ONE PELLET MAY shoot out all by itself even while on SAFE when airing it up from empty zero air that's why I say load 2 pellets.

IF the 2 pellet double load trick airing it up from zero air was successful...

Then remove the shroud crank the power up again try shoot them out if still no luck don't degass it put of on SAFE. Use the rod to unstuck the pellets while barrel is still on the gun shove the rod in muzzle loader style open the cocking lever to allow the pellets to be pushed out through the breech (magazine space).

There are TWO things that can happen merely by degassing late model FX guns in general-

1- the regulator housing o-rings can become unseated and cause a leak.

2- the valve seal/seat may/might not stay shut even by refilling using a tank when starting from zero pressure.

NOTE the LONGER the gun stays empty with ZERO AIR the more likely ONE or BOTH issues are GONNA happen.

Loading 2 pellets before pumping it from zero air pressure DOES AND WILL WORK however it will not fix the other aforementioned leaks directly as a result of degassong the gun. THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T DILLY DALLY GET THAT GUN FILLED WITH AIR PRONTO THEN PRAY!!!

@pieterdg - The shipping lock screw you describe, is still installed inside of my FX Wildcat. What exactly does this screw do? Does it prevent air from being fired through the gun? Also...I have tried every single size of allen wrench that I own, and none of them will fit into the screw. What size/kind of allen wrench do I need, to remove the screw?

All - To the rest of you, thanks for all your suggestions on getting the gun aired back up. Once I get this "lock" screw removed, I am going to load a pellet (or 2), and then attempt to refill the air cylinder. And as a side note, I am using an Air Venturi Mk5 pump kit by Hill. It has a desiccator with desiccant beads. Seems to be keeping moisture out fairly well, from what I can tell. Well....for $280.00, it better be!!! Lol.

Cheers,
Brett