• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

New FX Warranty

I live in Arizona and I'm seriously considering an Impact. But with AOA no longer doing the warranty work, if there is a problem, I'd be faced with shipping it across the country. It feels almost like having to send a new car back to Detroit for warranty work. Does FX pay for shipping or would I have to pay for that as well, regardless, packing and shipping an air rifle is a hassle. Plus the waiting time involved. Most large companies have service centers throughout the country in major cities.

Both my FX guns have been trouble free but the Impact certainly is more complex and therefore more prone to issues.

I checked the FX website but I cannot find a copy of their warranty, unless I just missed it. Surely they must have one available. I looked at the old warranty information for my Wildcat, it consists of just 5 sentences and is to say the least, vague:

1531072991_12775852965b4251dfb0eae1.25138077_img081.jpg

FX does cover shipping both ways for warranty repairs. I’ve sent just the action (crown) in without stock, barrel and bottle so easy to ship. Expect to be without rifle for close to 2 months they are busy. Good communication along the process though.

Covering shipping cost is a plus but a two month wait is just plain ridiculous IMO, plus that shaves 60 days off of an already very short warranty. It's no wonder they are busy, they are the only source for warranty work for every gun sold in the US. I really believe FX is going to have rethink this thing. I've yet to hear anything that would make me a buyer, and I can't be the only one who feels this way.

I was told 3-4 weeks as well and actually got it back after 7. It’s arrived with the trigger off as the holding pin fell out and went back for another week. The time it’s in shouldn’t be warranty time with those wait times really and do need a few more techs in to work on the rifles. They do a good job of updates thoug when you email or call. 

I waited a little over a month for my leaking streamline to get done by fxusa. When I got my gun back, it had no work order of what was done and I had to reset the barrel so a clip would fit in it. My wife was wanting a wildcat and I was wanting an impact, but we will probably wait and see if the issues get better. She might go Vulcan and I might go powertuned cricket. 

I have an FX Impact .30 and plan to do my own repairs. I see people saying that if you tamper with an FX it voids your warranty, but they're wrong because our laws don't allow for that. The manufacturer has to prove that the work you did yourself caused damage and then it would only apply to the part you worked on. I don't expect to replace anything other than o-rings over time.

This is amazing. Now there is no reason not to get FX. Ever since they brought Ernest into their ranks and formed their own dedicated FX USA, I have been starting to want to get another Fx gun again. It will take a while for them to get everything sorted and trained but I have faith that they will get it done.

I respectfully disagree. I would not want to buy a new gun then have to box it, and this usually requires buying packaging, ship it off and then wait an undetermined amount of time for its return and pray that it is properly repaired so I don't have to repeat the process. I've had two brand new rifles that required repeat warranty service work, but I was able to take them to AOA. Having to send them off to the factory would have been a major hassle.

Obviously FX feels that their policy provides an economic advantage to them or they wouldn't be doing it this way. But any advantage they are gaining right now comes as an inconvenience for the customer IMO. Perhaps in the future they can at least give you a specific turn around time, or maybe authorize a loaner for extended repair times.

Frankly FX should have had everything sorted out with the necessary personal and training in place to handle the job well before they changed their policy. Just my opinion of course. The FX one year warranty versus others with a 5 year is another story. Enough said...

Just sent off my FX Crown .25 Walnut to FX Airguns USA. They received it today July 10, 2018. It mysteriously lost power. Won’t shoot any faster than 830 fps. Couldn’t figure it out so I asked for Earnest Rowe. Was quoted 3-4 weeks, the clock starts today. They paid for shipping, I live in Texas it took 3 days to reach them it even moved on the non business days Saturday and Sunday. Just want my baby back shooting at my 905 fps tune (JSB 25.39’s).

My son-in-law has an impact and has to send it in to get repaired. Suddenly stopped holding air. The gun is less than a year and half, had about 500 pellets put thru it and now he gets to cover the costs to get it fixed. That is what you face going with FX. Either shoot the crap out of the gun and make sure it really works, or get something like he has. he plans to sell it after it is fixed since he has had so many issues with it. Power wheel doesn't work, max velocity is 820 fps no matter what screws or bolts he turns, had to rebuild some linkage because when he took it apart to reach something else, he found out the steel screw had been screwed into the aluminum at an angle, so the screw wouldn't go in straight. He was happy at first when he got it, but when he was able to finally bring it over to check it on the Chrony, we found the issue with the power wheel. Not good. I sent my FX in to them just after they opened and had to stay on top of them to get it out in a decent time. 3-4 weeks seems to be the norm.

I have no compressed air for a fill. Will nitrogen cause damage to my FX M3. FX says use only compressed air. Nitrogen is theoretically better than air as its dryer. Can FX tell nitrogen was used.

I am not aware of any damage from nitrogen, some have been using it for a while. Do not think there are any materials that would degrade from pure nitrogen inside the airgun since 78% of air is nitrogen. But the best thing would be to ask FX directly.

I have no compressed air for a fill. Will nitrogen cause damage to my FX M3. FX says use only compressed air. Nitrogen is theoretically better than air as its dryer. Can FX tell nitrogen was used.

I currently have 4 FX rifles & only had one ever leak , & I caused that & fixed it myelf. I had six, the other two I gave away & the new owners have never had any issues. One of those is 10 years old & only ever replaced a breech seal. I never used anything but nitrogen. I hope I dont curse myself, but I must be lucky. To bad there are not half a dozen repair centers around the country that can repair any make & model , then the company who manfactured the gun just pay them for waranty work. Hard to believe we pay so much for these things & the support seems a little thin.

I bought a Crown MK1.5 last October. After 7 months, it developed a leak in the regulator, I think. I contacted FX and asked for a warranty repair. They sent me instructions on how and where to ship (outgoing shipping I paid for). A week after I sent it, I was called by a tech and said the gun was repaired. Acutally, they upgraded it to a MK!! at no cost to me. I got the gun back after a total of about 3 weeks. I can't complain about that. I believe their U.S. warranty is 3 years. They did ask for a copy of my purchase invoice.

IMO, FX has outrun its headlights a bit. They seem to have a very hard focus on designing and selling new stuff, not a bad thing. But, the support system is thin, and exacerbated by the introduction of new products that don't seem to be fully developed. I have a Royale 400, and it is a very simple, solid rifle. Had a disappointing experience with a Crown, and don't plan to own any FX rifles with the barrel liner system. I'm obviously in the minority and, as my wife says, I'm probably wrong. But, one advantage of being old, I've been wrong a lot, and I don't care.

Reactions: Fractured