New FX superior liner .177

Hi All.
yesterday I received a new FX superior liner for my FX Crown .177. (FAC)
I cleaned and installed the liner yesterday evening and did not test it yet.

It looks very promissing much deeper groves with much more powerfull internal profiles compared to my old STX liner.

The outside rifeling starts now softly from the beginning of the liner and are clearly extra deep at the choked mussle end.
The profiling on the STX liners starts from after the small grove that indicates the start of the liner.

It also looks very shiny and uniform internally.

One thing surpriced me. the twist is running the other way round?
I did not see other making comments about that!

Well, - first tests this afternoon.

Further info is comming after trials :eek:)

Claus Engfred Olsen
Denmark

Hi All.
yesterday I received a new FX superior liner for my FX Crown .177. (FAC)
I cleaned and installed the liner yesterday evening and did not test it yet.

That's good news that they are available somewhere. I'm just hoping that you aren't referring to the new "Superlight" liner instead of the "Superior" liner. I just received a Crown in .177 a month ago hoping that FX would eventually come up with slug or superior liners for .177. If not, to bad for us .177 shooters. I haven't yet found a slug that shoots from my "Superlight" liner yet. Frankly, FX hasn't even come out with the .177 hybrid slug yet. Perhaps both the .177 Superior liner and FX hybrid slug will show up someday after this Covid virus problem goes away.

Hmmmm? I thought the key to FX prowess was NO grooves until the las couple inches. Then groves lightly impressions the entire length.

Now, heavier grooves, thick and thin barrels.

It's as confusing as CDC Covid instructions. I hope more meaningful, although I'm beginning to wonder!
1f914.svg

The older, original Smooth Twist barrels were the ones that only had rifling in the last couple of inches. All of the STX, Slug and Superior liners have rifling the length of the liner. I have an ST, STX, Slug and Superior liners, with all of the liners other than the ST, the depth of the grooves and everything about the bore itself all look very similar, almost identical. That’s exactly why there has been so much difficulty by many AGN members differentiating between all of the liners and requests to FX that they mark the liner’s specifications permanently on the exterior. I hope this hopes a little.

Stoti

I’m not sure about the SSTX .177 liner, but the STX liner really wasn’t that great. When I was setting up my Crown for FT I tried that but the accuracy wasn’t good enough to be a competitive gun. So I bought off AGN Classifieds an older ST barrel (the solid barrel with just the rifling last couple of inches, not the liner system), and that was much much better. It’ll easily shoot dime size 5 shot groups at 50 yards with the 13.43 grain JSB RD Monsters at 820 FPS.

90AA2660-5975-441B-98A3-228DB7AAC670.1599334209.jpeg

Hi to all.

Just to start with a few answers - 

Same lenght as the old STX one - and it is same dimension as the old ~ø7mm outside diameter.

My old one is a STX it has the out side rifling the full way but on my old STX the rifling starts after appr. 5 mm and all the way

My new Superior the rifling is starting from the beginning of the liner (softer pressed rifling the first 10-15 mm)

I spent 4 hours of shooting with the Superior liner - i did not put in the old stx and shot the test again.

I ordered a new STX liner at Mundilar in Portugal having the impression that STX Superior was only available for .22 - .25 and for .30.

But I was possitive to receive the package and to see it was having a label "Superior".

Rogerio from Mundilar ordered my liner from FX - I waited a couple of month for the liner to arrive in Denmark.

When I hold both in my hand it is only the small differences that I mentioned earlier where my biggest surprise was the twist is turning the pellet the other way around. (And it doesent matter what end you look at ;-)

Before i fitted the liner i pressed a couple of pellets throug each of the liners. The Superior is more tight and it feels like it has more choke too.

I tested the new superior liner yesterday with JSB Exact, Heavy, Monster RD, Beast, QYS streamlined, Hades, H&N FT Trophy, and more.

My so far first test was indoor on 30m. I tested each speed from low/min up to Max /.177-.22 with all pellets.

I did 3-4 shots between each settings allowing the Crown to stabilize.

It seems like heavier pellets needs more power to be accurate.

I did only test speed on the first pellet - JSB 8.44 On Max. hammer and .177 it shoots the pellets at around 970 fps

My first impression is a clear difference - the new superior liner is much less pellet fuzzy. 

With the superior liner it is possible to find a good speed for a lot more pellets.

And better on some pellets it has a wider speed range without ruining the accuracy.

Example the Exact and Qys are accurate over three hammerstroke settings (ex: A,B and C)

With my STX it would be accurate with Exact and QYS only (and the QYS only at around 900 fps +/- 15 fps)

The superior seems to allow +/- 100 fps and still being able to keep tight groups.

Some examples (The first target on the right i fired 3-4 shot to let the rifle ballance after changing the hammer stroke) I fired 3 shots in each target. some I stopped earlier because i saw it was consistand good. On the heavier pellets It opened up the groups as I reduced speed so i did not keep trying at lower speeds.

I used a bipod front and and a bean bag at the rear for support - Some of the rows i clicked on the scope to get the pellets closer to the target. 

I did only looked to compare the groupings not to bother about correcting for being on center.

And I am not a super accurate shooter - some fliers i admit to be on my shoulders.

QYS 9.56 Streamlined 9.50mm.1599483497.jpg
JSB Exact 8.44 - 4.53mm.1599483498.jpg
JSB Beast.1599483524.jpg
JSB Monster RD.1599483524.jpg
JSB Heavy 10.34 4.52 mm.1599483525.jpg

The STX Superior all viewed from the mussle end

FX superior liner .177 - 3.1599484145.jpg
FX superior liner .177 - 2.1599484146.jpg
FX Superior liner .177.1599484146.jpg