New FX Pocket Wireless Chronograph V2

I think the limiting factor is not in the app but with Bluetooth, a single channel to a single app at a time. And that is your phone or tablet BT limitation.
Honestly I never tried listening music with airbuds and shooting with the radar, but I tried running the wind meter and the radar parallel. If I swap from one app to another, what is on screen the strelok or the radar I had tor re initiate the BT which one to reconnect.
I understand that a question was if possible to connect two radars into one app,, I think that is more BT related in your phone.
The other thing how I did multiple "profiles", I have let say 6 liners, each recording different speeds in radar app, or in Strelok each of 6 liners a combination with 15 different projectiles have a separate "profile".

Last edited:
Reactions: SilentSquirrel
Instead on my cellphone screen I was using the Strelok Pro on a tablet, more pleasant layout for my 64 yo eyes.
Over last winter it was a project running adding external screens to the FX doppler radar, and that gave me an idea to make one for myself.
This gave me an extra convenience.
The bluetooth in droids at least is a single channel and always works with a current BT channel operating., would that be the radar, or - a weather meter in my case.
So I made it work for myself, external radar screen, and plug the wind indicator into Strelok on the tablet screen to show me the POA to POI relation.
My radar connected to a powerbank looks like this:

View attachment 388814

View attachment 388815
I was very impressed with everything that was involved in getting the weather meter screen to display the radar data.. kudos. I have a cheap chronograph that came with a wireless screen. Such a screen would have helped you more, I guess..

Last edited:
"if you take proper care of it"

tell that to my kids please hahahahaha ;)
Typicallymwhat I’ve found that destroys factory installed rechargeable like cordless power tools, dyson vacs, etc., is leaving them plugged in constantly.
My cordless dyson vac’s battery started showing signs of failure within the first year cause it was always on its charging cradle. I purchased an aftermarket battery and after 3 years it’s still running strong cause I always pull it off the cradle when charged.
Same with cordless power tools. Unless it is meant to have a trickle charge design, never leave it plugged in after it’s fully charged.

Reactions: Revoman
I got the new FX V2 chronograph today....it's pretty Awesome. I charged the battery and then put it on my Cricket 2 .22 to test it out and it read every shot with no problems, I really like it as I have been using an old shooting chrony that is over 25 years old....:)

IMG_5256.PNG

Typicallymwhat I’ve found that destroys factory installed rechargeable like cordless power tools, dyson vacs, etc., is leaving them plugged in constantly.
My cordless dyson vac’s battery started showing signs of failure within the first year cause it was always on its charging cradle. I purchased an aftermarket battery and after 3 years it’s still running strong cause I always pull it off the cradle when charged.
Same with cordless power tools. Unless it is meant to have a trickle charge design, never leave it plugged in after it’s fully charged.
TY, my wife has gone through 2 Dysons. Always charging

Reactions: maxtrouble
I got the new FX V2 chronograph today....it's pretty Awesome. I charged the battery and then put it on my Cricket 2 .22 to test it out and it read every shot with no problems, I really like it as I have been using an old shooting chrony that is over 25 years old....:)

View attachment 390615

How consistent is the FX V2? I have the FX V1 and it would not record any shots on Sunday. Picked up some lithium batteries to see if that solves my issues. Almost threw the damn thing off the deck Sunday. Took 25 shots to get two readings.

Make sure no echo from surrounding object, no shooting along the wall, and need some longer distance to read...
I was shooting off of a deck rail with the barrel of the rifle directly over the V1. I tried moving the rifle backwards and forwards over the V1 and increased elevation. Moved the barrel backwards and forwards, no consistent results. I will test the V1 with lithium batteries and see what happens. I am hard on stuff and I have had it for a couple of years.

The shiny object syndrome is at full force for most of us.

Those who are able to resist — can get a sweat deal at Trenier — he sells the Gen. 1, MK II for $150.
Linke below!

🤦🏻‍♂️ Can't say I wasn't tempted — but a month ago I bought a used one on the classifieds for a few bucks less....
Yupp, I need to sign up for another 12-step program, I think. The force of the just-get-more-stuff syndrom is strong.

Happy shopping, 😊

Matthias

🟠 Link

How consistent is the FX V2? I have the FX V1 and it would not record any shots on Sunday. Picked up some lithium batteries to see if that solves my issues. Almost threw the damn thing off the deck Sunday. Took 25 shots to get two readings.
I’ve used it several times now and it has worked perfect with no problems. My son in law used it the other day on his Bulldog .35 and it read every shot. I’m very happy with it and the battery life seems really good as I’ve only charged it when I first got it and the battery still reads in the 90’s. To me it was definitely worth it as I will probably never use my old chronograph again as long as this one keeps working….:)

Well I have to eat a little crow. I purchased the recommended batteries (Energizer Ultimate Lithium) for the V1 FX chronograph. Ran about a hundred shots over it and it picked up 99 of them. The one it did not pick up was probably my fault.

Reading the manual pays off. I left the V1 with the batteries installed to see if it will drain the batteries.

I have to admit that the FX V1 is a lot easier to tote around and use than my Caldwell.

the fx will work with bows and slingshots,and nerf guns lol

yes indoors,and in the dark too.

the big plus for me about the fx
is that you arent slaved to shooting in only one direction that has to be directly over the sensors of a regular chrono lol

i can be doing shot strings and have a starling land behind me,
and i can whip around and whack him and still get the velocity of that shot :cool:

night and day over traditional chronos
I HAD one of the originals and sold it because it wasn't working most of the time. But I liked the size and set up. Maybe this one will be ok?