New FX Pocket Wireless Chronograph V2

I am very happy with my version 1 FX chrono. Will I buy this one? Probably, and I’ll tell you why. If I’m testing on the bench, I mount the radar on a tripod or to the bottom of my rifle but not on the barrel. I built my own mount, it’s cheap and simple, but I can swap the radar to any of my rifles using the picatinny rail and it’s always been very close to spot on. With this one being as small as it is, it just might find a home on the rifle on hunting trips and the like which I haven’t been able to do with the first version because of its size. It’s just big enough that’s it’s too big to use in the field. I don’t think I would use it during NRL matches, but in the field, I think I would. Especially with this new size and probably weight. When shoot at live animals at very long ranges, every added bit of information makes for more accurate ballistics and simply better hits. I’ve never had an issue with weird speed numbers if it’s mounted to the gun, so I would t expect this one to be any different. Rechargeable batteries? Even better.

Andy

Reactions: Impact701
i will say this,
rechargeable non replaceable batteries do not make me warm and fuzzy,
eventually it will lose its ability to hold a charge,
just like every other non replaceable battery item in miscellaneous drawers throughout my house lol

now if it has a rechargeable "removable" battery,
then all is good lol
Would prefer replaceable rechargeable batteries. If not, then this is pretty much a paper weight in 5 or 6 years.

Reactions: HogKiller
5 or 6 years there will be way better options that will surpass this anyway. Just sayin
Well I'm a "if it ain't broke" type guy, and if it works well and serves it's purpose, I don't see a need to replace it if it's still working. I like things that are built to last and can be handed down rather than designed for obsolescence and landfill.

Well I'm a "if it ain't broke" type guy, and if it works well and serves it's purpose, I don't see a need to replace it if it's still working. I like things that are built to last and can be handed down rather than designed for obsolescence and landfill.
I completely understand that. I’m allot the same way. I’ll keep things going way too long. In my nature. But if or when they make the next one that is the size of a quarter or is built i to the shroud, I’ll probably upgrade with one of those to. Don’t get me wrong, I won’t sell the one I have, I’ll just figure out how to use it differently. Or keep it like a pet just in case the new one breaks. You know the how that goes.

Instead on my cellphone screen I was using the Strelok Pro on a tablet, more pleasant layout for my 64 yo eyes.
Over last winter it was a project running adding external screens to the FX doppler radar, and that gave me an idea to make one for myself.
This gave me an extra convenience.
The bluetooth in droids at least is a single channel and always works with a current BT channel operating., would that be the radar, or - a weather meter in my case.
So I made it work for myself, external radar screen, and plug the wind indicator into Strelok on the tablet screen to show me the POA to POI relation.
My radar connected to a powerbank looks like this:

20230316_124229.jpg

20230316_125201.jpg

Instead on my cellphone screen I was using the Strelok Pro on a tablet, more pleasant layout for my 64 yo eyes.
Over last winter it was a project running adding external screens to the FX doppler radar, and that gave me an idea to make one for myself.
This gave me an extra convenience.
The bluetooth in droids at least is a single channel and always works with a current BT channel operating., would that be the radar, or - a weather meter in my case.
So I made it work for myself, external radar screen, and plug the wind indicator into Strelok on the tablet screen to show me the POA to POI relation.
My radar connected to a powerbank looks like this:

View attachment 388814

View attachment 388815
Super interested in your project.
Need more info!

Super interested in your project.
Need more info!
I cannot take a full credit, couple coders were involved with several different scenarios (bords and screens). I only made my own design for 3d printing the housing of my choice.
You can brows through this same subforum (All Other Equipment) back in timestamp, I think the projects started about early Dec last year until maybe Feb-Mar.

I think it's cool but idk how often do you all chrono? I feel like maybe a few times a year I use my original one? Works good enough for what it is. But not worth the upgrade to me personally. But does seem like people are using chronos all the time and not sure why? Then again I'm past the tinkering stage of my airgunning. Once I'm setup that's it. No more unless something seems off. The pic rail adapter would be nice though

I think it's cool but idk how often do you all chrono? I feel like maybe a few times a year I use my original one? Works good enough for what it is. But not worth the upgrade to me personally. But does seem like people are using chronos all the time and not sure why? Then again I'm past the tinkering stage of my airgunning. Once I'm setup that's it. No more unless something seems off. The pic rail adapter would be nice though
I use mine whenever i get a new gun. It helps me set it up with strelok, figure out shot strings and reg settings. Then if I have an issue, I’ll break it out to test speed first. I wouldn’t say I use it often, but often enough it stays in my shooting bag, and goes with me when I take any of my guns out. I feel it’s one of those pieces of kit that’s invaluable in the pcp world. You need to have one, but don’t necessarily need to use it often if you have rugged working pcp’s, which you’re lucky to have. Im happy to say I haven’t chronied either of my evols since the first day I got them, and I feel the same is going to be true of my brk Ranger.

Does the FX Chrono V2 use a different phone app from the original version?
The reason I would like to know is to learn if it is possible to have 2 separate shooters, 2 separate rifles. side by side, one on the V-1 and one on the V-2. monitor shots at the same time.
Either on separate phone or the same phone running both aps

Thanks
Edward

Last edited: