fx mk1 vs v2.png

Specifications
Size (mm / inches)48 x 58 x 33 / 1.8 x 2.2 x 1.2
Weight76.2g / 2.69oz
InterfaceBluetooth
Smart AppiOS & Android
App NameFX Radar
Measurement TechDoppler Radar
Velocity Range91 - 382m/s (300 - 1250fps)
Power SourceInternal USB-C rechargeable battery

I always wondered how well these worked for the cost. I don’t think it’s worth replacing a regular chrono as I can use it for my bows, and other firearms. However, I believe these will work indoors is that right?
They're fantastic for most uses. No setup required and they pack easy. Now they fixed the biggest complaint and added a rechargeable battery which it should have had from the beginning.

That being said unless it does multi range like FX had hinted about a couple of years ago I'm not upgrading yet.

the fx will work with bows and slingshots,and nerf guns lol

yes indoors,and in the dark too.

the big plus for me about the fx
is that you arent slaved to shooting in only one direction that has to be directly over the sensors of a regular chrono lol

i can be doing shot strings and have a starling land behind me,
and i can whip around and whack him and still get the velocity of that shot :cool:

night and day over traditional chronos

i will say this,
rechargeable non replaceable batteries do not make me warm and fuzzy,
eventually it will lose its ability to hold a charge,
just like every other non replaceable battery item in miscellaneous drawers throughout my house lol

now if it has a rechargeable "removable" battery,
then all is good lol

Optics Planet $229.99

I bought the V2 about a month ago for $199 and its been terrific. My thinking is its already compact enough for me. Makes it easy to line up with my barrel. I find it's cumbersome and there is no need to attach it to the barrel to get results. I also worry that being so small and black its ripe to leave behind. Yikes.

Last edited:
the fx will work with bows and slingshots,and nerf guns lol

yes indoors,and in the dark too.

the big plus for me about the fx
is that you arent slaved to shooting in only one direction that has to be directly over the sensors of a regular chrono lol

i can be doing shot strings and have a starling land behind me,
and i can whip around and whack him and still get the velocity of that shot :cool:

night and day over traditional chronos
Ohh okay, yeah having the ability to pest and get data at the same time is an awesome feature! I do think its likely a better tool for an airgun no doubt it just can't handle the powder burners. To be honest I almost never chrono most of them as I do all my shooting under 300y anyways lol. I may look into one of these...

I need a new chrono. I was looking at the labradar and getting a pro chrono again but I am interested in the Fx one because setup is easy and quick. I think I would be fine with the older style and not the rechargeable one. Unless the newer model is more accurate. I never had an issue with my pro chrono reading but tripod blew over and it landed hard on concrete and never trusted it again. I would not mount it to my barrel but but it on the table below barrel. I guess they are constant enough

Imma have to disagree with almost all of you. More compact and internal rechargeable battery checks all my boxes. I’ve had the original for quite some time, and it’s never once let me down. Dying batteries is the only cause of “glitches” with mine. Having something rechargeable, or even add an external usb battery to it makes it even more versatile. If for one will be buying one.

Reactions: Traxx
but if the internal battery isnt replaceable,
eventually it will just be an interesting paperweight.

rechargeable batteries only have so many cycles they can do before losing the ability to hold a charge,
wouldn't be a huge deal if you could power it with a powerbank once it wouldn't hold a charge for long.
Tell that to electric car manufacturers. To be honest, being in battery technology, it takes a LOT of cycles to kill a Li battery if you take proper care of it.
Then after that, I’m sure there is either a manufacturer or aftermarket replacement battery. This is FX we’re talking about. I’ve never seen so many negative comments over an upgrade to an already cool toy. Do you all complain about batteries when you buy a new phone? Or power tool?