New FX Pocket Chronograph v2 OUT TODAY

The revolutionary pocket radar chronograph just got upgraded!

The original FX Chronograph changed airguns by providing the most important tool a modern shooter must have, in a compact, portable unit. Now FX Airguns is pleased to introduce the even smaller and improved FX Pocket Chronograph v2.

The v2 Pocket Chronograph is more pocket sized than ever at just under the size of a 2” cube. It now has an internal battery that is recharged through a USB-C cord. Multiple mounts are also included that allows the shooter to attach the chronograph to their rifle in multiple ways.

AGN1.jpg

The chronograph itself is a wireless radar-based chronograph. It communicates via Bluetooth to either your smart phone or the FX Chronograph Display (sold separately). The app (available for both iOS and Android) does more than just show the feet per second of the projectile. It allows users to store multiple rifle profiles, shows shot strings, standard deviations, extreme spreads and much more.

The chronograph itself can be used for more than just airguns. Any projectile traveling under 1250 FPS can be accurately measured. This includes subsonic rifles, pistols, CO2 air rifles, paintball and more.

AGN2.jpg

Since the FX Pocket Chronograph v2 uses radar technology, it will work in any weather conditions, even complete darkness. Unlike other chronographs, no external light sources are needed. Simply attach the chronograph, open the FX Radar app on your phone, and start shooting!

The FX Pocket Chronograph v2 is shipping to FX dealers and is available for purchase immediately.

AGN3.jpg

I certainly do NOT need it..........but I definitely WANT it! :unsure:
Thats exactly what i thought, also seeing as my M8 like a chrono too, but cant afford one, maybe i should get a little hand me down going.
I will contemplate that for the next 6 - 8 hours where i will toss and turn in bed not able to fall asleep as usual.

I am a little sad it do not have a replaceable battery, a 18350 battery are often around the 1300 mah as i recall, and i have a few as they are in my EDC flashlights.
But ! At least it have a USB charge plug, and a little power bank i also have.

Mind you i can shoot all day ( almost litterally ) with a fresh set of rechargeable AAA batteries in the old one. ( and i have 4 sets of batteries for it, and can charge 2 sets at the time,,,,, in just one of my chargers )

Huma also have it in stock.

Reactions: qball
The revolutionary pocket radar chronograph just got upgraded!
Does anyone know if it's possible to connect multiple chronos to the same phone/tablet? I have the old one and thinking about getting the new one, is it possible to connect both to my phone at the same time? So I can get readings from both so I can compare them?

I guess one option would be to get 2 of those chrono display units and connect 1 to each but that's expensive and feels like a waste of money.

Reactions: mjb206 and Mcleod
Their first one was junk. At least mine was. Hope this one is an improvement.
Had the same experience, depending on placement it would read different speeds if it read it at all. Called FX they said to delete the app and download it again, worked the same, never used it after that - undependable. After seeing the new chronos they came out with used the same app I deleted it again and downloaded the latest app. By god I think it's working dependably now, used with a Red Ryder and a 30 cal, but more testing needed.

Reactions: Moses888
Of course. But I usually have a battery bank in my truck. Honestly, I’d just like to know if it works while plugged in.
Frankly I already know what my speeds are so I'm not sweating that little detail. I do 'attempt' to use a battery pack with my TriggerCam, it'll generally last over an hour on 1080p, not recording but I can be out there for quite a while waiting for those pesky ground squirrels to pop up. Between my batter pack duct taped to the gun and my phone that thing is getting heavy. :)

Reactions: mjb206
The latest app has improved my FX chrono gen 1 ability to record shots. Noticed the app had changed this weekend and kept looking at the chrono out of the corner of my eye as it recorded my shots consistently. Before last weekend it would take me twenty or thirty shots to get a ten shot string. Sunday it only took twelve or fifteen shots to get a ten shot string recorded.

me trying to kill it putting a pellet through it
people / things tend to frown when you do that, so pretty nice.

My V1 PC some times dont want to record speeds, but i found that if i pay attention to the batteries in it, it generally record them all, the few misses it do have are quite fine, even for me a guy that are pretty anal with some / many things.

On a fresh set of rechargeable AAA batteries, ( not lithium ) well i can shoot for hours and by the end of it all it is more a matter of my phone running out of juice, it is for sure well under 30 % battery after such a session at the range. ( this probably due to my phone screen always being on 100 % brightness )

I have 4 sets of rechargeable AAA batteries, so no problem shooting several 1000 shots over a long weekend, and measuring the speed of every shot.
For sure a session like that, i will have scope eye for a while,,,,, i think when i shoot i forget to blink my Right aim eye.
FYI you do not want to go into a stare contest with me, i have freaked out many people with my rare blinking of the eyes.

Opposite a former politician here which in a 5 minute TV interview would blink her eyes more than i do in a whole day.

• Haha
Reactions: HogKiller