New FX Panthera

Will The Panthera not allow 300bar fill? The block reads 250bar?

The panthera could be nice dedicated slug gun allowing me to keep my m3 in short pellet config.

I was looking to get a grab n go rifle this coming year. But also considering to shoot some nrl. Panthera throws a wrench in my plans...lol

Probably wait for some reviews and use my m3 in a couple events to see if its something i like.

P.S. looking at the Panthera picture before reading/viewing info i was excited to think maybe fx was making a big bore larger game hunting rifle. I really wish they would!

Also I was super disappointed at the price.....This gun has to be cheaper to produce than even the wildcat mk3. Probably a deal breaker really.
We always price our guns with the same markup levels based on production. Keep in mind the Panthera has a lot more CNCd aluminum going on between the long front Arca rail and the rear system. And even things like having a die cut hard case rather than a egg crate hard case effects things.

We always price our guns with the same markup levels based on production. Keep in mind the Panthera has a lot more CNCd aluminum going on between the long front Arca rail and the rear system. And even things like having a die cut hard case rather than a egg crate hard case effects things.
Nice response. As FX you could of just said we're market leaders with a industry halo product and no other company is doing what we are.
As much as I like a company rep defending the price of a premium product i think we will just have to agree to disagree. There is way less assembly compared to the impact. Not to mention half the number of regs....lol

I am looking to use my impact for some local nrl22 contests to help justify its cost and some fun. But the M3 is a more versatile product which helps its high price. The panthera is a specialized niche item. If fx is looking to sway rimfire guys i think a 1500 price point would help. At 2k this is not a economical alternative to .22 rimfire for nrl.

Panthera's price kinda put the impact as its pcp competition and the m3 is a bettter value giving its more modular platform.

2k gets you a nice competitive .22 lr competition gun.
FX's marketing and apple like product value will sell some units. I like the guns looks and specs but personally couldn't justify the purchase having a m3 already.

That said i might be willing to splurge a year or so from now when the mk2 or 3 improvements roll out. I dont always make rational purchasing decisions afterall...lol

What about the 300bar fill by the way?

:) Mind you giving us a secret where you are refilling to 300 bars?
I am cooling my scba and re-running the very last 4000+ psi like four times over an hour of wrestling to squeeze in the very last atoms of air and still when cools down not more then 280 bars. And btw my scba is a large 140cc tank, these easier to fill then any smaller bottles.

Reactions: dgeesaman
Nice response. As FX you could of just said we're market leaders with a industry halo product and no other company is doing what we are.
As much as I like a company rep defending the price of a premium product i think we will just have to agree to disagree. There is way less assembly compared to the impact. Not to mention half the number of regs....lol

I am looking to use my impact for some local nrl22 contests to help justify its cost and some fun. But the M3 is a more versatile product which helps its high price. The panthera is a specialized niche item. If fx is looking to sway rimfire guys i think a 1500 price point would help. At 2k this is not a economical alternative to .22 rimfire for nrl.

Panthera's price kinda put the impact as its pcp competition and the m3 is a bettter value giving its more modular platform.

2k gets you a nice competitive .22 lr competition gun.
FX's marketing and apple like product value will sell some units. I like the guns looks and specs but personally couldn't justify the purchase having a m3 already.

That said i might be willing to splurge a year or so from now when the mk2 or 3 improvements roll out. I dont always make rational purchasing decisions afterall...lol

I guess you missed the factory tour. 2k seems pretty reasonable for the quality and innovation they keep bringing to the table. I mean, everyone on AGN is an engineer and surely can do better right?

Will The Panthera not allow 300bar fill? The block reads 250bar?

The panthera could be nice dedicated slug gun allowing me to keep my m3 in short pellet config.

I was looking to get a grab n go rifle this coming year. But also considering to shoot some nrl. Panthera throws a wrench in my plans...lol

Probably wait for some reviews and use my m3 in a couple events to see if its something i like.

P.S. looking at the Panthera picture before reading/viewing info i was excited to think maybe fx was making a big bore larger game hunting rifle. I really wish they would!

Also I was super disappointed at the price.....This gun has to be cheaper to produce than even the wildcat mk3. Probably a deal breaker really.

Not really a grab and go walking hunting rifle, look how long it is , 500mm version in the video
People should really just take it for what it is , a purpose built competition rifle.

Reactions: 450BM and frank320
Not really a grab and go walking hunting rifle, look how long it is , 500mm version in the video
People should really just take it for what it is , a purpose built competition rifle.
Agree. I have no idea why so many folks are excited about Panthera as a hunting rifle. It is supposed to be a PRS style rifle. I have a couple of PRS rifles, powder burners, and believe me, you don't want to bring them "hunting", unless your definition of a hunt is sitting in a blind and waiting.

Agree. I have no idea why so many folks are excited about Panthera as a hunting rifle. It is supposed to be a PRS style rifle. I have a couple of PRS rifles, powder burners, and believe me, you don't want to bring them "hunting", unless your definition of a hunt is sitting in a blind and waiting.
I get it, its the new craze, the next best thing. Its how humans are, there are just SOOOO many better options out there for the guys saying they want this to hunt with.

Reactions: frank320
I guess you missed the factory tour. 2k seems pretty reasonable for the quality and innovation they keep bringing to the table. I mean, everyone on AGN is an engineer and surely can do better right?
Ive watched several factory tours on the tube.

While not a engineer i have worked at a company that used cnc both in-house and from outside companies. This company used several custom alloys and basically peices were matched with an air micrometer for tightest of tolerences. I know for a fact that labor involved in tight tolerance high precision assembly can stack up beyond BOM.

I did mention FX's innovation and industry leadership. I own a M3.

Owning an fx rifle lead me to discover the difference between their marketing and their actual product value is all.

The Panthera is cheaper to produce than other fx rifles. Im sure of it. Their marketing and influencers will gain them the extra value. Hell i might still acquire one in a year or so.

Your right. On both points.

But its possible to think its a lil overpriced for what it is.

I am considering another pcp for lower power pellet shooting to keep my m3 tuned for slugs. If the panthera was cheaper i could make it a high power slug gun and duel tune a non maxed out m3 config for pellets and light weight slugs in a compact config.

I like to shoot slugs. I also like to shoot pellets.

My m3 setup for slugs is longer and heavier than when in pellet config.not to mention the higher std dv and spread when tuned for power.

A long range high power slug gun could be a nice to have at the right price.

Again i own a fx m3. I know fx has been innovating for years in the pcp market. Doesnt mean their not using their market leadership to get extra margin. Its kinda what companies do....lol

I bought a fx m3 because i knew id like to tinker and experiment and it had the performance range for several use cases. That justified the premium price for me. The panthera is limited.

In my profile pic is a purpose built reel. Its a baitcaster that can cast sub 1/8th with ease. Im no stranger to products with limited use cases. But jdm bfs (bait finesse system) reels have maintained a reasable steady price over the years. This has allowed me to acquire several combos with specific use cases.

I am a fx fan guys. Just not a fx fanboy.

You mean that quality and innovation of 18y old kid trying to straighten bent liners in clocking press and fx selling them as precision barrels 😁?

:) Mind you giving us a secret where you are refilling to 300 bars?
I am cooling my scba and re-running the very last 4000+ psi like four times over an hour of wrestling to squeeze in the very last atoms of air and still when cools down not more then 280 bars. And btw my scba is a large 140cc tank, these easier to fill then any smaller bottles.
I use a yung heng and a gx-e-cs3.

The gx fills my 480cc bottle in rnd 10 mins from 160ish bar. its slower fill time dont lead to much heat so not barley any drop off upon cooling.
The yong fills my 700cc bottle from 160ish bar to 300 in a few mins but does do so with more heat. there is some loss upon cooling but not 20 bar. when i take my gun to shoot at a buddies i just let it cool a lil n top it off before i leave to give plenty of shots away from my air source. I dont worry bout being completely full at my house. even then its good for 3 mags (.22) of high power shots(700cc)

My 300cc tank is the og fx 250bar tank. Not sure if there would be enough extra shots with a 300bar 300cc tank to bother with it....was hoping fx would chime in on that. Im thinking without the step dwn reg that it might lead to more ware and or larger spread/deviation for the panthera.

Utah Air already put an AirMarksman 300cc 300bar on it and filled it to 300 bar. There is some advanced tech on this rifle and I'm sure it will carry over to other platforms in time.
Really? i watched the utah vid and didnt see anything about a 300bar fill? It does say 250bar max fill on the rifle is why i was wondering.

Really ?

The 500 is 38" the 600 is 43" I take them two for hunting thick bush/jungle on foot where shot opportunity can be between 8 yards to 40 + yards and appear fast over a Pup anyday,.....in .30 cal 110 FPE and 130 FPE yes give to me ;)