• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New FX Panthera

I like it ! .....best FX I've seen in a long time, finally not a Pup, big power, perfect hunting gun, no need for a big shot count, barrel band, lower cheek rest for lower scope, yup I like it.......maybe a smaller magazine to get the scope even lower ?
There's a competition mini-mag that will allow for even lower rings for the scope. With the plenum around the barrel the shroud is fairly stout like a bull barrel. So if you look at the pictures, a 50mm Nexus is still right there by the plenum/barrel. With medium rings you can use a 44mm and get the scope closer.

To the point that someone brought up about selling accessories. FX's approach has always been get you the basic rifle and keep the cost low, and then you can decide if you want any accessories for it based on your style of shooting. Why would we ship with a bag rider, weights, picatinny accessory rails and the competition mags and the corresponding higher price point if you don't need them? That I could see complaining about :)

I'm being direct but some people we just can't make happy either way - you know who you are ;)

There's a competition mini-mag that will allow for even lower rings for the scope. With the plenum around the barrel the shroud is fairly stout like a bull barrel. So if you look at the pictures, a 50mm Nexus is still right there by the plenum/barrel. With medium rings you can use a 44mm and get the scope closer.

To the point that someone brought up about selling accessories. FX's approach has always been get you the basic rifle and keep the cost low, and then you can decide if you want any accessories for it based on your style of shooting. Why would we ship with a bag rider, weights, picatinny accessory rails and the competition mags and the corresponding higher price point if you don't need them? That I could see complaining about :)

I'm being direct but some people we just can't make happy either way - you know who you are ;)
Perfect, the smaller magazine would indeed make it the perfect hunter for my hunting applications, absolutely love the tank in the back I've been a converted hunter to that system.

The combination of super stiff barrel/shroud/barrel band is a huge plus IMO,..huge.

Reactions: tibor
i am a bit confused here. I have an Impact MK2 and in the market for an additional Impact and saw the Panthera. Did FX mention anywhere why the Panthera might be more accurate than the Impact? One can still use the Impact for PRS style shooting, no?

So the Panthera is an FX Crown with the bottle moved backwards and the plenum moved forward? So other than the Panthera having better central balance, does the Panthera provide any additional advantage over the Impact?
Watch the videos. Most of them talk about these very questions. If you have ever tried to shoot an Impact in a PRS match or thru barricades the shorter stance will immediately jump out as one of the biggest advantages of this setup. different tools for different jobs.

Also, definitely not a Crown with this stuff barrel system!

Reactions: countymm and qball
sooooo did FX partner with MDT?

the chassis weights in some of the pics and vids have the MDT logo, and the chassis forearm looks a lot like some of the MDT forearms on their chassis systems.

ok, 1900ish for the gun, gotta get Baker wings and chassis wieghts, stock up on 22 cal slugs (can you shoot slugs in NRL22?).... suddenly not so inexpensive.... oh man you guys are killing me

For all those with tethering question like me, the foster fitting can be swapped with the plug on the action in circle.
Image 12-7-22 at 2.21 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
I see a LOT of Impacts in classified as-I-write...:LOL
Near as I can tell two completely different guns. Yeah the gotta have the newest gun folks will jump on this without hesitation.
The only thing I can see is the block may pave the way to replace some of the other operating systems in the line.
Being an FX guy the gun is interesting but has no appeal for what I use my Airguns for

Reactions: 450BM
@TitanRebel

Why do you think they are using .22? Seems like most of what Matt and Ted use is .22 while everyone else doing long range stuff is using .25 or .30. Is there a BC advantage the long 40gr. slug in .22?

-Matt is from South Africa and i believe the largest caliber they allow in Airguns is 22cal. So he’s spent a lot of time perfecting that ammo.

-And Id guess they sent out a majority of the Pantheras in .22cals because they’ve specifically made it to compete in PRS .22 matches.

-Really you have way more slug choices in .22 anyway.

-I talked with the Utah guys because I have a .22 M3 and was thinking about going for a Panthera in .30 for long range. They steered me right back to .22 though.

Will The Panthera not allow 300bar fill? The block reads 250bar?

The panthera could be nice dedicated slug gun allowing me to keep my m3 in short pellet config.

I was looking to get a grab n go rifle this coming year. But also considering to shoot some nrl. Panthera throws a wrench in my plans...lol

Probably wait for some reviews and use my m3 in a couple events to see if its something i like.

P.S. looking at the Panthera picture before reading/viewing info i was excited to think maybe fx was making a big bore larger game hunting rifle. I really wish they would!

Also I was super disappointed at the price.....This gun has to be cheaper to produce than even the wildcat mk3. Probably a deal breaker really.

Last edited: