New FX Panthera

@FX-USA

Saw that and I totally get why you guys designed it that way. Just need to get use to the idea of fill port/tether hose is right there by my face and the hose is kinda in the way. Manageable for sure, possibly better with a 90 degree adapter. It certainly fit the bill for my quest of high powered free floating barrel slugger platform.

.........who am I kidding, I most likely will end up with one but the question is when. 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FX-USA
Long range ?
I may have a good use for one at my 200-300 meters BR.
I don't see where is a filling port? I am expecting something similar to Leshiy2? For tethering...
IG-Rear-Air-Source.jpeg

@FX-USA

Saw that and I totally get why you guys designed it that way. Just need to get use to the idea of fill port/tether hose is right there by my face and the hose is kinda in the way. Manageable for sure, possibly better with a 90 degree adapter. It certainly fit the bill for my quest of high powered free floating barrel lugger platform.

.........who am I kidding, I most likely will end up with one but the question is when. :ROFLMAO:
Misunderstood your comment. Actually the fill port can be moved to under the breech like how it is on the Impact as well. Though a angled adapter would make that tethering spot easier.

Check out Matt's video, he explains how there's a plug under the breech that can be swapped with the rear fill port point to suit what the shooter desires.

Reactions: qball
Panthera - Having the extra weight up front and the balance where it is with the proper amount of weights make ALL the difference for NRL22 matches.

Here's one example as to how important weight and balance are - So much so that only 4 years ago I would win quite a bit in these types of matches with my lightweight Anschutz 1827F 22rf but a friend bought a Vudoo with a MPA chassis, he put weights up front making it weigh 20 pounds, balancing the gun, and my gun was all of a sudden antiquated for this sport as far as winning, LOL!

When I tried his set up after the match(he won BTW) I found that it sits balanced on tactical bags on an obstacle nearly perfectly steady whereas I had 3 times the amount of wobble zone. Ha, the writing was on the wall, I conceded and quit going. 🙃

I was getting old anyway and decided I didn't want to go down this road (buying basically the same set up as he did) by that point in my life.

This FX will excel at its intended purpose.

Yeah it's in the same position.
That can work for tethering.
With L2 is a problem with a fill port is that the stock-action folds out away and the tethering becomes an extra thing to take special care.
I think I luv the Panthera already.
Last winter it was a real tinkering project converting my MK2 to shooting slugs, and after a entire season of shooting 5-6K just recently I decided transferring all the parts back to shooting pellets.... I can see now that I can welcome a new gun that was specifically designed for slugs long ranges.

Misunderstood your comment. Actually the fill port can be moved to under the breech like how it is on the Impact as well. Though a angled adapter would make that tethering spot easier.

Check out Matt's video, he explains how there's a plug under the breech that can be swapped with the rear fill port point to suit what the shooter desires.

Took a while to find that tiny mention in the video, the breech/action tether option is AWESOME!

Damn it! I don't "need" another gun, I don't "need" another gun, I don't "need" another gun............
AdmiredLittleBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FX-USA
I truly admire fx engineering, and this platform is no different. A long time ago I swore I wouldn’t ever own an impact and now I own two. The engineering of how it all comes together/functions fascinates me, so in time I’ll be getting one of these so I can check out the innards.I just have to know.

Maybe it’s just me, but I can see how from one platform to the next changes are made as they learn what works and what doesn’t, and at the same time rather than copy ideas from another manufacturer they come up with their own. Plenum surrounding the barrel? Genius.

It’ll also allow me to compete in one more event at RMAC, the slug bench rest. If my 26 year old son would only quit chasing girls and leave the duck hunting for a bit, maybe I can get him to compete in the PRS events and this’ll be his platform

Reactions: 450BM and qball
I'd appreciate it if FX or maybe UAG could explain the benefits or not of the 600mm vs the 700mm barrels, and also the .22 vs .25 caliber? If I were going to shoot NRL-22, would the .25 in 600mm be best, or .22 in 700mm, questions like that? It would help shooters decide which is best for them, and why.

i am a bit confused here. I have an Impact MK2 and in the market for an additional Impact and saw the Panthera. Did FX mention anywhere why the Panthera might be more accurate than the Impact? One can still use the Impact for PRS style shooting, no?

So the Panthera is an FX Crown with the bottle moved backwards and the plenum moved forward? So other than the Panthera having better central balance, does the Panthera provide any additional advantage over the Impact?

Last edited:
...going to shoot NRL-22, would the .25 in 600mm be best, or .22 in 700mm... and why.
Why?
Because in my gunclub, the NRL-22 range is for shooting with .22 rimfire only (and no .22 Magnum for example).
This was called to my attention couple weeks ago when I was shooting my .25 Impact at that range.
It has nothing to do with KE what the .25 pellet or slug can produce on target vs the rimfire POI, but the grammar how the Law (Firearms Officer) and Insurance interprets .25 vs .22.
So, if I wanna keep shooting my .25 Impact at the NRL22 range I shall ask the board to revise the books, saying whatever airgun in calibre......can shoot ...
This is my story, your may differ.

Reactions: 450BM and qball