• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New FX Panthera

Looks like it has enough gizmos to keep even the most rabid FX fan in tinkering heaven!
It's not as adustable as an IMPACT. Consider it a dragster. You can go VERY FAST, but not a commuter vehicle.
In the same way, the PANTHER will be a BEAST of a slug gun, but not a pellet rifle, unless you opt for the 500mm. Then it will shoot light slugs and pellets. The 600mm & 700mm will be the dragster versions.
It is specifically designed, as our videos point out.

Last edited:
Just watched the video, it does nothing for me. Too long, no room for a larger air bottle, I have no need for a 300 yard air rifle and thought it was an ugly rifle. All my opinion of course, I still love my Impact.

Ted might have had 3 or 4 “hits” in a row but I don’t think the hits were the targets he was aiming at. Whatever, it’s marketing, I get it and I still don’t like the rifle. And yes, I was wrong about the first video, I didn’t expect a new rifle.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Interesting, I like the design and looks like a good hunting rig but the small bottle is questionable. Then the stock isn’t foldable so the gun is long, looks like their version of high power big bore gun.

I do not have itch on my fingers on this one.

Edit: well, I’m a clear failure on the itchy finger part. FX crack is simply terrible!

Last edited:
Reactions: 450BM
PRS only requires a handful of shots per relay. I haven’t done an rimfire PRS yet but in centerfire it’s an max of 12. Also keeps the bottle out of the forearm, which PRS shooters bang around for hasty rest stances. So that emphasizes “purpose built for PRS”.

Muzzle jump is useful but we’re talking low power already. I can’t imagine a 22LR being jumpy and making shots hard to spot in the scope. However clean quick cocking is useful for speed, much like a Fortner action.

The Pantera might be interesting for other disciplines or ballistic performance alone but nothing is jumping out at me. ETA: it does seem ideal for hunting.

Spot on dgeesaman!

Reactions: qball
I'm right there with you on this one. Just doesn't do it for my kind of shooting. Definitely a more specialized gun from FX as compared to their other guns. And it immediately reminds me of a Katran for some reason.

After watching some videos I do like some of the features and fits my range shooting style ok. Definitely going to wait for the V2 version though as I can see a few areas of improvements already. Like the design, power, free floating barrel but really don't like the rear bottle implementation as it is in the way of tethering. I'm ok with small bottle with low shot counts for hunting but I go through a box of slugs a range session easy so small bottle plus no tethering is bother some. I don't shoot PRS nor interested in PRS so guess I'm not their target market. PRS market is HUGE in PB world so guess they are really gunning for the PB crowd.

EDIT: Looking at pictures more, a 90 degree adapter tethering might be possible but probably still not ideal. Think I'll be more interested if it had a front bottle version. Maybe next crown slugger in chassis with folding stock? I'll be all over that!

Last edited:
Is that an actual price or a guess?
It looks like a Gun I'd pony up for.
I can get 200+ yards out my back door.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 8.04.20 AM.png

Very reasonably priced!

After watching some videos I do like some of the features and fits my range shooting style ok. Definitely going to wait for the V2 version though as I can see a few areas of improvements already. Like the design, power, free floating barrel but really don't like the rear bottle implementation as it is in the way of tethering. I'm ok with small bottle with low shot counts for hunting but I go through a box of slugs a range session easy so small bottle plus no tethering is bother some. I don't shoot PRS nor interested in PRS so guess I'm not their target market. PRS market is HUGE in PB world so guess they are really gunning for the PB crowd.
Foster QD is at the back behind the bottle on the rear stock so you can tether at a bench if you'd like. We purposely placed it there for that reason ;)

Here's a closer look, the dust cover cap is on but it's right behind the bottle, between the two length of pull adjustment knobs

IG-Rear-Air-Source.jpg

Last edited: