• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New FX Panthera

Really? what did you see? Did you see any impact on the animals immediately after shot placement? did you see very nimble shouldering and handling of such a long rifle? did you not hear the ricochets ?
Yes, really. My likes or dislikes aren’t based on your impressions.

Really ?

The 500 is 38" the 600 is 43" I take them two for hunting thick bush/jungle on foot where shot opportunity can be between 8 yards to 40 + yards and appear fast over a Pup anyday,.....in .30 cal 110 FPE and 130 FPE yes give to me ;)
Ho yeah, I will never buy this gun price tag is way to steep for me.....but I tell you if I had the chance to use it for hunting I would give you a glimpse of how much better then a Pup it would be on the ground walking in thick Bush/Jungle enviroment

Best thing about this new rig, all these barefoot boys can screw off the moderator, and clean the floors so they dont get a sticker.

1670609171210.png

Right away people who buy this gun are going to want a bigger bottle tank. But wait a minute. The grip and trigger are in the way. Oh, no problem says FX. We'll sell you a right angle pipe so you can add bigger bottles that point down. If you don't like that idea, FX will sell you a custom grip and trigger assembly that is offset 8 inches to the side to get it out of the way of the bigger bottle. They will brag about the new grip and trigger being available for both right-handed and left-handed people.

Un-frickin' believable that FX still hasn't figured out how to properly machine a 20 MOA rail for the Maverick, but yet they are moving on now to newer designs with both innovation and stupidity built right in.

I own an FX Maverick 30 caliber sniper and I'm OK with it now that I've fixed it up. FX is their own worst enemy.

grungy

Right away people who buy this gun are going to want a bigger bottle tank. But wait a minute. The grip and trigger are in the way. Oh, no problem says FX. We'll sell you a right angle pipe so you can add bigger bottles that point down. If you don't like that idea, FX will sell you a custom grip and trigger assembly that is offset 8 inches to the side to get it out of the way of the bigger bottle. They will brag about the new grip and trigger being available for both right-handed and left-handed people.

Un-frickin' believable that FX still hasn't figured out how to properly machine a 20 MOA rail for the Maverick, but yet they are moving on now to newer designs with both innovation and stupidity built right in.

I own an FX Maverick 30 caliber sniper and I'm OK with it now that I've fixed it up. FX is their own worst enemy.

grungy
Hi grungy. I am not answering to "Come to the rescue" of the Panthera, just offer my thoughts.
Sounds like an Impact, Crown, etc. are more of what you would use/want (if you were to purchase or already own an FX) than a Panthera. I probably don't need to go through that while the Impact is designed to shoot .177 light pellets all the way up to .35 slugs. and offer many shots, the Panthera is designed specifically for one job, and one job only. Compete with and shoot better than .22LR in PRS competition.

In order to do so,
1) the bottle can't be in the front (needs to be able to be shot off bags, in tight areas ie. windows, etc.).
2) The rifle only needs to make typically 10-12 shots per session, so a small 300cc bottle is adequate, as is the number of shots the Panthera offers.

With that said, many will like an "Out of the box" slug shooting beast for hunting, etc..
Will I be offering custom made accessories to double and triple the shot count? OF COURSE! I already have 300 Bar Bottles in stock for it that will increase hots over 50%.

People will always tweak something to their liking, customizing it as they wish, and I'll be offering the parts to do so.
Have a great Christmas season,
Joe Brancato owner of www.TopGun-Airgun.com

Reactions: tibor and qball
I'd like to say to anyone new to the airgun scene, that if you think you are going to buy a Panthera, or an Impact or any other $2k+ rig, and go right out and shoot coke cans at 200-300 yards, you are going to be seriously disappointed. FX in particular has done a marvelous job, with Ted, Matt, Rolf, Gerhard, spearheading the hype, of creating unrealistic expectations for people who don't know any better.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Hi grungy. I am not answering to "Come to the rescue" of the Panthera, just offer my thoughts.
Sounds like an Impact, Crown, etc. are more of what you would use/want (if you were to purchase or already own an FX) than a Panthera. I probably don't need to go through that while the Impact is designed to shoot .177 light pellets all the way up to .35 slugs. and offer many shots, the Panthera is designed specifically for one job, and one job only. Compete with and shoot better than .22LR in PRS competition.

In order to do so,
1) the bottle can't be in the front (needs to be able to be shot off bags, in tight areas ie. windows, etc.).
2) The rifle only needs to make typically 10-12 shots per session, so a small 300cc bottle is adequate, as is the number of shots the Panthera offers.

With that said, many will like an "Out of the box" slug shooting beast for hunting, etc..
Will I be offering custom made accessories to double and triple the shot count? OF COURSE! I already have 300 Bar Bottles in stock for it that will increase hots over 50%.

People will always tweak something to their liking, customizing it as they wish, and I'll be offering the parts to do so.
Have a great Christmas season,
Joe Brancato owner of www.TopGun-Airgun.com
Hi Joe and all. I had a misplaced bit of a mini-rant moment there. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to put down this particular rifle. My flip-out moment was really more about how FX (to me) seems to think things through about 90% of the way and then drops the ball on the little all-important details before rushing new products out the door. I could point out lots of specific details about other FX products to illustrate my point, but none of that belongs in this particular thread. If it wasn't for you and other 3rd party folks providing products that put the needed final touches on FX designs, then I think FX would be ...hmmm less. Owners of FX products appreciate you and other 3rd party providers perhaps more than you know.

grungy

Ive watched several factory tours on the tube.

While not a engineer i have worked at a company that used cnc both in-house and from outside companies. This company used several custom alloys and basically peices were matched with an air micrometer for tightest of tolerences. I know for a fact that labor involved in tight tolerance high precision assembly can stack up beyond BOM.

I did mention FX's innovation and industry leadership. I own a M3.

Owning an fx rifle lead me to discover the difference between their marketing and their actual product value is all.

The Panthera is cheaper to produce than other fx rifles. Im sure of it. Their marketing and influencers will gain them the extra value. Hell i might still acquire one in a year or so.
I guess you don't remember when a Verminator cost $1800 for the base model. That was years ago before all the inflation. $2k for a pretty high end gun being flown over a ocean to get here. What other FX rifle is cheaper to produce?

Reactions: qball
I thought 1800 was the whole kit? anyrate fx has always been high price wise. whos to say the 2k price for verminator was justified back then dude....lol To my knowledge there wasnt another gun that broke down with adjustable power and offered barrel change at the time..sooooo kinda goes to my point. When u offer a product that no one else does u get to charge a premium.

FX has increased their manufacturing capacity a good bit since then. Yet! availability is still crap for their products....this is by design partly, to keep prices and margins high. Which they have earned by being innovative and producing a quality product with a great warranty. But their is going to far also.

Look. If you want to keep paying higher prices for fx then by all means have it huas. I will look to acquire fx products used or otherwise discounted from here on out .

My argument is the panthera is over priced. the m3 is in another class so its 2k price is almost justified. Not only is the m3 capable of slinging slugs and can be tuned and rigged for anything from light weight pellets in .177 to .30 cal slugs. it is capable of shooting everything in this range at competition level. The Panthera will only excel at sluggs. and with its lenght even the 500mm option will have a better handleing alternitive for hunting.

besides the valving which by the way would be manufactured in the same facilities with existing processes, there isnt much new. the form factor requires less in the way of manufacturing and labor overall. the over the barrel plenum isnt much different than what a Chinese company did with a aircylinder years back. For way less monies also...lol

For 2k i can put together a awesome complete 22lr for nrl22. @2k fx just gets me a gun with no other chassis option because of how its made. so even for intended purpose its a more expensive option.

Guys. FX dont need you to defend them...lol their a successful company . I Have a hard time believing people are defending high prices...lol Which shows how successful fx marketing is.

I respect fx as a company. I like their products. I just think some of them are over priced. I could be wrong. I could change my mind. If fx could send me the b.o.m. and labor percentages including r n d that could put this matter to rest...lol

P.S. FX has incorperated their R n D into their marketing with youtube influencers so r n d may be a net gain! lol

Dont hate the player hate the game...lol

P.P.S. over 50 percent of inflation has been due to record high corporate profits! FYI ...another reason not to defend large successful companies!

Last edited:
I thought 1800 was the whole kit? anyrate fx has always been high price wise. whos to say the 2k price for verminator was justified back then dude....lol To my knowledge there wasnt another gun that broke down with adjustable power and offered barrel change at the time..sooooo kinda goes to my point. When u offer a product that no one else does u get to charge a premium.

FX has increased their manufacturing capacity a good bit since then. Yet! availability is still crap for their products....this is by design partly, to keep prices and margins high. Which they have earned by being innovative and producing a quality product with a great warranty. But their is going to far also.

Look. If you want to keep paying higher prices for fx then by all means have it huas. I will look to acquire fx products used or otherwise discounted from here on out .

My argument is the panthera is over priced. the m3 is in another class so its 2k price is almost justified. Not only is the m3 capable of slinging slugs and can be tuned and rigged for anything from light weight pellets in .177 to .30 cal slugs. it is capable of shooting everything in this range at competition level. The Panthera will only excel at sluggs. and with its lenght even the 500mm option will have a better handleing alternitive for hunting.

besides the valving which by the way would be manufactured in the same facilities with existing processes, there isnt much new. the form factor requires less in the way of manufacturing and labor overall. the over the barrel plenum isnt much different than what a Chinese company did with a aircylinder years back. For way less monies also...lol

For 2k i can put together a awesome complete 22lr for nrl22. @2k fx just gets me a gun with no other chassis option because of how its made. so even for intended purpose its a more expensive option.

Guys. FX dont need you to defend them...lol their a successful company . I Have a hard time believing people are defending high prices...lol Which shows how successful fx marketing is.

I respect fx as a company. I like their products. I just think some of them are over priced. I could be wrong. I could change my mind. If fx could send me the b.o.m. and labor percentages including r n d that could put this matter to rest...lol

P.S. FX has incorperated their R n D into their marketing with youtube influencers so r n d may be a net gain! lol

Dont hate the player hate the game...lol

P.P.S. over 50 percent of inflation has been due to record high corporate profits! FYI ...another reason not to defend large successful companies!
So how much do you think they should be sold for?

So how much do you think they should be sold for?
As A consumer i think 19.99 would be swell...lol

Seriously though...without knowing fx company metrics it be hard to say. but given what other products they made and have been sold at id say 1700 for the 700mm and 50 dollar price decrease between the shorter barrels.

FX boggles my mind a lil. Their clearly ahead of the game technologically/marketing over everyone besides daystate whom are even more expensive. (and maybe not as practical) But market distribution over the last 5 years may have shrunk do to the expanding market and availability of cheaper pcps. Super superior brand but they price themselves out of a bigger market share.

If it was me. id adjust their whole product stack. FX's segmentation has become muddied over the last few years. Partly do to them trickling down improvements in design to lower teir items. which is a good thing but makes some their products redundant and relative lesser value per performance.

Id start by making the streamline 7 or 8 hundos and work prices and margin up from there. this would help them gain customers whom otherwise would look somewhere else.

I compared FX to nvidia in an earlier post. Nvidia is generation ahead of their closest competitor. They own 80+ percent of the gpu market do their marketing and superior product while demanding higher prices all the way down their stack. Their product line goes lower down the price tree than fx however.

FX need a 5 to 600 dollar gun. How many streamlines would sell at 600 bucks? Even if its sold with low margins/at cost it will pay off long term. dont underestimate the value of brand loyalty. as discourse in this thread demonstrates :)

I have a feeling they dont have the manufacturing capabilities for worldwide domination. Maybe a expansion to USA? Hell skilled labor here even at nice compensation would be lower than their home.

And honestly while being a supervisor and in management for decades i still maintain a pro worker attitude. If lower priced fx meant screwing over employees i say keep things as is!

They could be happy with being a boutique company. There is something to be said for the low volume high margin model.