• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New FX Panthera

Seems like a very long air gun.
It is designed to be a BEAST out of the box with slugs. Specifically for PRS (Precision Rifle Shooting).
We have 2 videos coming out this morning. We are editing at this very minute, and uploading in a few minutes (probably by the time you read this). One is a short announcement with general info, the second will have more details. A third video will be a comparison to the Impact showing where each rifle has its own strengths, so be sure to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to our channel.

It comes in various lengths. But the Panthera can launch a .22 x 40 gain slug at 1040 f/s (96 FPE) and ........welll, just watch our videos on it. We are editing at this very minute, and uploading in a few minutes. Keep checking our channel for further details on length, FPE, comparisons (better yet hit that notification bell to know when we upload).

This really does beg the question: Is this the new gold standard for PCP's? Will it be the NEW #1 rifle?
Watch our videos (we have 2 coming out this morning) and answer that for yourself.
If you have any further questions, want to order, etc., call us at 714-907-0067. We'll have these in time for Christmas!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: igolfat8
A beast with a 300cc bottle? Sounds like a bodybuilder with a micro-penis…
PRS only requires a handful of shots per relay. I haven’t done an rimfire PRS yet but in centerfire it’s an max of 12. Also keeps the bottle out of the forearm, which PRS shooters bang around for hasty rest stances. So that emphasizes “purpose built for PRS”.

Muzzle jump is useful but we’re talking low power already. I can’t imagine a 22LR being jumpy and making shots hard to spot in the scope. However clean quick cocking is useful for speed, much like a Fortner action.

The Pantera might be interesting for other disciplines or ballistic performance alone but nothing is jumping out at me. ETA: it does seem ideal for hunting.

Last edited:
Maybe we will see a new block for the Crown? This will reduce having so many different fabrication parts in their inventory.
I have a Crown arriving today. I value high power and I feel like it’s already a bit behind. I would love to have that kind option. For now I’ll have to ‘make do’ with a box of Huma upgrade parts.

David

Looks like FX boosted the power for sure. The .30 in 700mm can hit 150ft/lbs which is close to the .35. Glad they are pushing the needle but curious as to why they ditched the double regulators
The second reg on our other rifles allows the rifle to be tuned either lower power ranges for standard pellets, or opened up for the power needed for slugs. Since the Panthera is built to use slugs (pairing the plenum size, to valving, to reg pressures, etc) there's no need to pre-reduce the air as the rifle is focused on the high power air flow needed for slugs.

The Panthera 500 for instance is geared more towards pellets and light weight slugs, but also has a smaller plenum and thus the single regulator still works.

Make sense?