New FX Outdoors True Ballistic Chronograph - Shipping Now

Introducing the new FX Outdoors True Ballistic Chronograph

Tech-Superior.jpg

Imagine a chronograph that always worked and that gave the actual ballistic coefficient of a round through multiple velocity readings; all in a compact portable package. No external triggers, tripods or external power needed, just a fool proof set up with all the information you will ever need for an accurate and true ballistic calculation.

The True Ballistic Radar Chronograph measures actual speeds at four different velocities readings from 0 - 300 yards to determine actual ballistic coefficient using G1/G7 drag models. This provides actual data in your conditions, info that provides the difference between a hit and a miss. What’s it worth to you to hit your target?

• No External Recoil Trigger Required
• No External Battery Pack Needed
• USB-C Rechargeable Internal Battery
• Small & Portable at 1.8lbs, 7.4” x 9.6”
• Radar Tech Works Rain or Shine
• Large LCD Display Screen
• Optional Bluetooth Phone App
• Measures from 400 - 4,000+ fps
• Determine Actual Ballistic Coefficient
• Select G1/G7 Drag Models
• Shows STD Deviation and Spread
• Indicates Subsonic Yardage
• Accurate Data Avoids Costly Misses
• Signal Strength / Interference Indicator

Shipping to all FX dealers now! $999.99 USD

AGN1.jpg

AGN2.jpg

I'm going to need this to be out for a while and have some serious real world user tests before I buy another chrono/radar from FX. The little FX radar chrono that's been out for a while was one of the worst purchases I've made. Sporadic, not accurate and misses a lot of shots. Useless.
Love my LabRadar, but this new FX radar has some features that I'm liking a lot.
The LabRadar not calculating BC and needing a microphone for Airguns are my only real gripes with it.

Last edited:
Way too much $$. I’ll buy a Labradar.
Yeah, I'm not going to be taking my radar/chrono in the field up in the mountains like FX marketed this. I can get the same data on my LabRadar and a few clicks in Excel.
If they test out well with the real world, not by the bought and paid youtubers, and dropped the price to somewhere a little more comparable to the LabRadar it would be a different consideration altogether.
It has some very cool features but not an extra $400 cool. You could almost buy 2 LabRadars for the price of this.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not going to be taking my radar/chrono in the field up in the mountains like FX marketed this. I can get the same data on my LabRadar and a few clicks in Excel.
If they test out well with the real world, not by the bought and paid youtubers, and dropped the price to somewhere a little more comparable to the LabRadar it would be a different consideration altogether.
It has some very cool features but not an extra $400 cool. You could almost buy 2 LabRadars for the price of this.
Yeah, but all the cool kids are going to buy it because it says FX on it.

It is going to be marketed to people whose rifle is costs 3x more than any FX ever made and whose ammo is as they said $10+/round and the trip multiple thousands. Id'd be worth every penny. That said, I absolutely disagree with even mentioning pellet guns next to a Pew-pew, that is inviting more attention than we really want.

Seems a very nifty piece of equipment, however the price is way out of whack with reality, so will definitely pass on it.

FX Pocket Chrony at +- $200 does everything I need very well(extremely accurate when measured against other branded Chrono's), the added benefit of BC over distances is easy enough to do the manual way, a bit more work, but not $ 800 work :) .

Was able to get out and do some shooting with the unit last night after leaving the shop. Was able to pick up everything from my 12ftlb rifles all the way up to some of the larger powder burning rifles we build at the shop. The unit didn't skip a beat! Was out for a few hours, and used the unit for about an hour. Battery life was great and didn't have any issues with it.

Great unit, easy to set up, and didn't miss a single shot though all the testing.

Was able to get out and do some shooting with the unit last night after leaving the shop. Was able to pick up everything from my 12ftlb rifles all the way up to some of the larger powder burning rifles we build at the shop. The unit didn't skip a beat! Was out for a few hours, and used the unit for about an hour. Battery life was great and didn't have any issues with it.

Great unit, easy to set up, and didn't miss a single shot though all the testing.
So with a unit like this, will I have issues in a environment where I shoot with others next to me? Will this also pick up the guns next to me?

Allen