FX New FX model – Is the FX King a Panthera in disguise ?

All I've seen are pretty pictures, Shooter 1721 shooting branches of weeds and not one picture of holes in paper at any distance. I do know that my Maverick VP .25 can lay around for weeks, I take it out, cram some slugs or pellets into it and POI is right where the cross hairs are. Close enough. So, how about something other than pretty pictures and infomercials. Ok, found one video 50 yards .871MOA, I'm not sure I'm impressed at this point. Time will tell as it gets out more and tunes become available.

The airgun market right now:

1700408121358.gif

Reactions: qball and L.Leon
Take an existing proven platform, make a few minor mods, put it in a different stock, call it a by a new name and the Pavlovian masses will line up to buy it. Works every time and keeps them in business. Just like most other products (computers, phones, etc.), what you bought last year is now obsolete.

Take an existing proven platform, make a few minor mods, put it in a different stock, call it a by a new name and the Pavlovian masses will line up to buy it. Works every time and keeps them in business. Just like most other products (computers, phones, etc.), what you bought last year is now obsolete.
I can proudly say I'm not one of them. I replace my phone when it explodes or I break it. Ditto for Air Guns, show me something that meets my needs and I'll consider it. My needs are simple 1 Minute of squirrel at 125 yards. Watched a review hunting, .218 26gr javelins out past 100 meters, 120bar pressure 960ish fps. BUT at $2500+ I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: qball and Stubbers
I can proudly say I'm not one of them. I replace my phone when it explodes or I break it. Ditto for Air Guns, show me something that meets my needs and I'll consider it. My needs are simple 1 Minute of squirrel at 125 yards. Watched a review hunting, .218 26gr javelins out past 100 meters, 120bar pressure 960ish fps.

I only replaced my last phone (was actually sent one by the company I am with due to the nature) when they shut down the 3g network or whatever, basically it became obsolete.

Likewise with airguns, I'll probably rock my marauder(s) till the end. It's not about being cheap or incapable, I have the money...I just know that once you start chasing dragons, that there is never an end to it, it becomes an obsession. Not knocking those that enjoy it, this is merely from my perspective. Heck I am still tinkering / modifying my marauder(s).

Does this rifle make the Crown or Royal obsolete? Nope.

-Matt

Actually surprised by the number of ugly comments. This gun is a sexy beast. I think some of you are crazy or something. Lol
It is not the looks of the gun. Looks and aesthetics are subjective.
It Is the fact that FX put the Panthera in a GRS stock and are pretending it is a new gun. it ain’t. It is a Panthera with a front bottle.

Reactions: Trucker3573
It is not the looks of the gun. Looks and aesthetics are subjective.
It Is the fact that FX put the Panthera in a GRS stock and are pretending it is a new gun. it ain’t. It is a Panthera with a front bottle.
Companies do these things all the time. Bow manufacturers used to (sure they still do) change specs slightly and call it a new model compound bow. Guess it works as many fall for it. Personally I would be mad if I had an ugly arse dynamic I had bought just before this dropped. Utterly livid.

Looks like it. Plenum over barrel. Yes, those stocks are heavy, plenum in front probably alters balance a little. But might help balance with a heavier stock.

I reckon this is the replacement for the Crown. Something very hard to improve on. But if you want to shoot long range, this would be a good ticket. I just dont understand why people don't get a rimfire or something if they're going to do that.
For felons like me, I would if I could but I can't and I don't want any attention from the police, and where I live PCP Air rifles aren't considered "firearms" and I am legally allowed to own them.

Good for you if you can appreciate that new gun.

As for me, can t say i m swept away by the look of it, and neither by that 'barrel through plenum' concept. That latter part goes against every fibre in my being.

However ergonomically functional it may be, such GRS stock to my eyes is all but of esthetical elegance. I d rather hundred times over have a classic stock in my hands, than one such GRS on my wall. May perhaps suit the lying down shooters or bench shooters, but i do 90 % of my shooting 'free standing'.

If that 'King' is supposed to be the so called 'successor' for the Crown, then it s clearly but the next cow needing milking.

This thing doesn t stand any comparaison at all with the Crown.
This thing is all but a Crown-successor.

Curious to learn how much this gun 's weight will be adding up compared to Crown.
Merely guessing not that many hunters will gladly be carrying that load around.

Btw,
if i heard it right on one of our Dutch forums, Krale is planning launch next Wednesday.
I m told price tag would be over 2000€.
Let s see what Wednesday brings.