FX New FX model – Is the FX King a Panthera in disguise ?

Good for you if you can appreciate that new gun.

As for me, can t say i m swept away by the look of it, and neither by that 'barrel through plenum' concept. That latter part goes against every fibre in my being.

However ergonomically functional it may be, such GRS stock to my eyes is all but of esthetical elegance. I d rather hundred times over have a classic stock in my hands, than one such GRS on my wall. May perhaps suit the lying down shooters or bench shooters, but i do 90 % of my shooting 'free standing'.

If that 'King' is supposed to be the so called 'successor' for the Crown, then it s clearly but the next cow needing milking.

This thing doesn t stand any comparaison at all with the Crown.
This thing is all but a Crown-successor.

Curious to learn how much this gun 's weight will be adding up compared to Crown.
Merely guessing not that many hunters will gladly be carrying that load around.

Btw,
if i heard it right on one of our Dutch forums, Krale is planning launch next Wednesday.
I m told price tag would be over 2000€.
Let s see what Wednesday brings.
There’s no way it is a successor. More power, shoots pellets equally well as crown but can sling a slug twice as good as the Crown.. and it comes without having to line with slug liner, bigger plenum etc etc.. successor…. Thats funny.

. . . can sling a slug twice as good as the Crown..

successor…. Thats funny.
Very much NÓT a successor. King by no means comparable to Crown.
Not on any level whatsoever.
Crown is hugely versatile.
And 100 m accurate. Very accurate.
Countless competition results proving it.
That s Crown. My point.

Do get your point though, King shoots harder. No doubt.
Clearly you're a King fan. Get it. King is all you need. Good for you.

Still waiting though,
To see the first King winners in 100 m benchrest competitions. Meaning locally, here with us. Haven't seen them yet. Ever.
Here with us that's 100 meter range competitions, not 100 yards.
Here with us, top 3 often enough occupied by FX Crown, or Impact and/or Boss… in such cases not seldom standing right next to a DZ Sinner. That latter says something.
However, i ve so far never seen FX King in such a top 3. Nor even top 5. Now and then a Panthera perhaps, but never King.

Guess you might have seen it otherwise in your local competitions ?
How many 100 m / 100 yard range competitions do you know of, being won by FX King shooters ?
Seriously.

Last edited:
Very much NÓT a successor. King by no means comparable to Crown.
Not on any level whatsoever.
Crown is hugely versatile.
And 100 m accurate. Very accurate.
Countless competition results proving it.
That s Crown. My point.

Do get your point though, King shoots harder. No doubt.
Clearly you're a King fan. Get it. King is all you need. Good for you.

Still waiting though,
To see the first King winners in 100 m benchrest competitions. Meaning locally, here with us. Haven't seen them yet. Ever.
Here with us that's 100 meter range competitions, not 100 yards.
Here with us, top 3 often enough occupied by FX Crown, or Impact and/or Boss… in such cases not seldom standing right next to a DZ Sinner. That latter says something.
However, i ve so far never seen FX King in such a top 3. Nor even top 5. Now and then a Panthera perhaps, but never King.

Guess you might have seen it otherwise in your local competitions ?
How many 100 m / 100 yard range competitions do you know of, being won by FX King shooters ?
Seriously.
That’s quite the explanation! The King has only been out for less than a year and here in our part of USA it has only been out for months. Give it time, it will crush the competition.. Have a good day sir..

Reactions: Airgun Al

I don't understand why the bottles need to be as long as the barrel. A 300cc bottle gives me plenty of shots for hunting or targets . Now 2 bottles as long as the barrel ? Is it for hunting or for bench shooting ? Maybe at prairie dog towns . It reminds me of hanging 6 mags on an airgun. Add weight and expose your pellets and mag to the elements . Why ?

Doesn't look like much barrel support on the king .