New FX Maverick Gigarail from K&L

Well I guess I lied, when I said that I was done modifying the configuration of my .30cal Maverick. It turns out that I was wrong.

The Maverick is definitely my favorite and most accurate .30cal to date (across multiple barrels and ammo), but of the things that I have had a tough time with is how far forward the first Picatinny rail sits and the relatively short rail size. There's several different types of optics and red dot magnifiers with tighter eye reliefs that I think are awesome to use with this rifle, but they've been too much of a neck-breaker to use comfortably.

So I started hounding Stephen from Kraford & Lypt to engineer a solution. I presented these problems to him and emphasized my wishes to be able to mount an EOTech G33 magnifier much further back. He knew that I was i to night vision devices and said that he already had plans to make a Gigarail for the Mav. Finally, that time has come and hot diggity dog is this rifle frigging perfect now!!!

Here's some photos that I took today of the most recent prototype (the production version may or may not look a little different):

A0998FF6-63CC-487F-90C1-5CC9DCE8EE46.1634776339.jpeg
AB5E7C8E-E15F-4926-A5F8-E2A0A4D0F0E4.1634776340.jpeg

To give you an idea of how much rail space there is up top, here's one of my PVS-14's connected via a factory J-arm behind some optics (this was on the first Gigarail prototype, different from the one above)..
FDB6A4ED-7087-465B-AC1D-22A608A0151A.1634776474.jpeg
F12A7449-FE3E-4FD9-AE54-BA7332F7E35E.1634776474.jpeg
087CDB9A-E7E9-43AA-8927-698C3C5D26EC.1634776475.jpeg

I think these will be available pretty soon. Thankfully it's hunting season again and I'm anxious to put it to work 👍

I wonder if he'll make those gold anodized to match his chassis?

Yep, I asked and and got confirmation that there will be some done up in gold 👍

I wonder if he'll make those gold anodized to match his chassis?

Id try emailing Steve. I cant say, but I guess if your willing to wait thing's may happen!!!

Mtn Ghost, That is one bad "A" Maverick

Thanks!!!

Lots of pica-tinny rail real-estate, and barrel protection.. I like it, and if it works for you, nice!!

Looks like airgun armor!

JKool

Extra armor and plenty to rail space. I'm actually wondering what flip-up iron sights would look like on this now 🤔

That is awesome ! 

I never liked how much space there was between the scope rail and cheek rest.

That makes the Maverick look so much better !

Yeah I'm super happy with how far back the rail goes now. There's a bunch of cool short fixed power optics coming out that all have a similar shott eye relief. That G33 magnfier has an incredible FOV, but you have to get right up on it to be immersed in the full picture. This definitely solves that problem in spades!

Gino, here’s the mini Gigarail on my Impact!
1f61c.svg
Did a little chop job!

Stoti

7CFC706F-08DF-4FB1-8973-8D3F7A791AA1.1634782770.jpeg

That looks super cool man! I remember seeing the rail for the first time on your rifle, and I pretty much envied that since day 1 haha! Might have to mill the other prototype I have down real short for a super compact setup 🤔

I don’t use all the gadgets on my Impact that you do, so I decided just to go for it. I actually cut off about 6-7 inches and also shortened the back end and made it a little steeper. What I really like about the rail is that the scope mounts lower than with the stock Impact or Maverick rail. Your gun does look pretty cool Gino, like something out of Blade Runner or Star Wars! Have a great weekend bud!

Stoti