NEW FX MAVERICK: Any thoughts?

One of he things that bothers me is the limited amount of AR15 grips one would be able to use. There's no place for a pistol grip with a beaver tail. I'm thinking maybe it's because of the trigger linkage. I wish there was more thought into this.

Screenshot_20201130-094303_Chrome.1606693800.jpg

I'll go against the grain since people already posted most the positives about this gun in this thread.

Disclaimer: I own an FX Impact .35 Cal and like a lot about the gun. These comments however will be harsh. Sure I’ll be flamed nicely by FX Fanboys but whatever.

I guess in time, the young hungry companies will pass FX, as they grow slow fat and stay overpriced. Can’t blame them since people keep buying. Step in FX Maverick! Being fat, rich and content does not inspire innovation as demonstrated. As long as the same 10 people sponsored by FX will tell you how great their new gun is and people keep buying it why change?

Was excited about maverick in that it seemed like a simplified design which is important for innovating. Less parts, and simpler is good. The Impact design has more points of failure than mail in voting (jk). FX however cannot help itself adding mostly unnecessary specialized parts to charge people more for, and this gun exemplifies this! 2 Regulators? Unless your doing extreme benchrest this is retarded and unnecessary. The standard deviation in velocity in FX Guns contributes to a very small unrecognizable part in your overall shot error. Glad to hear we have more places for potential failure though! When the $300 Air Venturi Avenger Regulator can hold shotstrings within 10 FPS and has lasted me thousands of shots already, this is just an unnecessary item. I listened to a video by Air Hunters trying to explain how to adjust regulator and it couldn’t sound more complex. Shouldn’t take a PhD in fluid dynamics to adjust regulator. Again see air venturi avenger. Good news is you will need to refill the bottle earlier than necessary since you need the first regulator to be 30Bar higher than what your actually shooting at.

Increased Plenum!!! May get some more shots so that’s nice. Ignore the fact you can buy 3rd party plenum upgrades and the fact it probably won’t do much to help with power. People are already shooting .30 cal at 1050FPS on the Impact and you don’t really want to go any higher than that unless you can go way higher (1400+FPS imo) as your hitting sound barrier. "But you can shoot heavier higher BC stuff now!" Sorry magazines aren't thick enough to support these longer projectiles

Glad to hear restricted to smaller magazines. Glad to hear not offered in .35 Cal even though uses same barrel system. The same barrel system designed to have unnecessary parts to make people overpay to change calibers.

FX has found another way to slightly tweak their base design of being a very accurate side-lever gun and charge people boatloads. Impact came out 5 years ago. If you watch videos of it, you will realize how little it has improved. Maybe give me a reliable Semi-Auto? FX “Revolution” came out almost ten years ago with a true Semi-Auto rifle. FX Monsoon tried again. Both of these quality control issues plagued the guns and it appears they’ve mostly given up on the semi-auto rifle.

Would love to see them do things like EDGUN Leshiy 2 did with a hammerless semi-auto rifle with a removable magazine; and they drove a truck over the gun and it still worked fine. Breathe wrong on an FX Gun and you may be troubleshooting its 600 parts to find what failed.

Would love to do something like the Avenger for accurate/affordable. Even Hatsan Blitz with full auto and oh that magazine is so much nicer than FX Sideshot I can reload it in seconds. Yes these guns don’t have things FX guns do in accuracy and ridiculously high price (excluding edgun).

End Rant!

not a pretty gun (in fact a bit ugly), 2nd reg means another possible point of failure...not sure about this one.

While I like the innovation and price point of the Maverick, I have to agree that the Impact looks better. That's also probably because I'm biased being an owner of two Impacts at this time.

I think the Impact looks much better also. And I think the impact isn't a good looking gun as is lol

I am in no way a fan of FX. This is mostly due to them being so fragile, based on what I have gathered reading around on the net. I have had a few in my hands before and was not all that impressed. With that said I was going to buy one of theses shortly after reading about it. Looks like it would make a great dedicated slug gun with that larger plenum. Seems there is a fairly good wait time on ordering one at this point. So I figure I would go ahead and wait a while and see what kind of issues arise if any.

I am in no way a fan of FX. This is mostly due to them being so fragile, based on what I have gathered reading around on the net. I have had a few in my hands before and was not all that impressed. With that said I was going to buy one of theses shortly after reading about it. Looks like it would make a great dedicated slug gun with that larger plenum. Seems there is a fairly good wait time on ordering one at this point. So I figure I would go ahead and wait a while and see what kind of issues arise if any.

Good that you have a "non-hype" view of the Maverick. If I did not already own a new FX Wildcat, this is certainly a compelling gun to start with. Especially for those shooters who have the desire to go long shooting slugs. 

Currently, the majority of my shooting is inside of 70 yards, so I just picked up a Edgun Lelya 2.0. FX does not offer a ~23 inch rugged bullpup with a quiet integrated moderator.

Good that you have a "non-hype" view of the Maverick. If I did not already own a new FX Wildcat, this is certainly a compelling gun to start with. Especially for those shooters who have the desire to go long shooting slugs. 

Currently, the majority of my shooting is inside of 70 yards, so I just picked up a Edgun Lelya 2.0. FX does not offer a ~23 inch rugged bullpup with a quiet integrated moderator.

My Lelya 2.0 in 0.25 has a pretty good pop to it out of the box. To make it adequately quiet, you'll likely want a BAT moderator (good luck finding one) but that will add about 2" over the factory mod.

My Lelya 2.0 in 0.25 has a pretty good pop to it out of the box. To make it adequately quiet, you'll likely want a BAT moderator (good luck finding one) but that will add about 2" over the factory mod.

I also have a Lelya and love to shoot it. Sometimes I feel that I neglect my airguns by not shooting them because I do have my pick of the bunch that I shoot far more often then the others. My Lelya is one of them that I shoot more then the rest. Really good airgun.

I measured the sound output of the Lelya 2.0 (.22 cal} and it is within 1db of my Wildcat MKIII with a DonnyFL moderator. Similar noise level, Wildcat measures 31" vs Edgun at 23 1/2" The BAT moderator is no doubt an improvement, but I rather have a short "Truck" gun.

Im using the DonnyFL Tatsu with the 1/2in adapter grom EdGun west. It works ok for its size. It helps. The thing still has a bit of a bark to it though. I set mine up this way so I could remove the added length very quickly.