New FX Mav owner. Help me understand 2nd Reg

So I have a 177 Mav compact. I haven't adjusted the regs, so I don't know the first reg setting. I installed a digital manometer at the rear. When I shoot it stays at 82-84 bar. When I leave is over night it will get to 87 bar and stay there. Is this an acceptable number?

I know acceptable is dependent on purpose. I just want to get ahead of this in case its an issue since it is brand new.
Currently my compressor is down, so I can't waste too much air I have on checking the other reg. I hope to be back running Sunday.

Its currently sending JSB 10.34gr 920 fps from factory. From my limited shooting time its a good barrel with just the Crosman Heavies I've been feeding it mostly. (25 yards)

My gut is telling me to check the 1st reg so you know what's going on, if it's not 30-50 higher get it there, there is a moderate possibility that you'll need to replace all of the o-rings and clean your stack but if it's holding well I'd guess they are fine. BUT, always with the BUT, a few bar creep up may be nothing, mine on my .22 and .25 have no creep up.

Reactions: Florida_Man
When I shoot it stays at 82-84 bar. When I leave is over night it will get to 87 bar and stay there. Is this an acceptable number?
If the hammer spring tension is set for the velocity knee (95 - 97% of peak velocity), that 5% pressure creep is nothing to be concerned about.

Whereas if the HST is adjusted too lightly, the extreme spread will suffer.

Reactions: Florida_Man