• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New FX M3 700 MM .25 with 250 bar WIKA gauges

If anyone can answer a few questions for me i would appreciate it.

1. My owner's manuel states 300 bar system. Gun states 250 bar on side. WIKA 250 bar gauges came installed. Should i buy 300 bar gauges or should these have been installed from the factory?

2. Also, my gun came with a moderator that screws on the end of the barrel. After closer inspection there is nothing inside of it. No small end cap was included in the case either. Is this normal? 

Thanks

CJ,

I've the same gun in bronze. Side of bottle will state 250 or 300 bar. (Mine says 250) Recommend following 250 bar limit as shown on gun. Some have purchased 300 bar bottles and stronger regulators, that is an option you could research. As I understand, only compact M3s had end caps included. Also, my DonnyFL moderator is not an empty shell. Contact dealer about that. Best of Luck, WM

I was told by FX not to fill the gun over 250 by email when I was trying to get a 300 bar bottle valve and they also stated that those are all the same across the board and they pretended not know what I was talking about but they stated again not to fill over 250 they said it was a change in the factory they just went to a 300 bar bottle a gauges on the newer version also read there isn't a 580 bottle made yet from FX for 300 bar and it seems that others have gotten mixed gauges wika and non wika gauges on them so I don't know if there is a gauge shortage or what and others have stated FX told them it's ok to fill the M3 to 300 bar I don't know I guess my friends m3 has 300 bar gauges in it 

Thanks everyone. It just seems weird that they would put a 300 bar bottle on it with 250 bar gauges. Must be a 300 bar gauge shortage like you said.
20220123_171615.1642980694.jpg
20220123_171607.1642980695.jpg
20220123_171426.1642980696.jpg

I’ve brought this up before. The gun says 250 bar bottle is rated for 300. Common sense tells me it’s only a 250 bar fill max capacity. I don’t believe fx used any thicker aluminum on the front and rear blocks or special o rings than what’s on the MK2, or MK1 for that matter. 
it just has a higher rated bottle is all. Don’t understand all the fuss or even why this is still being questioned, really.

I have 0-315 bar aftermarket Wika gages on my wildcat. Does that mean I can fill it to 315? Of course not. So why install gages that go past gun fill capacity? Cause I was young and dumb when I installed them, ha.

all my pcp’s today are 0-250 bar gages, unless it’s a gun they can fill past 250 then it gets a 0-300

When I spoke with FX after getting my M3 they told me that with the right bottle and valve, the gun was good for 300 Bar. Note that the manual says 300 Bar max!

5.2 Pressurize
Max overall pressure in system: 300 BAR
Max air reservoir pressure: See markings on air reservoir.
Remove dust-cap (34) Close ventilation screw on the charging source.
Push the quick connector over the male connector on the gun (32)
Charge the rifle to wanted pressure without exceeding maximum pressure limit of air reservoir or main block.
You read the filling pressure on the main pressure gauge (31)
Also check the pressure on the charging source, they have in some case a more reliable gauge.
The gauges on the gun are indicators and not 100% accurate.
When you are ready with the fill you drain/bleed hose pressure on the charging source and simply release the quick connector by pulling the sleeve.
Put the dust cover back in place and you are ready.
Recharge as soon as you come to the point when tank pressure (31) is just above regulator
Output pressure (26) Do not use the gun if tank pressure is below set regulator pressure.
WARNING Only dry air should be used! Under no circumstances should Oxygen or any other gas be used to fill the air-tubes! This might result in serious injury or death!

Chris

Cj,

Looks like you and I have identical guns. 18.13 is correct, your bottle reads same as mine, 250 bar. I'm at a loss with the empty FX moderator by DonnyFL. There was no mention about any options regarding the moderator, from my Dealer, and it's clearly not an empty shell.

I've followed threads regarding replacing the 250 bottle with a 300, however many question the OEM regulator's safe ability to handle the load and suggest an upgrade. I'm satisfied sticking to the 250 limit, seems might prove a little easier on everything, including my compressor. My new AGT Uragan in .25 is fully rated for 300 bar, with a gauge to match, but I'll stick with 250 bar fills. WM

The FX made suppressor is empty and you can add 3D printed baffles to make it quieter than anything DFL sells. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4914398

The regulator gauge (manometer) wouldn't need to be 300 bar, 250 bar is plenty for that one. 170+25%=212.5

A proper gauge for the bottle pressure should read 25% above it's working pressure. 250+25%=312.5 So 250 bar working pressure requires a 315 bar gauge.

Heavy-impact, are you saying that FX made a mistake with only putting 250 bar gauges on my gun? It is brand new. Topgun-airgun just got it in on a shipment 3 weeks ago. I didn't order it. It just got shipped to them on one of their orders. Should i drop FX a line to ask why i got 250 bar gauges as saxon57 just said his came with 300 bar gauges?

Saxon57, are your 300 bar gauges WIKA?

Heavy-impact, are you saying that FX made a mistake with only putting 250 bar gauges on my gun? It is brand new. Topgun-airgun just got it in on a shipment 3 weeks ago. I didn't order it. It just got shipped to them on one of their orders. Should i drop FX a line to ask why i got 250 bar gauges as saxon57 just said his came with 300 bar gauges?

Saxon57, are your 300 bar gauges WIKA?

I'm only stating gauge sizing standards no matter what the gauge is attached to. You should contact the manufacturer about your concerns.

Thanks guys for all the help. I did send FX USA support an email today about the gauges. Waiting on a reply. As the 300 bar tank is available now from airgun dealers ($300-350) and the 3 300 bar gauges are another $300 as a package. Saxon57 got a great deal with 300 bar gauges already on his gun and would only have to buy the new bottle. I on the other hand would have to spend $600+ for that setup. Either i got ripped off or he got a sweet deal.

NOT happy about this.

Cj,

Took apart the FX moderator, by DonnyFL, that came with my M3. Again, no extra charge for the insert. WM

All DFLs come that way But I'd prefer the empty can made by FX and included at no extra charge. When you put 3D printed baffles in it it's way quieter than the others and you can add an extra center section for larger calibers or high power tunes to make sound much like a blowgun. Here's my former impact .30 tuned to 132fpe with the extra center section in the moderator with 7 air stripper baffles. The gun was quiet but the slug hitting it's mark was loud. 

FX Double Moderator -.1643081635.jpg
Impact Double FX Moderator.1643081636.jpg

Cj,

Took apart the FX moderator, by DonnyFL, that came with my M3. Again, no extra charge for the insert. WM

All DFLs come that way But I'd prefer the empty can made by FX and included at no extra charge. When you put 3D printed baffles in it it's way quieter than the others and you can add an extra center section for larger calibers or high power tunes to make sound much like a blowgun. Here's my former impact .30 tuned to 132fpe with the extra center section in the moderator with 7 air stripper baffles. The gun was quiet but the slug hitting it's mark was loud. 

FX Double Moderator -.1643081635.jpg
Impact Double FX Moderator.1643081636.jpg

Heavy Impact turned me on to this design and it’s all I use anymore. If I need sleek in diameter dimensions then i go with the hugget snipes