new FX Impact X .22

Started getting to know my new FX Impact X over the last few days. Lots of adjustment possibilities to explore, but no major adjustments for now. No issues out of the box; everything working as it should. First impression is that it's well made from quality materials (at least what I can see from the outside!).
A few minor surprises on the first day, neither of which is bad- one is quite good. The rifle came with a fixed shroud & the FX stackable moderator. Six sections were included, but I had to remove one middle section to fit the foam cutout in the case. It was my understanding that the .22 caliber rifles came with the telescoping shroud, so I must've missed that change while reading up. Doesn't bother me a bit, just unexpected... it's plenty quiet & plenty short, so no griping here. The other surprise was shot count. FX website says approximately 130 shots for .22, but as the attachments show, this one beat that by quite a bit before reaching the factory set 125 bar regulator setting. Can't be anything but hapy about that!

download.png
View attachment 1527462252_13942038225b0b396c41cf06.33454592_05-25-2018-1315.xlsx
download.png
View attachment 1527462262_12902182525b0b3976464c05.67498267_05-25-2018-1445.xlsx

Did some 50 yard accuracy work today. Attached photo tells the story, all the 10 shot groups were very similar to that one. 8-9 shots within 1/2", with 1-2 opening things up to ~3/4". Spread was mostly horizontal. That could've been the rifle, could've been the 5-10 mph variable winds, but if I were a betting man my money would be on the shooter.
Very close to what I get from my Huntsman Regal XL, though it's not an apples to apples comparison. The Daystate is .177 caliber, so needs nearly perfect conditions to do it's best work. It's also been through the pellet testing wringer, while the Impact has been JSB 18.13 only to this point.

Side note- the magazine works just fine, & I also really like the single shot loader I bought from an English ebay site. All shooting done with the 5.5-25x50 Aztec Emerald on top.

1527462359_11517540955b0b39d7d89d72.11013823_IMG_20180527_173003.jpg
1527462366_18234744395b0b39de460a10.98261181_IMG_20180527_172438.jpg

WOW! Thanks for the post bbstacker! I have the Impact X 22 on order and should be here in a month or so (minus the moderator, uggh Australia). I've been waiting for someone to test it out. That shot count is awesome! I would love to see how the new barrel went with some of the heavier jsb's. The 33.96 grainers are probably too much to hope for but I would love to see if it can handle the 25.4 monsters. 
James

Thanks guys!

@Matt- the mounts came recommended, and are quite nice. Can't really say they're better/worse than the FX mounts or others, but I'm happy with their quality & features.

@toku58- I don't have any of those pellets to try, but can tell you the depth of the pellet slot is 0.471". The loader works really well & looks good in the rifle to boot. Not cheap, but I reckon it's about 1/2 the price that FX would charge for a similar OEM item :-o .

And that scope... if you're in the market & not familiar with the Aztec Emerald, you'll want to put it on your short list for sure. It takes a lot for a scope to impress me, & this one does.

@stinkajames- Yeah that shot count was a pleasant surprise. Not sure if FX tends to under promise & over deliver, has made efficiency improvements, or just stuck an over sized bottle on there... I'll take it regardless! Hope those chrony strings help some folks, I hadn't seen much info on the .22 either, most strings I've seen are from .25 rifles.

It's my first .22 air rifle so starting from scratch with pellets. Figured the JSB 18.13 were a safe bet to shoot well out of the box, but I do want to try some heavier pellets soon. Monsters for sure, and probably some H&N Barracuda Match as well, since they shoot so well from my Daystate & Air Arms rifles in .177.

"TypeR632"Do you guys think an Impact is a good rifle for a beginner?
I've known novice photographers who spent thousands on the newest high end DSLR camera, and then set it to auto. What I'm saying is that buying an Impact may be paying for features you'll never use. But if you can afford it, what the heck...

"TypeR632"Do you guys think an Impact is a good rifle for a beginner?
Do you think you would need the adjustability?
Do you want a bullpup?
Do you understand the functions of the hammer spring, regulator, valve, etc....?
Do you know how to calculate the FPE?

How into shooting are you?

The Impact is a tinkers gun. Of course there's nothing saying that you can't just buy it and shoot it as it come from the factory!

If you can afford it? Then I'd say go for it!

But remember not to just start wrenching on it or trying to adjust it until you fully understand what you're doing. It can be a costly mistake!

Also remember a good air source, Air tank, Compressor, moderate to high end scope, pellets, etc.....

It a difficlut sport to just jump in. But I would say if you start at the top and really love PCP's then in the long run you'll actually save yourself money!

Go big or go home! LOL!

Good Luck!