New FX Impact MK2 review video

Yeah by that logic the Royale is also "more adjustable than the Impact also" adjustable tp, adjustable reg, hammer spring adjustment.

One could easily adjust the valve throw with each HST setting for more adjustment. I know I do. Then there's all the HST slider adjustments one could do to tweak a tune.

Some people like to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial. 

Nothing wrong with the Crown but I think the Impact is more adjustable.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. When I bought my Impact Compact from Ken Hicks at SPAW recently, I had him swap out the FX gauges before shipping. I also had him do the power mod which opens up the transfer port, and he aligns the probe. When available, I plan on buying a 500mm .25 barrel kit, and I’ll order it from Ken with the power mod on it.

This guy is not telling the whole truth and is stretching things a bit. 1) Why would anyone want to change to a smaller TP port size to begin with if upping a caliber, which negates his extra card tuning capabilities of the Crown compared to an Impact. An Impact doesn't need that TP adjustment as each caliber barrel comes with the proper port to begin with. 2) When he is showing the probe and bottoming it out in the brass port, that's not the truth either. The probes don't even come close to bottoming out in the brass ports. FX probes don't seat the pellets in the rifling like many other guns do as he was demonstrating in that piece of video segment, but left that part out conveniently to make a stretched point. 3) The probe port lines up perfectly with the barrel port. There is no need to modify them. 4) the probes seal tightly with the breech O-ring. There is just a little play, but nothing that would cause a loss of pressure as he makes out like it would. I also believe that was intentional myself to give a sure fit without troubles loading pellets with any parts being just a fraction off.

This guy is not telling the whole truth and is stretching things a bit. 1) Why would anyone want to change to a smaller TP port size to begin with if upping a caliber, which negates his extra card tuning capabilities of the Crown compared to an Impact. An Impact doesn't need that TP adjustment as each caliber barrel comes with the proper port to begin with. 2) When he is showing the probe and bottoming it out in the brass port, that's not the truth either. The probes don't even come close to bottoming out in the brass ports. FX probes don't seat the pellets in the rifling like many other guns do as he was demonstrating in that piece of video segment, but left that part out conveniently to make a stretched point. 3) The probe port lines up perfectly with the barrel port. There is no need to modify them. 4) the probes seal tightly with the breech O-ring. There is just a little play, but nothing that would cause a loss of pressure as he makes out like it would. I also believe that was intentional myself to give a sure fit without troubles loading pellets with any parts being just a fraction off. You can verify all of my points yourself. They are the real truth. IMHO, this guy is talking out of the wrong orifice.

1- He never said ,,change for a smaller transfer port. And yes you need to have 44.7 mm clearance measured behind the probe and back of the shoulder plate to make sure the transfer port is properly alingned with the brass port.

2- What is show and say is 100% true. Pay attention properly of what he say. You did not catch what he mean. I do.

3- No the probe port does not always aligned perfectly. I did have the same issue.

4- With my .25 caliber i have the same issue. Not with my .30...He is not bs.

This guy know better than most of us in pcp airguns. He is honnest and do not bad mouthing anything. 
Just show some respects to people who try to help.

Regards

That’s probably the worst illustration I’ve ever heard the Mercedes isn’t the top seller over the Toyota because it cost 10X times more and most people can’t afford it, he’s comparing that illustration to 2 guns that cost almost the same the impact and crown. and some other things he’s saying isn’t right, and that’s fine but he’s listing them off as facts when it’s not entirely true :) 

I do like all of his research he’s sharing with us though 

Suppose he's right in some ways - the crown technically has more steps of adjustment within its set power band without having to ever make a permanent/potentially less repeatable change to the settings (reg or hammer screw). So in that way it's more adjustable.

That's just a certain perspective though. 

For one thing I'm pretty sure 99% of those hundreds of potential range cards will be for tunes that are way out of whack and horribly inaccurate. Only way to fix that is to tune the reg and hst screw then, which will render every single one of the hundreds of others redundant, just like the impact.

Secondly if you regard adjustability as the absolute range of powers achievable from min to max then the impact is the more adjustable. Just again not as many steps between min and max without changing anything permanent. For me that is no big deal as I can't even begin to think why I'd want so many arbitrary range cards - I just shoot where I've tuned it for best accuracy and consistency. 

It's what you want out of the gun and which gun gives that to you. I for one like both impact and crown but found the 600mm barreled crown a bargepole, never mind the 700mm. I do a lot of golf course pesting and the handling of the crown was a nightmare when cruising around in a cart. The 380 would be better but would struggle to give me the power I need.

Regarding the other issues he makes fair points, though I'm pretty sure the probe and transfer port on the crown and wildcat aren't made to any different tolerances and that the 'slop' isn't an issue when the probe is secured in the gun. If I changed calibers I'd be ultra annoyed by misalignment though. 

Dead on review just missed one other point on the impacts. The dreaded leaks😔

Redick, Yuuup! Exactly!
I got 2 different FX rifles from 2 different big name shops, and both leaked. 
The Impact MK-II had a slow-leak [most likely through 1 of the gauges]
The Dream Tac Compact showed up empty and kept leaking like crazy

Thanks to FX-USA and 1 of the 2 shops for the tech recommendations and o-ring kit!
[I gave up even attempting to call the other shop - Phone tag got way too frustrating]

That helped get the Dream Tac to hold air - Along w/ my mini carbon fiber tank upgrade. 
My Impact is still encountering a possible defective reg and/or sketchy gauge
I can't adjust the reg pressures correctly as intended [still] and the needles stick and jump.

*Shrug*

Sam -

This guy is not telling the whole truth and is stretching things a bit. 1) Why would anyone want to change to a smaller TP port size to begin with if upping a caliber, which negates his extra card tuning capabilities of the Crown compared to an Impact. An Impact doesn't need that TP adjustment as each caliber barrel comes with the proper port to begin with. 2) When he is showing the probe and bottoming it out in the brass port, that's not the truth either. The probes don't even come close to bottoming out in the brass ports. FX probes don't seat the pellets in the rifling like many other guns do as he was demonstrating in that piece of video segment, but left that part out conveniently to make a stretched point. 3) The probe port lines up perfectly with the barrel port. There is no need to modify them. 4) the probes seal tightly with the breech O-ring. There is just a little play, but nothing that would cause a loss of pressure as he makes out like it would. I also believe that was intentional myself to give a sure fit without troubles loading pellets with any parts being just a fraction off. You can verify all of my points yourself. They are the real truth. IMHO, this guy is talking out of the wrong orifice.

1- He never said ,,change for a smaller transfer port. And yes you need to have 44.7 mm clearance measured behind the probe and back of the shoulder plate to make sure the transfer port is properly alingned with the brass port.

2- What is show and say is 100% true. Pay attention properly of what he say. You did not catch what he mean. I do.

3- No the probe port does not always aligned perfectly. I did have the same issue.

4- With my .25 caliber i have the same issue. Not with my .30...He is not bs.

This guy know better than most of us in pcp airguns. He is honnest and do not bad mouthing anything. 
Just show some respects to people who try to help.

Regards

All guns are different of course. I took mine apart to verify what he was saying. What I found didn't align with what he was saying. You are certainly free to your own opinion...

Okay, I have to admit, I know didley squat when it comes to airguns so maybe my observation is crap, but I have one question. Out of the 160 cards that he can get out of the Crown,

how many of them are worth a crap? what, every setting is going to give you a "good" group? how the hell is that possible? and if so, how come I sold so many extra slugs that my Impact did not like? Okay 4 question.. oh maybe I'm missing the point. like I said, I know didley..

or... out of 100s of pellets he found four that he can shoot well at all settings?? I think I'm lost..

Okay, I have to admit, I know didley squat when it comes to airguns so maybe my observation is crap, but I have one question. Out of the 160 cards that he can get out of the Crown,

how many of them are worth a crap? what, every setting is going to give you a "good" group? how the hell is that possible? and if so, how come I sold so many extra slugs that my Impact did not like? Okay 4 question.. oh maybe I'm missing the point. like I said, I know didley..

or... out of 100s of pellets he found four that he can shoot well at all settings?? I think I'm lost..

I am finding out that some like to shoot their gun inside the house. Those lower velocities are good for that, plus the 12 FPE laws in some countries. None of which was mentioned of course. Sometimes it is what is left out of a video that you have to watch for to get the "truth".

I do like how my Impact power wheel is working for me so far. I bought my Impact for power...I don't shoot my guns inside the house.

1592233566_6959076225ee78e5e037c77.50904903.JPG

I felt he had a couple valid points and was very entertaining, but would make a couple points. First, the crappy FX gauge issue is not new, and does not apply to only the Impact, but all FX guns. Any gun that is designed to be tuned needs high quality accurate gauges, especially the regulator gauge. In some cases the same can be said of the FX regulators. Secondly, how much user "adjustability" is too much? I buy my guns to use, not to be in a perpetual state of adjusting into 100's of TINS of pellets. As they say, "sometimes the juice just ain't worth the squeeze".

interesting ranting video, by his logic the dreamline has way more adjustments. My question is how do you check prob port alignment in the gun? having it outside isn't going to be the same as how it is in the gun. The loose prob could be an interesting find.

Mark the probe position at the edge of the entrance to the brass TP with the bolt closed. Pull the probe and barrel and look at your mark when inserted in the barrel's TP. You'll see that the probe aligns perfectly, and if you have a fresh or decent TP O-ring, it seals tight enough and doesn't blow out any air at all like it would if it were to be as loose as what he makes them out to be. There is a small amount of play for a reason, obliviously . You'll also realize that the probe doesn't bottom out inside the brass TP as he was demonstrating in the video with his illustration.