• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New FX Impact MK2 .30 suppressor

Hey guys,

Best suppressor for the Impact MK2 .30 700mm barrel.

I want it quiet but want to keep the looks of the gun....Not add a foot of length etc.

Anyone got an idea of which way to go and if you are selling one even better!!

Also bought the Wildcat MK3 .25 sniper and same question on that one...

Thanks!

I have the mkii .25 700mm with the donnyfl and to be honest. It's not bad at all. The length of the barrel + moderator looks good and feel good. In person it's even shorter than what the pics look like.
1590115498_10603333375ec73caab95669.49478773.jpg

Here is mine next to the case. Just a tad longer. The moderator has to be removed to put it in the case otherwise it wont fit. 

Nice...Thanks for the input. I am thinking the Tatsu. or Ronin.

Anyone try the new 0db suppressors that are out or a Huggett?

The Sumo on the Veteran is amazing!! I have it tuned for 25 grain JSB at 950 and it is scary quiet....When I tune it up for the 33.95 at 975 it is a bit louder but still very very backyard friendly!!

A few people on here have Tatsu's on their Impacts and don't complain, I believe you have to have it modified by donny and not order outright because .25 is the max caliber available.

Before I cranked the power up the power/pressure the included fx/donny LDC that came with the 30 seemed to work fine. But.... at 10oz I would probably reconsider.. given the chance to do it all over again.

I'd also take a look at the Huggett Astille. I got one with 2 extensions for my .30 Leshiy which was near .22 rimfire loud with no baffles - now indoor friendly. I've tried the Astille on some .22 and .177 and it works very well too. One thing I like is its ability to to soften the higher pitch of the air which the DonnyFL tends to let through. So subjectively it sounds quieter to me than the DonnyFL because of the lower frequency.

I tried several different moderators on my MKII 30. I don’t think any of them were a big enough difference over the standard baffles to use any of them. It made more sense to save >$100 and use it elsewhere.

Several people mentioned the Ronin, but I never tried it, because the weight turned me off. I tried 4 different manufacturers and they were all basically the same. I found that while a moderator helps knock the sound down, none of them were vastly different to the ear from each other. If have found similar results on other high power rifles. It could just be me, but I have just decided to get what I like the looks of now.

That is what I was thinking but the .30 dedicated shroud is sold out at Utah Airguns and it looks like they are the only ones who sell them......Not sure how long the backorder time is...

I bought a Huggett Magna and 0DB standard to see how those work...I agree the Donny might be a bit heavy.

Hopefully I can get the dedicated shroud and use that with the Magna and should work well for bot .30 and .25 and can always go smaller for .22

Whichever works best will get a second for my Wildcat Mk3.

Both guns will be in my hands on Thursday!!

Curious how much the Wildcat barrel kits will be....Hoping a bit less than the Impact ones.

Thanks for all the replies!!