New - FX IMPACT M3 w/ POWER BLOCK, TUNGSTEN HAMMER, TENSIONED BARREL & MORE! -

Wow!

I say again... Wow!

Makes my mouth water at the thought of a 22 caliber with an 800 mm barrel. I want to order one to be a 25 caliber (0.25" and not .25 cal, as that is less than the average human hair), with a 1,000 mm barrel, 1:26 inch twist, 26 degree crown, 0.25 inch throat before the lands and grooves of 0.025 inch height, and projectile of a lead (Pb) alloyed with 1.25% Tin (Sn), and 0.75% Antimony (Sb) for a Rockwell Hardness Number between 5.0 and 5.1 to grab on to the rifling just to get turning, but not stripping off the lead alloy projectile, and not any harder to prevent excess dynamic friction, which would cause a much higher jump-velocity which occurs one planck length past the muzzle, which is also a higher contributor of loss of precision than the harmonics overly used as air gun jargon are used and thought to be, but the jargon harmonics make for a great sales gimmick. It reminds me of all the rhetoric and imagery with the adjectives and superlatives such as "This gun shoots fast, this gun hits hard, this gun looks bad-ass and even you can tune it to the sweet-spot, and that's why you should buy it." Now I must go buy this gun because it has no serviceable parts, no spare part support, no support and no more warranty because you pulled the trigger which modified the way the gun came. I believe a lot of you guys and gals understand where I am coming from, and many newer ones will. If I did an air gun review, the first two hours would be on formulas then I'd check my patreon for a balance to order the FX for the next two-hour video covering specifications such as Hooks law of springs where springs that are compressed are under compression and not tension. If you pull the spring to elongate it then it is under tension. Titanium has an atomic mass almost exactly like gold. There is an open seller in China that sells gold plated titanium bars. Guess where they are going. I'll stop rattling off now, but will continue when I get an FX Impact M3. Lastly, on my wish list, a 580-cc cylinder, (not tank because tanks are not designed to be pressurized as cylinders are) with a 300 Bar fill capacity, which I will not be transporting said cylinder filled to over 250 Bar pressure on a public highway and be violating The Department of Transportation statute prohibiting such act. I will fill it up at the range or release any pressure to below 250 Bar and be in compliance with the DOT statute, if and when I transport said cylinder on a public highway.

I would then pepper the 1,000 mm barrel with piezo transducers in a 180-degree helix and analyze the wave forms at no less than a giga sampling rate. Make print outs and scribble, scribble applicable thermodynamic formulas based on the laws of physics and using statistical mechanics to translate all findings relating to air gunning because currently all I can find is opinions and lies both in reviews and in product literature from the manufacturers, the dealers just cut and paste.

Right now, FX Impact M3 is my #1 choice, but I will wait until they can fill my order instead of where I will end up with an extra 700 mm barrel, block replaced by the Power Block, extra hammer, spring and plenum, etc.. Even Burger King lets you have it your way.

Great information and update on the FX Impact and now to the M3, but still falls short to order. I rather over pay for my custom specifications than get a deal rammed down my throat with an off the shelf build of ridiculous configurations, which is why I vote with my pocket book.

I'm still doing ballistics with the same slide rule I used in the 60s in Aberdeen Maryland and I can't believe the game lies being purported as fact.

Numbers do not lie, but you can lie with numbers, and the laws of physics are not just really good ideas.

FJB OUT!
Huh?

I have yet to get into the Airgun sport but It sure looks like FX is the way to go. I just can't seem to make my mind up whether to go
with an Impact of the Wildcat BT
Look around and check other brands too. RTI, AGT, Daystate, Taipan, and more. Lots of really good stuff out there. Just don’t limit yourself or feel you have to jump on a particular bandwagon.

Reactions: Deleted 45061
A Redesigned Rear Block, Tungsten Hammer Weight, and Tensioned Barrels Takes the M3 to a Whole New Level!

View attachment 207129

The unrelenting innovation continues as FX proudly announces the addition of the rear Power Block to the FX Impact M3. No rifle has continued to advance what airguns are capable of like the FX Impact. It’s both iconic and beloved for good reasons.

As much as the power plenum stages the power capabilities of the FX Impact, the rear block handles that transfer of power much like a hot rodded car’s ported and polished intake manifold. FX has completely redesigned the rear block and the valve house which allows better air flow, efficiency, and power potential.

The Power Block will be of particular use for those who desire to shoot the Impact at higher power, especially those shooting heavy slugs. The pressure in the plenum can now better translate to the pressure behind the slug upon firing, allowing higher speeds and power. Those shooting heavy slugs are encouraged to add the FX Impact Tungsten Hammer weight to also allow for higher working pressures.

View attachment 207149

This change was a rolling development introduced into FX manufacturing at the beginning of 2022. All FX Impacts manufactured in 2022 have a Power Block (though unbranded until now). 2021 M3’s can be upgraded to the Power Block and its associated valve house. Older Impacts can also be upgraded to this new Power Block but will need to have a Power Plenum 720 installed. (Contact your local dealer for more information as to what your rifle needs).

The FX Impact M3 w/ Power Block is shipping or already at dealers now. Contact your local dealer for availability.

FX Impact Tungsten Hammer Weight - Unlock the Power Capabilities of the Impact M3

Slug shooting requires higher pressures to move the additional weight and bearing surface that slugs have. In addition, with the use of longer barrels, speed can be increased upon firing, if the valve can remain open longer. Both can be achieved with a first ever in the airgun world: the FX Impact Tungsten Hammer Weight.

Tungsten is a material that is 1.7x denser than steel (used for the standard FX hammers). This extra weight hits the valve with more power which allows the valve to open even at higher regulated pressures and stay open longer before closing.

This is particularly useful with longer barrels (700mm & 800mm) as the longer the barrel, the more desirable it is to have the valve stay open (ideally to just before the slug leaves the barrel).

Tungsten Hammers will also be available for the FX Wildcat MkIII, FX Maverick, FX Crown MkII and all FX Dreamline configurations. Note that those shooting standard pellets will not see benefits from the Tungsten Hammer.

View attachment 207161

FX Tensioned Barrel System - Barrel Rigidity for Slug Shooting of 90+ FPE

The advancement of slug shooting and the enhancements to the FX Impact have shooters wanting to use heavier slugs at faster speeds. This requires a more rigid barrel to handle the pressure and vibrations created by these projectiles. The new FX Tensioned Barrel System adds the firmness needed to let you reach the potential of the FX Impact with heavy slugs, all while maintaining the extreme accuracy everyone expects from an FX Airgun.

Conceived and created by the famed airgun engineer Hein Frommann, who perfected it through a global collaboration with Johan & Fredrik Axelsson (Sweden), Matt Dubber & Roelf Vorster (South Africa) & Ernest Rowe (USA). The result is really showing off the brain trust at FX Airguns.

View attachment 207173

From a barrel harmonics perspective, the tensioner system flattens the amplitude of barrel movement which results in better accuracy. Secondarily the rigidness of the barrel becomes more temperature stable and will further hold zero regardless of conditions or accidental knocks to the barrel.

The FX Tensioned Barrel System will be sold both as an add on system that can be used with any existing 700mm STX barrels, or sold with a barrel as part of a complete FX Slug Tensioned Barrel Kit. For optimal accuracy the tensioned barrel system should be used in unison with the FX Carbon Fiber Barrel Liners Sleeves.

FX 700mm & 800mm Slug Tensioned Barrel Kits (With Slug Ready STX Heavy Liner Standard)

To push the boundaries of what small bore slugs can do, FX is introducing an 800mm Slug Tensioned Barrel for the FX Impact. This barrel will allow the FX Impact to shoot heavier slugs at the speeds needed to create a higher BC which will allow the Impact to shoot at further distances.

This barrel has achieved a first in the airgun world, an airgun shooting the same caliber and same grain weight bullet as a common firearm. The 800mm Slug Tensioned Barrel, when combined with a Power Block and Tungsten hammer weight equipped FX Impact, will shoot a .22 Caliber 40gr slug at speeds of 1030 ft/s (the common weight and speed shot by many professional .22LR competition shooters).

View attachment 207188

The .22 caliber version of the 800mm Slug Tensioned Barrel Kit is shipping now. In the coming weeks and months, FX Airguns will release a .25, .30 & .35 caliber version of the 800mm barrel as well as a full set of 700mm Slug Tensioned Barrels.

All FX Tensioned Barrels allow the shooter to use a moderator. 1/2” UNF threads come standard on all but the .35 Calibers, which use an M18x1 thread.

Note: The tensioned barrel is not really needed for pellet shooters because pellet shooting uses much less pressure and produces less movement to the barrel. The existing STX barrels are more than rigid enough to cater to standard pellets and their associated speeds, (except for the .35 caliber that does benefit from it).

View attachment 207209

GRS Top Mount Bipod - Elevate Your Long Distance and Bench Shooting

The new GRS bipod is a natural biproduct of their long-range commitment. This is a heavy-duty, rugged, yet simple to operate Bipod that can withstand whatever you throw at it. Made for when your shooting requires the utmost in stability and adjustability - The perfect match for bench rest and prone shooting.

This Bipod was originally developed by GRS for F-Class ELR and similar long-range disciplines. With the recent optional extended Impact top rails offered by multiple manufacturers, this perfectly suited Bipod can enhance the accuracy you get from your FX Impact.

The physics of accuracy gained by the GRS Bipod come through how the recoil effects your barrel when firing your rifle. By mounting a bipod over your barrel as opposed to under it, the recoil delivers straight back into the shooter instead of torquing at the bipod and recoiling up. With this wildly improved recoil management system, you remove the upwards recoil movement from effecting your shot, you can see your round better as well as making adjustments to your point of impact even faster!

View attachment 207219

The Bipod mounts to the extended top rail via the GRS Spigot Adapter set (included in the Bipod with Adapter combo offered through airgun retailers). This set allows for the quick and effective mounting of the GRS Bipod to the Picatinny Rail. The spigot allows the bipod to pivot for uneven conditions in a real-world setting. The cant of the bipod can be locked and secured by using the repositionable lock down lever.

Finish things off with a GRS rear bag under your stock! Rear bags will help you shoot more accurately with Bipods (and work better than monopods).
The bag’s surface is smooth to let the stock slide easily with any recoil as well as being large enough to easily squeeze for vertical movement. All at a great low price!

GRS is now proudly distributed through the FX Outdoors Group within the US. The GRS Bipod & Adapter Set and the GRS Rear Bag are shipping to dealers immediately.

View attachment 207232
Installing the barrel tensioner on my M3 700 25 cal. First attempt wow tight groups at 50 yards. After 10 shots things started to loosen up like an inch &
a quarter right then left. Check the tensioner it was loose. Called FX NC & asked for torque specks, they suggested lock tight on the tension jamb nut. Cool 2 little dabs of blue reassemble w light tension. Well it 100 deg out in Colorado & when testing now the liner jamb nut loosened & the groups loosened up too.
Next attempt I wanted to try something different. When I install the liner jam not I put three wraps of gray Teflon tape on the threads instead of blue Loctite. My goal was not to put too much tension on the liner. Re the clamp next to the block This I snugged up considerably 30 inch lbs. I enjoy fiddling & am hopeful this thread will give me some feedback. Thanks Old Guy with Airgun

Why not just keep it simple instead of all the add on woop yeas, In the very beginning of the Impact it was told its not a beginners gun. Its way to complex for someone starting out air gunning ,, WHY keep all the complex stuff up, Why not just keep it simple, Why all the gizmo wiz bang stuff,, And why all the Orings , With that many Orings something will leak, In a short time... OOPS I GOT THE answer , MONEY
Mike

About that tungsten hammer weight. I plan to use 200 bar of a reg pressure with a 500mm barrel. I think I don't need a tungsten hammer weight, do I? A brass one should be enough. My understanding is that a tungsten hammer weight is for 180-200 bar of a reg pressure and long barrels - 700mm+, where valve dwell time should be long enough.

I kinda want to second that or perhaps raise a view point.

As a reminder, a standard FX impact hammer weight is 6 gram. Huma brass hammers are 6.9 gram and a 8.5 gram. Tungsten is what, 11 gram?

I can tell you that the heavy brass hammer with power hammer spring generally overpowers my Extra HP reg in the range of 130-150 bar, causing shots from min to max hammer spring setting to be relatively close in speeds. At 160 i get a what looks like a "normal" or tunable range of wheel adjustments.

It seems that one must be using much higher regulator pressures to need or benefit from more than a heavy brass hammer weight. Probably 170-200 bar ranges? I dont know, i have not gone that high on my Huma Extra HP regulator yet.

Last edited:
You need tungsten if you have a long barrel - 700mm-800mm and 180-200bar of reg pressure - you need more valve dwell time then. I have 500mm barrel and I use 7g weight. My reg pressure is 170bar. It's optimal. Once I enter 200bar reg pressure range I will switch to 8.5g hammer weight and I will be fine with my 500mm barrel.
Would you share some details on your set up? Caliber, projectile, shot data?

I have a couple of Impacts. 500mm in .25 with PP720, pin probe, dual port and stock hammer is running 130 bar on Huma Extra High HP reg. Tuned for JSB Kings and MK2 heavies for 55 fpe. My other Impact is a 700mm 30 cal, heavy brass hammer and spring from Huma, dual port, pin probe, but regular PP and 150 bar on the Huma Extra High HP reg. I am getting 110-115 fpe with NSA slugs of various weights. Right now set up for 950-960 fps with 54.5 gr slugs.