New FX Impact M3 - Intro

The one thing that I wanted to see they did not change. A better barrel design. Maybe something like in the newest Matt Dubber video.

I think they did change the barrel I saw on YouTube them comment about tighter fit, then you have the harmonic tuner, carbon sleeves from FX. So there def. seems to be some liner, barrel, shroud adjustments

No barrel change, the new front barrel support is longer to add stiffness and the rear barrel mount has tighter tolerance and larger oring, a tighter fitting barrel improve accuracy and less POI issues. You will know when you try to pull the barrel off the 1st time not as easy as before you nearly have to be center line pull.

So the barrel has indeed been reinforced ?

I am curious how many of the changes can be retrofitted? And are all the barrels and new tolerances still interchangeable?

Only retrofit would be the 72cc Power Plenum 720. The rest of the changes are unique that we couldn't get them backwards compatible. Barrels are still interchangeable and old barrels work just fine on the M3, just the tolerances around the barrel housing are very, very snug (like grease your barrel when switching snug). Also most calibers are dual ported now with a standard pellet port on one side and a bridged open slug/heavy pellet port on the other side that easily indexed over.

Very impressive upgrades. It’s like FX took all the aftermarket upgrades that we’ve already put on our Impact (X and Mk2) and made them standard. This is great if you don’t have one already or have just left yours stock. I don’t see a good reason to trade in your Mk2 if it already has most of the Mk3 upgrades. I guess if you’re really Jonesing for dual regs, but other than that?
I’m most impressed with the way that FX has kept this information from leaking out. Congress could take some lessons from them. The fanboys/paid videos are already out.
Evolutionary improvements on an already excellent platform, but nothing revolutionary...

Interesting that they’ve copied Daystate on the integrated chrono in the barrel. I guess imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery!
1f602.svg

Integrated Chrono in the barrel? Really? Looks to me like an optional FX Chrono on a stick with remote Bluetooth readout. Integrated in the barrel??? Maybe they meant ON not IN?

BB07A983-4301-48BD-8F4F-7F858CC0E236.1618412720.jpeg

4B861A2A-4CA2-46E8-BF6E-8BA5CB57D341.1618413217.jpeg

Interesting that they’ve copied Daystate on the integrated chrono in the barrel. I guess imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery!
1f602.svg

Integrated Chrono in the barrel? Really? Looks to me like an optional FX Chrono on a stick with remote Bluetooth readout. Integrated in the barrel??? Maybe they meant ON not IN?

BB07A983-4301-48BD-8F4F-7F858CC0E236.1618412720.jpeg

4B861A2A-4CA2-46E8-BF6E-8BA5CB57D341.1618413217.jpeg

From the video I watched there seems to be 2 options, The promo video has the Moderator with the built in chrono. It looks like there's also a side mounting ability if you have the older promo and from some research this morning you can get the Display for the old chronographs separately. 

Sooo. Yeah the chronograph is integrated into the moderator.