• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Fx impact .35cal barrel versus RAW 1000x polygonal barrel.

Well, since this is totally subjective, IMO, the RAW is so much the better rifle they should not mentioned in the same sentence. As to the barrel specifically, a robust solid barrel compared to a sleeve/liner design. You can change solid barrels easier than fussing with several pieces, may cost more, but you have real barrels that hold POI. 

Having recently bought a 100XLRT in .30 I can honestly say I am very very unimpressed with the build quality, it's a solid gun but if I was in the US it would have gone back for a refund!

But to answer the question, I have the .35 IMPACT, the limitation is the choice of pellets to be fair, I suppose you could make your own but where's the fun in that, may as well shoot a powder burner IMO.

The .35 is fun to shoot simply because of it's sheer size, the IMPACT seems to stand up to the power fine plus you can just put a .30 barrel in it easily, but that much power in the IMPACT did worry me at first I must admit.

We made up another barrel for the RAW but I don't like the fact that there is no physical location point or dimple in the barrel shank, this is because they sleeve the blank upto 16mm and overtightening it distorts that thin sleeve, very poor engineering IMO!

Having said that the .30 RAW is very accurate, I can't compare it in .35 but I presume they would at least test shoot it, AEAC's Steve made the point that the RAW is too low power in .35, not sure if it can match the IMPACT's 135FPE+ if you tune it though.

For versatility you simply cant beat FX, I personally havent found the FX system to be fragile but I do notice the huge difference in weight between FX and LW solid barrels.