FX New FX DRS Classic, Pro, and "LIGHT" ?

Yep if you look at the schematic drawing of the DRS you will Se that the large plentum has a plug in the bottom. No doubt for a gauge. That way the action can be lifted from the stock with no interference from the gauge. The smaller plentum has a plug in the front so if a gauge is attached to the front it won’t be visible unless the action is removed from the stock. And there will have to be material removed to allow the gauge to be fit in the stock. It’s just one screw to remove the stock so that wouldn’t be so bad as you have to remove the stock to adjust the HS also. I still like my idea of a block added to the front hole on the plentum that incorporates more volume plus has a gauge mounted face downward . That way the stock can be inletted so the gauge is visible and flush with the forearm. It will be interesting to see the difference in volume between the standard plentum and the Pro version. Now what would really be cool if a ball valve could be incorporated to turn between the standard plentum to the additional volume with gauge. Sort of like a high / low power wheel. i know more added cost to the gun but it would be cool.
The video clearly states and shows the option of a buy later reg Gauge on the plenum!

Screenshot_20240304-202256_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if you will have to remove the gauge from the plentum to take the action out of the stock to change the reg preasure or hammer spring. That would be a degas and re-gas too. Hopefully the Pro stock has access to the hammer spring.
I can tell you for sure that will be the case. The added width of the gauge looks to be wider than the actual stock. But I would assume removing the plenum from the bottom first would be easier.

wonder if you will have to remove the gauge from the plentum to take the action out of the stock to change the reg preasure or hammer spring.
Haha i had not thought about that either,,,,,, constantly on the back wheel here in regard to the DRS.
You probably have to do just that, though with the big plenum you can probably slide enough up and out of the stock to reach the REG and HS adjusters.

I just saw a picture of the Pro from the rear. Looks like there is access to the hammer spring adjustment . But the reg is under the barrel at the front of the action. You might be able to just lift the action a little to get to it with an Allen wrench. The classic will be like the Dreamline. One screw and lift the action out for any adjustment.

Well, I had my hands on a 12 ft/lbs synthetic DRS today. Dry fired it a couple of times. Generally very nice. Smooth cocking, quiet, quality construction. The only thing it did point me towards was a walnut stocked version. The forend of the synthetic version can be flexed towards and away from the air tube with finger pressure......now I'm aware I was looking for any movement and it might not happen in a real life shooting situation, but it is there.

Good to know that the soft touch synthetic stock, is somewhat flexible.
To be honest, thats exactly what I would expect.
You also mentioned that it was quiet, and 12 ft.lbs....
Im courious what caliber it was, and are they in stock ,and available to purchase right off the shelves, in the U.K. yet?
Well, I had my hands on a 12 ft/lbs synthetic DRS today. Dry fired it a couple of times. Generally very nice. Smooth cocking, quiet, quality construction. The only thing it did point me towards was a walnut stocked version. The forend of the synthetic version can be flexed towards and away from the air tube with finger pressure......now I'm aware I was looking for any movement and it might not happen in a real life shooting situation, but it is there.

I have installed a short picatinny rail to the forearm of a Crown and Wildcat synthetic stocks. They appear to be a made out of an expanded type of foam . Once you break the outer skin it is pretty soft like styrofoam. And yes it is flexible. But with a tight fit to the barrel and action all is solid. If you have ever taken a synthetic bolt action rifle apart you will notice the whole stock is skeletonized inside and it too is very flexible when off the barreled action. I take it from the above description that the barrel / air tube must be free floating on the DRS.

Reactions: Headshots
These instructions leave a lot unanswered instructions. Such as how to degas the system to install a gauge on the plentum Or,change to another size plentum? For the newbie I would think that this should be included. Yes there will be UT videos but why not have them in the instruction manual? After all first thing the manual says is to determine what the regulator and hammer spring settings are. That means you got to know how to degas the plentum to install a gauge and don’t you need to degas the tank first? Nothing stated in the owners manual Except do not disassemble this rifle. Piss poor manual FX.