FX New FX DRS Classic, Pro, and "LIGHT" ?

I really don't need to know the plenum pressure as long as the gun is grouping well consistently but as soon as there is an issue, seems like that is the first thing I need to know. I'm ok with one gauge but I wish it was plenum pressure. I can determine reservoir pressure as soon as I connect my pump. I haven't got my first regulated gun yet. Just studying on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, seems first step in trouble shooting will now be to buy the big plenum and gauge, de-gass, install, pump up and shoot with a plenum size I won't be using after I figure out what's going on?

Reactions: Airgun Al
I really don't need to know the plenum pressure as long as the gun is grouping well consistently but as soon as there is an issue, seems like that is the first thing I need to know. I'm ok with one gauge but I wish it was plenum pressure. I can determine reservoir pressure as soon as I connect my pump. I haven't got my first regulated gun yet. Just studying on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, seems first step in trouble shooting will now be to buy the big plenum and gauge, de-gass, install, pump up and shoot with a plenum size I won't be using after I figure out what's going on?
I think most people will tune with a chrono, which is kinda necessary anyway. If you want to adjust your pellet speed you can bump up the reg, then dial in the hammer spring with the chrono like usual. The biggest issue having no reg gauge is if you want go back and forth between tunes, its much more time consuming. But for a rifle like this, I dont think its really needed. I would rather save the weight and have a more simple design.

There are things I can live without, but a reg gauge isn't one of them. I would sooner live without the pressure gauge on the reservoir, as my pump's gauge is more accurate than a 28mm gauge on the gun. When I am troubleshooting a regulated gun, I want to see regulated pressure.

This is the first rifle, that I want at least 3 different versions of!
1. 500mm synthetic - small, lightweight, utility.
2. 600mm Grade 2 Walnut- what a beauty.
3. 700mm Decked out Pro version.- simple, competition work horse.
Its great to see FX incorporating their latest technology, yet getting back to basics.
Im 100% certain that at least 1 version of these, will find a home in my small stable.

This is the first rifle, that I want at least 3 different versions of!
1. 500mm synthetic - small, lightweight, utility.
2. 600mm Grade 2 Walnut- what a beauty.
3. 700mm Decked out Pro version.- simple, competition work horse.
Its great to see FX incorporating their latest technology, yet getting back to basics.
Im 100% certain that at least 1 version of these, will find a home in my small stable.
I have to agree with you !

I have started with pre ordering the .25 600 synthetic stock.

Reactions: Airgun Al
You know they will come out with one with a reg gauge after the initial run on this new platform dies down. We need both gauges. You need the tank gauge to know when it’s about time to refill. You wouldn’t drive your car without a fuel gauge would you? Then you need the regulator gauge if you are a tuner that likes to switch between types of ammo and like to get the most out of your gun. You wouldn’t build a race car without checking it out on a dyno to know when you were reaching the maximum level of performance. It just saves time and ammo having a regulator gauge. I’m hoping the aftermarket comes out with a plentum with a block incorporated on the front that a Reg gauge is mounted facing down. Then it would be a simple manner of inletting the stock to fit. Then you would only see the reg gauge flush with the bottom of the stock in front of the plentum. Might even be able to add more plentum size as well. I might have to take mine to a machine shop. This is also going to be the airgun I am definitely going to make a custom stock for. Nothing wrong with the shape of the classic stock but I have been saving a crazy figured maple wood blank for the right gun to come along And this might be it.

Reactions: Impact701
After watching all the star trek looking guns, with all sorts of knobs and gauges, its great to see a simple offering from FX.
Short, light weight, simple, and state of the art.
Something to keep behind the seat of my truck, and by the door of my house, ready to go at any moments notice.
Exactly what Im in the market for.

If anyone is interested

Screenshot_20240302_155751_Chrome.jpg

I'm sure that in the future the largest plenum can be modded to incorporate a flush reg gauge....possibly an aftermarket offering....
Yep if you look at the schematic drawing of the DRS you will Se that the large plentum has a plug in the bottom. No doubt for a gauge. That way the action can be lifted from the stock with no interference from the gauge. The smaller plentum has a plug in the front so if a gauge is attached to the front it won’t be visible unless the action is removed from the stock. And there will have to be material removed to allow the gauge to be fit in the stock. It’s just one screw to remove the stock so that wouldn’t be so bad as you have to remove the stock to adjust the HS also. I still like my idea of a block added to the front hole on the plentum that incorporates more volume plus has a gauge mounted face downward . That way the stock can be inletted so the gauge is visible and flush with the forearm. It will be interesting to see the difference in volume between the standard plentum and the Pro version. Now what would really be cool if a ball valve could be incorporated to turn between the standard plentum to the additional volume with gauge. Sort of like a high / low power wheel. i know more added cost to the gun but it would be cool.

Reactions: Swildman
Given FX’s track record of describing a lot of their triggers as match grade, I cringe to think what a non-match grade tigger is with them.
The 3 different oem, FX triggers that I have owned, have all been very excellent, right out of the box!
Ive made 1 slight adjustment to my Royale trigger once in 7 years, and it was more trial than anything.
Unless one is shooting serious competitions, I dont believe that a match grade trigger, is even a necessity.
Smooth as butter has been my experience.