FX New FX DRS Classic, Pro, and "LIGHT" ?

Ok I get it now. I’m not the type to change my regulator and hammer adjustment once I have chosen the pellet or slug that shoots best out of my guns barrel And then tune the power for best efficiency. I’m just used to be able to check my reg pressure when I pick up the rifle to see if there has been any creep which affects that first shot. Without the gauge it would be impossible to know if you would be limiting the regs highest or lowest recommended setting as well. I have watched the video on the DRS and FX is saying there is no reason to adjust the reg and that the gun from the factory will be set at 28fPE in .22. Which probably is with a 15 grn. Pellet. Well a lot of guys including myself will be wanting to shoot slugs which requires a little more reg preasure and hammer spring. FX is saying this DRS has a large valve that dumps a lot of air quickly and that the larger plentum will give higher power. So we will see once the rifle reach us hear in the US what we can expect out of this new valve between the two plentum sizes. Oh FX also says there is a plug in the bottom of the plentum that a gauge can be added but it will ruin the nice lines of the rifle. But you could install a gauge temporarily to make adjustments up and down until you have it dialed in and then remove it. That will work for me.

The angled manometer bracket looks good with the bigger plenum.
For me it sticks out a bit far to leave on permanently. I would take it off after I got my rifle setup.
Screenshot_20240226_051020_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_051050_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_051416_Samsung Notes.jpg

Damn i thought that gauge was for the regulated pressure.
But ok you can put gauge om plenum / mag, so i just hope that is on the side of the larger plenum i wast as a 700 mm FAC potential buyer.
CUZ it would suck if the gauge had to be on the bottom of the plenum, but on side maybe with a angle adapter would work for me.

Also just noticed, with the MDT stock / chassis it do look as if you can get to the HS adjuster, but in the front i had hoped to see a hole in the barricade stop giving you access to the regulator.

On the bottom of the MAG you could also do a 90 deg angle adapter so the gauge would sit pointing out back flush with the back end of the MAG

Damn now i am giving FX ideas again for absolutely nothing in return

im putting a sling stud under the forearm to carry it in the field after all how many times do you need a bipod when hunting squirrels or rabbits. I carry shooting sticks a lot of times to shoot off of or use a tree as a rest. A bipod is just extra weight in the field. But if you use a bipod when target shooting off a table I have installed a short picatinny rail with a swivel stud at the front mounting hole. That way you can have both options.

Argh man,,,,,,,, posted too late.

Actually maybe having the gauge on the back of the big plenum ?
They really should have a hole with a plug in the back of the larger plentum. Until we get these we can’t speculate how thick the walls are and if it is possible to drill and tap a hole for a gauge. However even though it is soft aluminum it’s always possible for some goober out there to use the wrong size drill bit or screw up the tapping with insufficient threads to have an accident. We can only hope FX will listen to our requests and include them down the road. I’m wondering if a tubular extension could be added to the front of the short Classic plentum that would be inletted in the forearm of the stock for those who want more power but don’t want that big plentum hanging underneath. Haven not seen the bottom of the rifle yet to see if there is a screw in front of the plentum for holding the action to the stock. Remember the extension plentum guys were making on their gen 1 Impacts before FX added it?

Reactions: Peashooter
"EVERYTHING YOU NEED, AND NOTHING YOU DONT"

Obviously, there are not nearly enough gauges. Everyone knows, when it comes to airguns, 4 gauges are always better than 1. The more gauges, the better. There are not nearly enough FUN knobs to twist and turn, sideways, forward and backward, and way too few o-ringy things inside to replace. What kind of fun is that? How are we to impress others, with our own special, top secret modifications, "special tunes" and exotic projectile combinations? At only 36.5", its way too short in length to be useful for anything more than plinking, hunting, or target shooting. And at only 5.2 lbs., its way too light in weight on its own, so heavy extras like bipods are a must. But in order to attach a nice, heavy, 2 pound bipod, FX expects us consumers to screw a couple #10 Phillips head wood screws into fine Italian Walnut? What??? C'mon FX. They should have at least offered the classic version in South Eastern African Mahogany, or West Brazilian Oak. And the pro version, with its stupid fancy lightweight aluminum chassis should have been designed and manufactured in something much more heavy and durable, like cast iron or stainless steel, with options for a Flamingo Pink and/or Purple Fuchsia powder coat, to really make her "POP". And last but not least, considering today's abnormally high rate of inflation, the manufactures suggested retail price is just way too low,
I urge everyone, to re-consider.
And if anyone has a DRS they would like to rid themselves of, please let me know!

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
Well i might take that fill pressure gauge, plug its location off and move it to where it could show regulated pressure.
I never look at fill pressure as i shoot tethered at the bench, and if i do i look at the fill kits gauge to see how low my big bottle are.

Having been dealing with my Vulcan 3 for a while now, and not knowing the regulated pressure, that is quite annoying.

FX Airguns recommend in case of high winds in your area, secure your DRS Classic so it do not get blown half way across the county.

"EVERYTHING YOU NEED, AND NOTHING YOU DONT"

Obviously, there are not nearly enough gauges. Everyone knows, when it comes to airguns, 4 gauges are always better than 1. The more gauges, the better. There are not nearly enough FUN knobs to twist and turn, sideways, forward and backward, and way too few o-ringy things inside to replace. What kind of fun is that? How are we to impress others, with our own special, top secret modifications, "special tunes" and exotic projectile combinations? At only 36.5", its way too short in length to be useful for anything more than plinking, hunting, or target shooting. And at only 5.2 lbs., its way too light in weight on its own, so heavy extras like bipods are a must. But in order to attach a nice, heavy, 2 pound bipod, FX expects us consumers to screw a couple #10 Phillips head wood screws into fine Italian Walnut? What??? C'mon FX. They should have at least offered the classic version in South Eastern African Mahogany, or West Brazilian Oak. And the pro version, with its stupid fancy lightweight aluminum chassis should have been designed and manufactured in something much more heavy and durable, like cast iron or stainless steel, with options for a Flamingo Pink and/or Purple Fuchsia powder coat, to really make her "POP". And last but not least, considering today's abnormally high rate of inflation, the manufactures suggested retail price is just way too low,
I urge everyone, to re-consider.
And if anyone has a DRS they would like to rid themselves of, please let me know!
Awesome

Reactions: Airgun Al
They didn’t say what weight they are But I’ll try them. With that huge hollow point it should really dump a lot of energy on critters. Should help reducing ricochet's too. I have already ordered JSB’s new heavy weight pellets to try out Since it doesn’t have the slug barrel. I’m not interested in anything over 28 grain anyway.