FX New FX DRS Classic, Pro, and "LIGHT" ?

How do you access the hammer spring adjustment? Where Is the plentum gauge? I assume it is on the bottom of the stock in front of the plentum
Yes it seem you can not get to the hammer spring adjuster or for that matter the regulator without removing the entire stock, that is indeed a bit of a let down i will have to admit.
There is just that 1 gauge on the rifle, i assume it tell the regulated pressure, at least i would personally prefer that VS it telling the bottle pressure.
I never look at bottle pressure gauge CUZ i shoot bench and tethered to a big bottle so i do not run out, so if i want to know the pressure i look at the fill kits gauge.

I assume FX could have made a gauge on the " barrel " to tell the bottle pressure, just like some rifles have a regulator there.

The Swedes are for sure trying new things here, some of which could potentially be off putting for some. I am personally a bit troubled with the fact you can not reach the 2 " tuning " knobs ( regulator and HS adjuster )

Also just realized,,,,,,,, Where do you put a bipod ? you can not use a tube clamp here, so i suppose you will have to mount something on the wood where a swivel thing sould be for carrying strap.

But then doing that if you want to carry, you have to go " Tuco " and just use a piece of string
iu

Last edited:
I am pretty sure this is the case with the Dreamline Classic as well. Having had a Marauder, I wasn't put off by the idea that I'd have to remove the stock for tuning purposes. As luck would have it, I ended up with a DreamTac, so all of that is external. It's nice, but not essential for me. I still want a walnut stock for my DreamTac.
But, it does make me speculate that if you have money, you can convert the DRS to the other versions by buying the parts (or a kit), as you can with the Dreamline.
Not sure about that missing gauge...

I do hope the PRO come in a stock, NOT from a luxury brand, maybe som of FX own stuff.
I like the tacticool look but it is not something i am going to pay over the top for like i would be toing with the MDT stock.

I suppose other might try to cash in here with DRS classic upgrade stocks, saber tactical ASO

On the other hand i am thinking maybe it is time i dont try to shoot umpteen different things / weights with 1 rifle, not least now that i have several rifles.

Used to dealing with my Vulcan 3 that mean you have to take stock off to get to HS adjuster, and even worse have to take the damn thing apart ( degas ) to get to regulator, the DRS are still a big step up in that regard.

Reactions: Impact701
I do hope the PRO come in a stock, NOT from a luxury brand, maybe som of FX own stuff.
I like the tacticool look but it is not something i am going to pay over the top for like i would be toing with the MDT stock.

I suppose other might try to cash in here with DRS classic upgrade stocks, saber tactical ASO

On the other hand i am thinking maybe it is time i dont try to shoot umpteen different things / weights with 1 rifle, not least now that i have several rifles.

Used to dealing with my Vulcan 3 that mean you have to take stock off to get to HS adjuster, and even worse have to take the damn thing apart ( degas ) to get to regulator, the DRS are still a big step up in that regard.
Looks like FX will be selling a DRS Pro barreled action.

Screenshot_20240222_164838_Chrome.jpg

Well im confused. If you don’t have a reg gauge how are you to know if you are under or over the recommended limits when adjusting the reg? And if you don’t have a chronograph you’re really in the dark. Someone tell me how this works. This is a hunting rifle in my mind and once you decide on the pellet or slug it likes best you tune it and leave it Just like a powder burner. I’m so used to using the reg gauge as a reference for tuning and checking the reg pressure on my other rifles for creeping. You know that once they sell two years worth of these they will come out with a MK2 version with more options like a Dreamline style block with external adjusting and reg gauge. It follows what FX has done with most all the models they have come out with. Making them richer and us poorer.

Well im confused. If you don’t have a reg gauge how are you to know if you are under or over the recommended limits when adjusting the reg? And if you don’t have a chronograph you’re really in the dark. Someone tell me how this works. This is a hunting rifle in my mind and once you decide on the pellet or slug it likes best you tune it and leave it Just like a powder burner. I’m so used to using the reg gauge as a reference for tuning and checking the reg pressure on my other rifles for creeping. You know that once they sell two years worth of these they will come out with a MK2 version with more options like a Dreamline style block with external adjusting and reg gauge. It follows what FX has done with most all the models they have come out with. Making them richer and us poorer.

Well, all the other high end airguns like RAW don't have regulator gauge and no one seems to be complaining. Think about it, it's 1 less O-rings people been wanting. 😅

It must be very difficult for FX!
They offer 1 model, and people complain its too complicated, too many adjustments, too many o-rings, etc.
Then they offer another model, that is far less complex, and people still complain, only now its too simple!
Bringing new products to the consumers table, is a great thing, yet some complain, and see this as a negative.
And placing blame on FX, with regards to ones financial situation , is just ludicrous!

Hehe i quit pleasing people a long long time ago, that was quite easy when you discovered that other people are most often vicious vile persons out to do you nothing but harm, or at least not make your life more fun.

So my packaging are quite simple, and if you do not like that, well too bad for you.

it took some getting used to my Maverick only having 1 gauge to adjust the 2 regulators with, but after checking the front ones setting once it never really became a issue.
So i can do just fine with the 1 gauge for regulated pressure on the DRSC

I can sort of see woods walkers could have a problem, but really is the DRSC the rifle you would use for something like that anyway, even if it do seem to be very light weight.

If other brands make a chassis for the DRSC i just fear they miss the ball and try to make one that can compete with the MDT stock, and so theirs will be about the same expensive price.
They should not do that, but a tacti cool stock of some sort, maybe a folding stock, and a good price, well they would have my attention for sure.

Hehe.

That will not happen for me, CUZ the only 2 hand things i have ever gotten is cars, and with the past 2 cars i am done with that too.
Even if the used cars i have owned have been nothing but very good to me, and at least in 1 case me being nothing but bad to the car.

I cant even sell things, i will have to get others to do it for me if it is. Last thing i sold was my Amiga 500+ computer, and that was in 1990 as i recall.
I horde some things, and then after some years i just throw them out as scrap.

Hehe i quit pleasing people a long long time ago, that was quite easy when you discovered that other people are most often vicious vile persons out to do you nothing but harm, or at least not make your life more fun.

So my packaging are quite simple, and if you do not like that, well too bad for you.

it took some getting used to my Maverick only having 1 gauge to adjust the 2 regulators with, but after checking the front ones setting once it never really became a issue.
So i can do just fine with the 1 gauge for regulated pressure on the DRSC

I can sort of see woods walkers could have a problem, but really is the DRSC the rifle you would use for something like that anyway, even if it do seem to be very light weight.

If other brands make a chassis for the DRSC i just fear they miss the ball and try to make one that can compete with the MDT stock, and so theirs will be about the same expensive price.
They should not do that, but a tacti cool stock of some sort, maybe a folding stock, and a good price, well they would have my attention for sure.
i don’t get why you don’t see the DRS classic not a gun for woods walkers. It’s light, short, ample power for any small game . It’s like the small light weight .22 rifles us baby boomers grew up carrying in the woods. All we needed back then. Seems like a lot of people think they need a 10 pound bull pup air rifle with a 700mm barrel shooting a slug at 1000fps with a bipod attached and a huge bottle for 150 shots minimum to go walk in the woods after squirrels. Or shoot in there back yard for that mater. We Americans have been swayed into thinking Bader looking, bigger, faster more powerful things are better and then complain about the cost compared to classic, simple, efficient products that get the same job done . This can apply to almost everything from cars to cell phones. Already people are disappointed that this DRS isn’t powerful enough, that there isn’t a way to attach a bipod, that the magazine isn’t big enough. I think this rifle fills a niche that the manufacturers have gotten away from trying to appease the black gun market which no doubt is huge in the PB world. I laugh when I see pictures in hunting magazines of guys hunting with 12 pound $3000 chassis rifles with $2500 60mm variable scopes in the woods. Chalk it up to great marketing by the gun manufacturers who have to keep reinventing the gun to keep sales up.

Reactions: Bulldogg1973
Ok I’m done with my rant above. Now back to my original post. Again all my PCP Airguns except my Condor non regulated gun have a gage to set the regulator. So if a gun like this new DRS doesn’t have a regulator gage how do you go about tuning the gun when the regulator is adjustable but you don’t have any idea what the pressure is?

Ok I’m done with my rant above. Now back to my original post. Again all my PCP Airguns except my Condor non regulated gun have a gage to set the regulator. So if a gun like this new DRS doesn’t have a regulator gage how do you go about tuning the gun when the regulator is adjustable but you don’t have any idea what the pressure is?
You'll have to shoot it through a chronograph and monitor the pressure when the fps drops below the average. Another way is a custom regulator tester.

i don’t get why you don’t see the DRS classic not a gun for woods walkers. It’s light, short, ample power for any small game . It’s like the small light weight .22 rifles us baby boomers grew up carrying in the woods. All we needed back then. Seems like a lot of people think they need a 10 pound bull pup air rifle with a 700mm barrel shooting a slug at 1000fps with a bipod attached and a huge bottle for 150 shots minimum to go walk in the woods after squirrels. Or shoot in there back yard for that mater. We Americans have been swayed into thinking Bader looking, bigger, faster more powerful things are better and then complain about the cost compared to classic, simple, efficient products that get the same job done . This can apply to almost everything from cars to cell phones. Already people are disappointed that this DRS isn’t powerful enough, that there isn’t a way to attach a bipod, that the magazine isn’t big enough. I think this rifle fills a niche that the manufacturers have gotten away from trying to appease the black gun market which no doubt is huge in the PB world. I laugh when I see pictures in hunting magazines of guys hunting with 12 pound $3000 chassis rifles with $2500 60mm variable scopes in the woods. Chalk it up to great marketing by the gun manufacturers who have to keep reinventing the gun to keep sales up.
I like light weight well balanced setups for walking around. I built my M3 to be as light as I can reasonably get it, 8lbs even with an EPL4 and a BaldR. I think the only thing missing on the DRS is sling studs, I would like to have a sling for a rifle like that.

Reactions: Nutcracker
i don’t get why you don’t see the DRS classic not a gun for woods walkers
Well that was of course bases on my own experience ( none ) and local conditions,, it have just become legal to hunt something with a air rifle here, though i think it is still very small things like a rabbit ASO and it would probably require a large caliber to do it, CUZ just shooting pests here you need to use at least a .22 and also have a pesting course / certificate that take 3 days to get and solely focus on the use of poison.
And even if you go hunting with your air rifle, well you of course still need to pass the hunting licence test, and having done that you can shoot any caliber pushed by air of powder.

On a funny side note, as i recall it is actually legal for a bow hunter here to shoot a deer, that i dont think is legal with any caliber airgun, even if it could easy be done.
Wild bore for instance, a thing / pest in the US, that we do not have in Denmark, it is actually also the only reason there is a border fence ( 3-4 feet high ) at the Denmark / Germany border, CUZ here we are 6 mill people but +13 mill pigs on farms, so we do not need any pig decease up here with wild pigs from Germany.

Anyway i think both you and i can agree on you can easy shoot a rat or a squirrel ethically with a sub 12 .177 air rifle, hell i have seen British guys shoot rabbits and just drop them right then and there.
But as they say the law is the law, and now i have outlined some of the things affecting me when i think walk in the wood with a rifle.

You can of course bring anything you want to a wood, from a .177 that will easy drop a smaller meal or pest and to a .50 powder burner if you have something big to shoot and dont mind a big chunk of it is gone.
Or a .72 caliber air rifle and a trolley with 2 large air tanks CUZ you are planning to stay a week, that is entirely up to you.
If the situation become so i will for sure hunt just about anything with my .177 FAC rifles, CUZ better that than starve to death.

So in regard to the DRS or just about any rifle, i am thinking i want something that can hit hard and have stopping power, but in the DRS that mean fairly few shots in a tank of air, but of course no one say you will get the chance to, or even need to harvest 14 animals in one go, though if you have a family to feed and are shooting for squirrel stew you probably want as many as possible.
So i would personally shoot for a .30 rifle, and a hard hitting one, but that is also formed on the basis of it will be able to do other things with unquestionable lethal power.

As you can probably see / deduct when i think walk the forest with a rifle i am mainly thinking hunting for food, pesting is not so much on my mind, but i know depending on where you are, pests can be fairly big.

I only ask a few things of other people, these are paramount to me.
1: please do not do things that endanger me or the people i care about.
2: please treat me the same way i treat you, or you expect to be treated.
3: always say what is on your mind, i can take it.
4: please do not lie to me, some are very bad at it, and i have sadly been a expert in it during the dark ages of my life.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Why reg gauge is so important? You set your reg pressure once for specific muzzle velocity and you leave it be. There’s no need to even know what is this exact pressure. Chronograph will tell the rest. :cool:

regulator pressure is good to know if you fine tune or change the regulator pressure a lot. Not really necessary but very nice to have. Personally I’m very use to having regulator pressure on a FX so it will be interesting to see how to tune it without one. Yes, I’ve done it but it’s a complete PIA.

Reactions: Leon83